NFBC Cutline Championship FAAB Deadline: Monday 10 ET

Greg Ambrosius

NFBC Cutline Championship FAAB Deadline: Monday 10 ET

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:33 am

Just a reminder that the first of two FAAB deadlines in the NFBC Cutline Championship is Monday, April 10th at 10 pm ET. Here are the deadlines for the two FAAB periods:

Monday, April 10, 10 pm ET: FAAB runs and rosters expand from 38 to 40 players
Monday, June 5, 10 pm ET: FAAB runs and rosters expand from 40 to 42 players

You are allowed to add two players this week without cutting anyone, while still cutting other players with new pickups. There is no limit on how many pickups you can make as long as you don't spend more than $1,000 over the two FAAB periods. When picking up two new players, just leave the Player Cut field blank. The system will know that you can legally make those two moves. Hope this helps.

Okay, here's the text from the Rules page to bring you up to speed on this unique FAAB period. Good luck all.

3. Drafts and Free Agents
Each league will consist of 10 teams participating in a 38-round draft. Rosters will expand to 42 players per team through only TWO FAAB periods during the course of the season.

Each team will have a free agent acquisition budget of $1000, but there will be only two free agent periods during the regular season and none during the championship playoff. Free agency will run on the following nights:

FAAB 1: Monday, April 10 (expands rosters to 40 players)

FAAB 2: Monday, June 5 (expands rosters to 42 players)

The first free agent period will be during Week 2, followed by the last and only other FAAB period on June 5. Players will be allowed to pick up as many free agents each time as they’d like, with 2 pickups being allowed without cutting a player during both periods. If an owner picks up less than 2 players during the first FAAB period, they have the right to expand to the roster limit in the final FAAB period. At no time can any team have more than the required number of players allowed on its roster.

Any player who is not on a team roster within your league and is on a major league roster or once was on an NFBC team in your league is considered a free agent for that league. Even players on the MLB disabled list are eligible to be picked up during the FAAB bidding process. The player pool is deemed closed of new free agents each Sunday of the weekly FAAB deadline at 7 AM ET and a player must have played at least 1 MLB game to be added to the pool at that time. Once a minor-leaguer plays his first game in the majors, he remains in every NFBC FAAB pool whether he returns to the minors or not. Once in the majors, he remains in all FAAB pools. Participants should also note that MLB unsigned veteran free agents at the time of Draft Day are eligible to be picked up or bid on in all NFBC leagues.

Free Agent Bidding Process: The free agent system will be a "blind bidding" process for each individual league. Each team will start with 1,000 free agent "dollars" for the season, and will be permitted to bid for free agents two times per year with a minimum bid of $1 per player. Teams will not be able to see other teams' free agent bids. The team with the highest bid on any given player will be awarded that player. The amount of the winning bid will be deducted from the winning team's free agent dollars. JUST FOR THE NFBC CUTLINE: Owners will be allowed to add 2 free agents without cutting a player during each of the two FAAB periods, and can add additional pickups by cutting players on their current roster. If a team's free agent dollars go to zero, that team will no longer be allowed to bid for the rest of the season. No bid will be accepted that is larger than a team's available free agent dollars. All bids must be in increments of dollars (no cents). Only winning bids and the runner-up bids on each player will be shown after the FAAB bidding period for each NFBC league.

Bidding Time Frame: The NFBC bidding process starts the week before Opening Day and runs for the first time on Monday, April 10. FAAB will run one more time on Monday, June 5. There are no additional FAAB pickups in the playoffs. Bids will be accepted on the league website from Tuesday at 3 PM ET until the day of the deadline at 10 PM ET in each of those weeks. Rosters will be updated shortly after 10 PM ET on Monday with the results of all successful bids.

First and Last Free Agent Bidding Deadlines: The first free agent bidding deadline is Monday, April 10, at 10 PM ET. The last free agent bidding deadline is on Monday, June 5th at 10 pm ET.

Conditional Bids: Conditional bids can also be offered. In the event you may lose out on a player, you can place conditional bid(s) for other players during the bidding time frame. Subsequent conditional bids will become relevant only if the previous conditional bid fails. Bids do not require conditional bids. Bids may have several sequential conditional bids. Participants should note that the computer takes the HIGHEST BIDS and processes each bid in that order if you have multiple FAAB acquisition bids. ALL BIDS WILL BE PROCESSED IN THE ORDER OF DOLLAR VALUE ASSIGNED TO THOSE FREE AGENTS, highest to lowest.

Example:

Acquire Aaron Judge, $19, cut Jorge Soler
Acquire Brett Phillips, $16, cut Jorge Soler
Acquire Steven Moya, $2, cut Jorge Soler
Number of Bids Limit: There is no limit to the number of bids that may be submitted each week in which bids are permitted.

Tied Bids: If there is a tie bid during the season, the team that receives the player will be determined in order by

Worst league standing at the time FAAB was run (Sunday night using Saturday's standings).
Lowest standing the previous week.
Lowest draft position from Draft Day.
Any tied bids during the first FAAB period will be given to the team with the lowest draft order from Draft Day, whether there were a few games played before then or not.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gates

Re: NFBC Cutline Championship FAAB Deadline: Monday 10 ET

Post by Gates » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:05 am

Stupid question probably but just to make sure, does your 2 bids without a drop need to be your first 2 player bid on? For example I would bid on 3 players, 2 without a drop and 1 with a drop. Do I need to place my 2 without a drop first or any order is good?

