Set Lineups Is Good For Pitchers And Hitters

Greg Ambrosius

Set Lineups Is Good For Pitchers And Hitters

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:57 pm

Okay, if you want to work ahead and set your starting lineups for Week 1 you can do that now. The Pitchers can now be put in place. Good luck all and may all your players stay healthy.

Just a reminder that Week 1 in the NFBC goes from Sunday, April 2nd to Sunday, April 9th. It is an 8-day week to start out. That's the only week that we do that for, so plan accordingly.

Okay, work ahead and get those Set Lineups set. :lol:
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Deadheadz

Re: Set Lineups Is Good For Pitchers And Hitters

Post by Deadheadz » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:04 pm

Just so we're clear, setting your pitchers for Apr 2 lock times means they are locked until Apr 10.
Right?
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:41 pm

Deadheadz wrote:.

Just so we're clear, setting your pitchers for Apr 2 lock times means they are locked until Apr 10.
Right?

They are locked through Sunday, April 9th.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gates

Post by Gates » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:03 pm

Greg,
Just to make sure also, the deadline of the week for the players of NYY - TB - SF - ARZ - CHI - STL is Sunday April 2nd, 5 minutes before their game starts. Right? All other teams deadline is Monday.

Thanks
Gates
Go ahead, make my day...

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:27 pm

Gates wrote:Greg,
Just to make sure also, the deadline of the week for the players of NYY - TB - SF - ARZ - CHI - STL is Sunday April 2nd, 5 minutes before their game starts. Right? All other teams deadline is Monday.

Thanks
Gates
Greg or Tom can confirm, but I think the first Sunday's games are "free" games, meaning you lock those players on Monday (or Tuesday if they don't play Monday) and, if they are in your starting lineup, you get the first Sunday's stats (and conversely, if you bench them on the Monday or Tuesday when they lock, you avoid the first Sunday's stats).

(Of course, if Greg or Tom says I screwed this up, just ignore the fact that I ever responded. :mrgreen: )

Ike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

lrr

Post by lrr » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:37 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the lineup page needs to be changed. Greg there is no eight day period as you describe. There is a one day period on August 2nd followed by a seven day period. The computer allows you to set your lineup for the one day August 2nd Sunday and then change your lineup on Monday. This is not how it was last year.

Last year, the first period was for eight days, Sunday through Thursday, followed by Friday through Sunday.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:00 am

lrr wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the lineup page needs to be changed. Greg there is no eight day period as you describe. There is a one day period on August 2nd followed by a seven day period. The computer allows you to set your lineup for the one day August 2nd Sunday and then change your lineup on Monday. This is not how it was last year.

Last year, the first period was for eight days, Sunday through Thursday, followed by Friday through Sunday.
It will be Sunday to Sunday. We'll get the time periods updated.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:11 am

fyi- I couldn't move anyone on my draft champions team. maybe they all stay active- which all 50 were.

Gates

Post by Gates » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:53 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
lrr wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the lineup page needs to be changed. Greg there is no eight day period as you describe. There is a one day period on August 2nd followed by a seven day period. The computer allows you to set your lineup for the one day August 2nd Sunday and then change your lineup on Monday. This is not how it was last year.

It will be Sunday to Sunday. We'll get the time periods updated.

So going back to my original question, are my players playing Sunday locked-in Sunday?
And if so, please remind me how it will work for the Sunday drafters?

Thanks
Gaëtan
Go ahead, make my day...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:38 pm

Gates wrote:Greg,

Thanks
Gates
Sorry I missed this. No Sunday is a free day for everyone, so lineups will lock before their first games on Monday or Tuesday. Enjoy.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius