Other Draft Results?

knuckleheads

Other Draft Results?

Post by knuckleheads » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:42 am

Is anybody else able to view draft results from other leagues? A tab was recently added to my draft results page titled: View Different NFBC League: , but when I press on the tab it gives me the option to look at just one league, mine.

headhunters

Re: Other Draft Results?

Post by headhunters » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:33 pm

bump

knuckleheads

Post by knuckleheads » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:51 pm

I'm dying to know what is taking so long for them to fix this. Clearly this comes under the headline of Unnecessarily Frustrating Your Customers.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:02 pm

Not sure if this is what you're looking for:

Go into one of your league home pages. Then Standings > League
From there you can use the dropdown within the page to look at other leagues.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

knuckleheads

Post by knuckleheads » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:11 pm

Thanks, but I am aware of that. What I am looking to do is look at the other drafts in the Main Event. It's ridiculous that it is not set up by now, especially given that we can look at all the other leagues' rosters.

knuckleheads

Post by knuckleheads » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:48 am

As of this morning, I see that 259 people have read this post so I am assuming there are many others interested in this topic, so I'll give an update...There is no update.

I asked Greg and Tom via email after the Main Event when we would be able to look at other drafts and I very quickly got a response that it would be likely Monday.

First thing Monday morning the tab was placed on the draft results page that would allow us to look at other drafts (excitement! :mrgreen: ), but when you click on the tab the only option you have is to look at your own team (disappointment :cry: ) .

I sent another email to G&T Monday asking when the other drafts would be visable. Greg responded Monday night that "nobody is allowed to see draft results until all drafts are done. It's not fair to let everyone see early draft results." (confusion :? )

Well, I could not agree more with Greg's response, however, as the season was now 9 hours old (concern :| ), I expressed concern that drafts were still being conducted on Monday night.

Greg responded, "There are no drafts going on now."

Wonderful (excitement :D ), I could sense that access to information about teams I was competing against was going to be immediately forthcoming, and sent G&T this message:

I'm not trying to be a pain, but I am trying to clarify, there is a link to see other leagues' drafts, but when you press it you are only given the option to view your own league.

Is it that a mistake, or are we still waiting to release the ability to see other leagues' drafts?

Sorry for harassing.

Tuesday morning Greg told me, "(the tab) will be active this week." (disappointment :cry: confusion :? rage :evil: )

My last question to Greg on Tuesday afternoon was if there were technical difficulties, or is this just a low priority?

They've been on radio silence since that question and I guess they haven't seen this thread, where at last count 259 people were checking in to see when we can see the results of the drafts that concluded 4 days ago. I'll keep everyone posted on progresss.

Ando

Post by Ando » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:52 am

They do have to travel home from Vegas and haven't seen their families in 12 days. Seems like a low priority to me; it's not like the results are going to change. Just a thought.
"Luck is the residue of design."

-Branch Rickey

knuckleheads

Post by knuckleheads » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:01 am

Ando wrote:They do have to travel home from Vegas and haven't seen their families in 12 days. Seems like a low priority to me; it's not like the results are going to change. Just a thought.
Yes, I'd like for them to see their families. And I love bunnies and rainbows. And I am also in favor of them making the 1 telephone call to the tech department that will get the button pushed that gives us access to see draft results. For the record, I'd like for the tech employees to see their families too.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:05 am

Each time the same person clicks on the thread, or hits refresh, it counts as a Page View.

So it's not really 259 people checking this thread. It's probably knuckleheads checking for an update 200 times, and 59 people wanting to see if his head has exploded.

knuckleheads

Post by knuckleheads » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:15 am

King of Queens wrote:Each time the same person clicks on the thread, or hits refresh, it counts as a Page View.
Now there's a tech-savvy observation, KOQ. I bet you could push the button that would solve this confounding challenge.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:11 am

David, I'm not a programmer, so obviously I'm at the mercy of STATS to make these links live. I'm not sure what the delay is, but I've requested this for you, for all 259 people who have read this thread and for all of the players. I'm sure we all want to see team rosters and league draft results from the overall standings and we're waiting for STATS to make that happen. Continuing to post my response to your emails and calls all weekend isn't changing the fact that we're both waiting for STATS to make these live.

But first we need the minor-leaguers out of the FAAB pool and other changes that affect the games we play. If these links go live tomorrow instead of Monday, nobody was hurt. So be patient and we'll get them live this week, or when STATS feels like making them live. I'm hopeful it will be soon.

And just a note: All of this information is available under Standings League. Just pull down to any team and you can see team rosters and league standings.

As for Draft Results, as I stated last weekend, none of the draft results are live until after all drafts are finished. We don't want anyone seeing other owners' draft results before all drafts are done. It wouldn't be fair to anyone drafting early, whether it be the Draft Champions leagues or the Main Events. STATS can now open that pulldown to all leagues and I've asked them to do it. That should happen soon. Again, if it happens tomorrow rather than Monday nobody was hurt by it. They will get to it soon.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

knuckleheads

Post by knuckleheads » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:54 pm

Greg, thanks for the thoroughness of your response.

The point I've been trying to convey since Monday is this:

- STATS added the Tab, but set it up wrong.

- It's possible they think they have completed your request, not realizing they set it up wrong.

