Come At Me Bro $250 FAAB Auction Sat Mar 18 (post analysis)

rickerbockerNFBC

Re: Come At Me Bro $250 FAAB Auction Sat Mar 18 (post analys

Post by rickerbockerNFBC » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:08 pm

Dude, the draft analysis stuff is ludicrous. I've already told you this. I'm not an idiot, I understand that you understand there is managing your team, injuries, FAAB, luck, etc. Throw all of that out!!! The preseason draft analysis is a complete and utter joke. They do NOT tell you who drafted better. They do NOT tell you who is the favorite (or who has the upper hand) after the draft. They do NOT provide ANY meaningful information whatsoever. You lose so much credibility when you mention them. Now, you have an entire video based around a silly draft analysis. LOL! I definitely want to play in more leagues with you!!!

Gekko

Re: Come At Me Bro $250 FAAB Auction Sat Mar 18 noon (full?)

Post by Gekko » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:16 pm

rkulaski wrote:
Gekko wrote:
76erfan wrote: P Eickhoff, Jerad (P) $3
i'm not sure why he doesn't get any respect. solid buy at that price
Paid 6 for him last night and thought 6 was fair.
$6 is fair. much higher and profit disappears

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:17 pm

Bjs2025 wrote: Whoa, my bad I thought Gekko said that.
attention to detail!

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:17 pm

rickerbockerNFBC wrote:Dude, the draft analysis stuff is ludicrous. I've already told you this. I'm not an idiot, I understand that you understand there is managing your team, injuries, FAAB, luck, etc. Throw all of that out!!! The preseason draft analysis is a complete and utter joke. They do NOT tell you who drafted better. They do NOT tell you who is the favorite (or who has the upper hand) after the draft. They do NOT provide ANY meaningful information whatsoever. You lose so much credibility when you mention them. Now, you have an entire video based around a silly draft analysis. LOL! I definitely want to play in more leagues with you!!!
+1 ;)

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:44 pm

rickerbockerNFBC wrote:Dude, the draft analysis stuff is ludicrous. I've already told you this. I'm not an idiot, I understand that you understand there is managing your team, injuries, FAAB, luck, etc. Throw all of that out!!! The preseason draft analysis is a complete and utter joke. They do NOT tell you who drafted better. They do NOT tell you who is the favorite (or who has the upper hand) after the draft. They do NOT provide ANY meaningful information whatsoever. You lose so much credibility when you mention them. Now, you have an entire video based around a silly draft analysis. LOL! I definitely want to play in more leagues with you!!!
Yea, we'll never agree. I have too large a sample size of it working between baseball, football and basketball to prove it works.

rickerbockerNFBC

Post by rickerbockerNFBC » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:24 pm

Bjs2025 wrote:
Yea, we'll never agree. I have too large a sample size of it working between baseball, football and basketball to prove it works.
The issue is that I have too large of a sample size that they don't matter.

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:33 pm

rickerbockerNFBC wrote:
Bjs2025 wrote:
The issue is that I have too large of a sample size that they don't matter.
You're both wrong to some degree.

For example, if the best owner of an auction gets $290 worth of players, then the projections are going to say that that team is "the leader". In most auctions/drafts that kind of separation from the pack isn't going to mean much because of what occurs during the season. It's 1 against 14 and a couple of guys out of the 14 will be luckier than you.

This goes without saying but if you do well enough that you REALLY separate yourself from the pack, your odds greatly increase. Rotoboy did that, but as I said before he's in my estimation at even odds of cashing.

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:40 pm

"You're both wrong to some degree.

For example, if the best owner of an auction gets $290 worth of players, then the projections are going to say that that team is "the leader". In MOST auctions/drafts that kind of separation from the pack isn't going to mean much because of what occurs during the season. It's 1 against 14 and a couple of guys out of the 14 will be luckier than you.

This goes without saying but if you do well enough that you REALLY separate yourself from the pack, your odds greatly increase. Rotoboy did that, but that said he's in my estimation at even odds of cashing"

Now this is a great point. This is also why I like to play lots of leagues to mitigate risk because I do understand that even with a team of $340 value you're not guaranteed anything but I'd rather have that team than the one with $260 that gets lucky. Even though rickerbockers criticizes my line of thinking I don't believe he really watched my full video or is offering any alternative.

Roy's Outlaws

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:30 pm

Gekko wrote:
+1 ;)
+2
+3
+4
+5
:o

Le Grand Orange

Post by Le Grand Orange » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:44 pm

Bjs2025 wrote:"You're both wrong to some degree.

For example, if the best owner of an auction gets $290 worth of players, then the projections are going to say that that team is "the leader". In MOST auctions/drafts that kind of separation from the pack isn't going to mean much because of what occurs during the season. It's 1 against 14 and a couple of guys out of the 14 will be luckier than you.

