League Question

allstarme

League Question

Post by allstarme » Wed May 03, 2017 8:30 am

I've been playing in the draft champions league's for the last 5 years or so. Here's my question. I love the flexibility of the slow draft but still want the ability to make moves during the year. Does this exist? If not, I wonder if this is something that others would also prefer.

Bjs2025

Re: League Question

Post by Bjs2025 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:07 am

allstarme wrote:I've been playing in the draft champions league's for the last 5 years or so. Here's my question. I love the flexibility of the slow draft but still want the ability to make moves during the year. Does this exist? If not, I wonder if this is something that others would also prefer.
I feel the exact same way, for 2018 I would love for the Nfbc to offer its satellite contests at least with the he ability to slow draft. I wouldn't think it would be tough to do but I don't know the demand for it. Count me as one who would love it,

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Wed May 03, 2017 10:16 am

I think it would be great for private leagues, even big money ones(Super), but i think it would be a bad idea for the Main Event and would take away the integrity of that event specifically.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 03, 2017 10:38 am

Bjs2025 wrote:
allstarme wrote:I've been playing in the draft champions league's for the last 5 years or so. Here's my question. I love the flexibility of the slow draft but still want the ability to make moves during the year. Does this exist? If not, I wonder if this is something that others would also prefer.
I feel the exact same way, for 2018 I would love for the Nfbc to offer its satellite contests at least with the he ability to slow draft. I wouldn't think it would be tough to do but I don't know the demand for it. Count me as one who would love it,
With all the complaining we hear on slow drafts, no we haven't tried to marry slow drafts and Satellite Leagues. I'm not saying it's something we couldn't do in the future, but it's not on my radar at this point.

That being said, we do hope to improve the slow draft software and to expand our Draft Champions format with NFBC 25's and 50's next year. Those will be private DCs at $25 and $50 per team paying only the top 2 finishers in each league. They may be 12-team formats with fewer rounds. We will first introduce those in football and then expand to the other sports, but yes we do feel there is a bigger market for us in slow drafts especially if we perfect the software and we are ready to enter it.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

allstarme

Post by allstarme » Wed May 03, 2017 11:01 am

Thanks for the response Greg. I was just curious if it had ever been discussed. Love all the work you guys do.