- If you've double-checked that they understand that the tab is incorrectly setup, then I'm a pain in the ass.

- If you haven't, then I think it would be helpful to let them know they haven't completed the task correctly.

Now that STATS has completed the critical task of removing Minor Leaguers from the FAAB player pool, maybe we can risk busting their balls about the work they've done incorrectly.

I get that this makes me the asshole, hounding you about this, but I would hate for us to sit here another 3 days waiting for them to complete a task because they think they've already completed it.

I appreciate mid-western good manners, lack them as I might. I do appreciate your efforts.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:02 pm

They understand what needs to be done so you don't have to hound me anymore.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

knuckleheads

Post by knuckleheads » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:09 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:They understand what needs to be done so you don't have to hound me anymore.
Greg, I don't have to hound you, but until I have access to the other drafts, it's the only thing that makes me feel better.

Progress report: nothing to report.

I'll update everyone throughout the day on the movements of this technological breakdown.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:17 am

Here's a workaround until you get the results you're after:

The link below will show you the Draft Board of the league by 4 digit identifier. Paste the link into your address bar and change the last 4 digits to the number of the league you want to view. It doesn't have to be a league you're in. I'm not in league 4331 but I can see their draft board.
http://nfbc.sportshubtech.com/baseball/ ... ?lgid=4331

EDIT: You must be logged into your NFBC for this to work. It can't be linked directly from the message boards if you're not logged into NFBC as well.
Last edited by Deadheadz on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

knuckleheads

Post by knuckleheads » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:39 am

Deadheadz wrote:.
Here's a workaround until you get the results you're after:

The link below will show you the Draft Board of the league by 4 digit identifier. Paste the link into your address bar and change the last 4 digits to the number of the league you want to view. It doesn't have to be a league you're in. I'm not in league 4331 but I can see their draft board.
http://nfbc.sportshubtech.com/baseball/ ... ?lgid=4331
Thanks for the effort, Deadheadz. However, the link did not work for me.

Draft Results Update: no progress, but friendly attempted help from other league members. :lol:

knuckleheads

Post by knuckleheads » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:50 am

While we are at it, the links on the Overall Standings are not activated, either.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:55 pm

knuckleheads wrote:While we are at it, the links on the Overall Standings are not activated, either.
They will both be activated at the same time.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:02 pm

knuckleheads wrote:
It works only if you paste it into the address bar while logged into one of your teams while on the NFBC site. It doesn't work directly from the message boards or a virgin web session. Try logging in first.

Does this look familiar?
Attachments
Rimel.jpg
Rimel.jpg (201.81 KiB) Viewed 13596 times
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:58 pm

These are both live now.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:51 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:These are both live now.
Our long national nightmare is over. Sigh of relief.

knuckleheads

Post by knuckleheads » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:21 pm

Deadheadz wrote:
knuckleheads wrote:
It works only if you paste it into the address bar while logged into one of your teams while on the NFBC site. It doesn't work directly from the message boards or a virgin web session. Try logging in first.

Does this look familiar?
That worked, you are the man!

knuckleheads

Post by knuckleheads » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:23 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:These are both live now.
Thanks Greg. Really got the lead out once Deadheadz solved the problem. :lol:

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:34 am

Really dude? Had to throw one more jab at Greg when the problem was fixed? I mean come on, he just got done with live events in 3 cities, as well as online, and then had to travel home to his family, take a breath, get with a company that is contracted to run baseball. Doesn't happen within minutes man. I'm all fine that you want everything right now, but the last jab at Greg was really uncalled for. But if it makes you feel better, I guess...

knuckleheads

Post by knuckleheads » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:31 am

Doctor Who wrote:Really dude? Had to throw one more jab at Greg when the problem was fixed? I mean come on, he just got done with live events in 3 cities, as well as online, and then had to travel home to his family, take a breath, get with a company that is contracted to run baseball. Doesn't happen within minutes man. I'm all fine that you want everything right now, but the last jab at Greg was really uncalled for. But if it makes you feel better, I guess...
Well no, it didn't make me feel better, but I did think it was necessary. What do you guys think, Greg is made out of cupcakes or something? He can handle a little public criticism. There is nothing I posted on this thread publicly that I didn't give G&T a shot at privately first.

I've paid thousands of dollars and some guys pay tens-of-thousands of dollars to play this game. I think it's perfectly reasonable at that price to expect to be able to look at the results of drafts a soon as everybody is done drafting.

I keep hearing the criticism that it hurts nothing to wait a few days.(It's almost always a failing proposition to make judgments on what is important to others.) My prep for next year's Main Event starts the day I get the results of all the drafts. Reviewing all the drafts is also the thing I enjoy most in this contest, aside from the actual drafts. I prefer to do that before stats start rolling in and influencing my analysis.

Here's the analogy, say you go to the Apple store, buy a $1600 computer and the guy says, "okay, everything's good, we'll get you the computer sometime this week. Our computer system isn't processing the orders properly right now. We've got the computer, we just can't figure out how to get it to you." You good with that?

And incidentally Mr. Who, your (redacted critical comment) post is what brought on this round of criticism. G&T run the best show here at the NFBC. They are business men and they handle criticism professionally. Not saying they like criticism, not many do, but the open way they conduct business on these boards is admirable and necessary for the players to have the confidence we do in their very unique business model.