This goes without saying but if you do well enough that you REALLY separate yourself from the pack, your odds greatly increase. Rotoboy did that, but that said he's in my estimation at even odds of cashing"

Now this is a great point. This is also why I like to play lots of leagues to mitigate risk because I do understand that even with a team of $340 value you're not guaranteed anything but I'd rather have that team than the one with $260 that gets lucky. Even though rickerbockers criticizes my line of thinking I don't believe he really watched my full video or is offering any alternative.
I did watch your video and heard you say your team got $330 worth of value. Now it's apparently $340. I have you for $284 (auction players only so Moncada not Prado) and Mastersball has you for $278. I'm curious if anyone else wasted their time on this exercise. ;) I'm guessing either your valuation system is a little off (mine may be too, but not by $50) or you're just trying to show off the size of your nipples (which, btw stop, please). Not an alternative, but more a reliability (reality) check.
Marc Winokur
Known Aliases "Le Grand Orange" "Gooden Plenty" and "Sky King"

Ando

Post by Ando » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:54 pm

I have finally figured this all out. Seymour is the equivalent to an American DeadHeadz.
"Luck is the residue of design."

-Branch Rickey

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:55 pm

Ando wrote:I have finally figured this all out. Seymour is the equivalent to an American DeadHeadz.
Not even close. Brian knows something about baseball. Brian contributes to a baseball discussion.

I was in the R-Bro auction. I thought he did fine. Let's see how it plays out. The Moncada thing....while RotoBro was ticked off that he put him out there at a buck and got him, I was ticked off that I didn't bid 2. He went for 2 or 3 the next night with some of the same owners participating. Guys like Shaw, Wilmer FLores, Steve Pearce, Duda, etc. are going for a buck or making it to reserve rounds. Additionally you have a FAAB run prior to Week 1. If you believe in Moncada and think that he can contribute fairly soon, why not go this route? Might turn out great for him. The talent level in the reserve rounds is still decent. Roster slots are precious but depending on structure, this seems like a viable play to me. But what do I know? I'm projected to finish 14th!

morons

Post by morons » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:22 pm

Pre-season draft software league-winner projections reminds me of a certain child's story:

"Mirror mirror on the wall...who's fantasy baseball team is best of all"

Based on this thread, the magic mirror must have declared SnowWhiteBoy has the best team of all

But what does that mean? Did last year's mid-March magic mirror know about AJ Pollock or Kyle Schwarber missing almost the entire season? Did it predict Daniel Murphy, Brian Dozier, or Mark Trumbo would over-achieve and have career years? Or breakouts for Jon Villar and Kris Davis? Did it know that Rick Porcello would go from cast-off to Cy Young winner?? Had it heard of Edwin Diaz or Seung Hwan Oh? What projections did it have for Trea Turner?

Leagues are lost on draft-day, but not won. The rest of the season matters too.

And I'm fine taking a flyer on Moncada. Many did the same last year for Trea Turner...or years gone by for guys like Mike Trout and Bryce Harper when they were slated to start the year in minors

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:26 pm

Seymour is a great addition to the community IMO. Let's see if he will have fantasy success this year. If he does, watch out next year!!!

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:55 am

Gekko wrote:Rotobro - not bad, but certainly not outstanding
Austin Hedges $1 [guy who has never done anything in the bigs, except suck and he's already dinged up. good thing he was only $1]

April 23rd but Just saying

knuckleheads

Post by knuckleheads » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:45 am

Somehow I missed this entire thread earlier in the year. Must have been prepping for the Main Event.

That said, ON THIS THREAD, between Rotoboy and Gekko, Rotoboy seems like the most reasonable and more boisterous of the two. Admirable achievements on both accounts.

I wish we had more threads like this one where guys discuss players and expectations that can be reviewed later in the year. I also like the smack talk. There should be more of that, less mutual admiration threads. We can like each other and still be critical as hell of each other.

I give Brian a B on his draft and Gekko a C- on his player analysis. Without his Brantley support, Gekko would be at D for his analysis.

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:41 am

knuckleheads wrote:Somehow I missed this entire thread earlier in the year. Must have been prepping for the Main Event.

That said, ON THIS THREAD, between Rotoboy and Gekko, Rotoboy seems like the most reasonable and more boisterous of the two. Admirable achievements on both accounts.

I wish we had more threads like this one where guys discuss players and expectations that can be reviewed later in the year. I also like the smack talk. There should be more of that, less mutual admiration threads. We can like each other and still be critical as hell of each other.

I give Brian a B on his draft and Gekko a C- on his player analysis. Without his Brantley support, Gekko would be at D for his analysis.
lol, if you like this kind of stuff than let me throw gas on the fire and say I am winning this league by 15 points currently and while I know I drafted the best team on paper I do recognize it is only April 23.