Player 1 - No drop
Conditional pick
Conditional pick

Player 2 - No drop
Conditional pick

Player 3 - Dropped player
Conditional pick

Thanks
Gaëtan

Thanks
Gaëtan
Go ahead, make my day...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:10 pm

Gates wrote:Stupid question probably but just to make sure, does your 2 bids without a drop need to be your first 2 player bid on? For example I would bid on 3 players, 2 without a drop and 1 with a drop. Do I need to place my 2 without a drop first or any order is good?

Player 1 - No drop
Conditional pick
Conditional pick

Player 2 - No drop
Conditional pick

Player 3 - Dropped player
Conditional pick

Thanks
Gaëtan

Thanks
Gaëtan
I think you can do it in any order, but maybe a veteran can confirm. Just leave the Drop blank for those two additions.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Catch

Post by Catch » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:30 pm

I believe we had this problem last year. Logging into Cutline FAAB, it reads today @ 10pm (eastern) is the deadline. I (we) know that the deadline is tomorrow. The problem may be that we will be locked out from making our bids overnight and into tomorrow morning.
This page was loaded at 08:26 PM ET, bids lock today at 10:00 PM ET

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:34 pm

Catch wrote:I believe we had this problem last year. Logging into Cutline FAAB, it reads today @ 10pm (eastern) is the deadline. I (we) know that the deadline is tomorrow. The problem may be that we will be locked out from making our bids overnight and into tomorrow morning.
This page was loaded at 08:26 PM ET, bids lock today at 10:00 PM ET
It does say on the Cutline FAAB page that the Deadline is April 10th. However, it says that lineups will lock at 10 ET tonight. We have to lock all rosters on Sunday at 10 pm ET in order to run FAAB for all other leagues. We'll reopen FAAB for the Cutline shortly after all FAAB has run successfully.

Sorry for the confusion. Others have asked me about this too and I just confirmed with STATS that bids will lock while FAAB runs. But the Cutline Deadline is definitely Monday at 10 ET. Hope this helps.

Good luck all tonight with FAAB.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Daren E

Post by Daren E » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:16 pm

It's now 11:15 pm central and Cutline faab is still locked out.
Daren E
NFFC Charter Member
5-Time Live League Champion/Las Vegas

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:14 am

Do players picked up tonight get their stats for the whole week if they played already today before being added to the roster?
If not, are they locked out of scoring for the whole week or just the game when they weren't on the roster?
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:50 am

Deadheadz wrote:.
Do players picked up tonight get their stats for the whole week if they played already today before being added to the roster?
If not, are they locked out of scoring for the whole week or just the game when they weren't on the roster?
Yes they get the full week of stats.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:25 am

im still not able to bid on tonights cutline players. When will it be open?

blazer68

Post by blazer68 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:29 pm

I also can not bid on the free agents in cutline and it is past 4pm

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:33 pm

blazer68 wrote:I also can not bid on the free agents in cutline and it is past 4pm
Are you just using the old style Free Agents link? It works on the new one.
Also you can click on the blue Bid tag on the individual player pages, right above the player photo.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:33 pm

blazer68 wrote:I also can not bid on the free agents in cutline and it is past 4pm
Kenny, I just logged onto all of your Cutline teams and was able to make bids on the Free Agents New page. I'm not seeing any issues. If you're still having trouble email Greg and me and let us know exactly what's happening. But everything looks OK to me.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

blazer68

Post by blazer68 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:37 pm

Yeah boss sorry was me being stupid and using the old free agents sorry for bothering you guys

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:38 pm

its been working since 1 pm est on the new free agent page

BEF

Post by BEF » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:39 pm

Looks like the traditional 'Free Agent' functionality is finally working. The 'Free Agent NEW' worked starting this morning. Not a great job by NFBC/Stats updating us as to why it wasn't working or when it would be fixed. But everything appears to be good now.
"There is but one game and that game is baseball." – John McGraw

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:41 pm

BEF wrote:Looks like the traditional 'Free Agent' functionality is finally working. The 'Free Agent NEW' worked starting this morning. Not a great job by NFBC/Stats updating us as to why it wasn't working or when it would be fixed. But everything appears to be good now.
Everyone should be using the "New" free agent page. As far as I know it's been working since earlier this afternoon at the latest and has been working fine since free agency began so I'm not aware of any issues. If people are having issues on the New page please contact us so we can alert STATS to the issue. Thanks.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:42 pm

It's some kind of code issue

When you load the old style Free Agents it has no bid links but all you have to do is click the Submit button and the Place Bid link will suddenly appear next to each name.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:46 pm

When you load the old style Free Agents it has no bid links but all you have to do is click the Submit button and the Place Bid link will suddenly appear next to each name.
STATS told us they were no longer going to update the old free agent page. At some point they said they were going to remove it although I'm not sure if that will occur at this point. That's why people should be using the New page. That's the page that has been updated and will be updated should any new features be added.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:16 pm

Waaaaayyyyy better with the 2-round expansion instead of 5. Still a job with a lot of teams, but manageable. :)

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:09 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:

STATS told us they were no longer going to update the old free agent page. At some point they said they were going to remove it although I'm not sure if that will occur at this point. That's why people should be using the New page. That's the page that has been updated and will be updated should any new features be added.
Is this the way to teach old dogs to learn new tricks?