We Are Adding NFFC $25's & $50's This Football Season

Greg Ambrosius

We Are Adding NFFC $25's & $50's This Football Season

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu May 04, 2017 9:07 am

Yesterday I mentioned on the boards that we are so committed to the Draft Champions format that we are expanding it in football this year with affordable $25 and $50 leagues. These will include the 8-hour format for this 12-team, 30-round contest, but we'll also have Express Leagues at 1 minute per pick every single night of the week. We will offer $25 Express Leagues at 8 and 10 pm ET and $50 Express Leagues at 9 pm ET every night.

The goal is to make the NFFC site the destination for folks who want to draft whenever they want. Whether that be in slow drafts or in nightly quick drafts, we will be that destination for die-hard fantasy players. And we truly believe that these lower-priced draft 'n hold leagues will bring a lot of new users to our site and be a good way to introduce them to our other contests.

These are all just private leagues where we pay just first place and second place. First place will earn $200 or $400, while second place earns $50 in the $25 leagues and $100 in the $50 leagues. For football, there is absolutely nothing you have to do after Draft Day as these are optimal scoring leagues through 16 weeks. The team with the most points after Week 16 wins the league prize. Easy as that.

We don't have a true draft 'n hold league for baseball that scores points for all 26 weeks. It's certainly something we could consider but the Cutline is as close to that as we come. We do have a scoring format that would allow this and thus NFBC $25's and $50's will definitely be considered.

Anyway, check out the thread where we announce our new football contest and please provide feedback on this for baseball. I have some ideas, but I'm always looking for new ideas to grow our unique community of baseball die-hards. Thanks all.

http://nffcforums.stats.com/viewtopic.p ... 31#p214231
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius