Antony Rizzo at MI?

SharkChum

Antony Rizzo at MI?

Post by SharkChum » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:12 am

No wonder I can't catch this team. WTF?

cfolson

Re: Antony Rizzo at MI?

Post by cfolson » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:51 am

According to official statistics, Rizzo has 10 games at 2B. It is due to a scoring quirk, but it is nevertheless true.

SharkChum

Post by SharkChum » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:34 am

That's bull****. Based on where he's positioned during the shift? He should have to be in the lineup as 2B.
LH dude qualifying like that at MI is beyond stupid.

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:14 pm

SharkChum wrote:That's bull****. Based on where he's positioned during the shift? He should have to be in the lineup as 2B.
LH dude qualifying like that at MI is beyond stupid.
It's not the shift, but that he switches gloves (per MLB rule) in the shift.

The logical rule change for future seasons is having eligibility determined by games started, not games played.
2019 Mastersball Platinum

5 of the past 6 NFBC champions subscribe to Mastersball

over 1300 projections and 500 player profiles
Standings and Roster Tracker perfect for DC and cutline leagues

Subscribe HERE

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:10 pm

For future seasons, I believe that we should have a 'Rizzo Rule' in that a player cannot gain positionality at a position not played.
Rizzo only changes gloves.
He does not 'play 2nd base'.
The Rizzo rule would cover all-like 1b in the future, without having to change the rule to starting at a position to gain eligibility.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:22 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:For future seasons, I believe that we should have a 'Rizzo Rule' in that a player cannot gain positionality at a position not played.
The Rizzo rule would cover all-like 1b in the future, without having to change the rule to starting at a position to gain eligibility.
Personally, I think it should be started and not played regardless of Rizzo.

Having an exception of this manner would require manual handling. Not saying it couldn't be arranged, just saying less chance of mistakes if everything is pulled and programmed from automated stat feeds.
2019 Mastersball Platinum

5 of the past 6 NFBC champions subscribe to Mastersball

over 1300 projections and 500 player profiles
Standings and Roster Tracker perfect for DC and cutline leagues

Subscribe HERE

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:33 pm

ToddZ wrote:
DOUGHBOYS wrote:For future seasons, I believe that we should have a 'Rizzo Rule' in that a player cannot gain positionality at a position not played.
Personally, I think it should be started and not played regardless of Rizzo.

Having an exception of this manner would require manual handling. Not saying it couldn't be arranged, just saying less chance of mistakes if everything is pulled and programmed from automated stat feeds.
I understand the technology side of things.
It doesn't seem right to undercut all players who switch positions or get into a game off the bench because of Anthony Rizzo.
On my tombstone-

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:42 pm

I don't see a "Rizzo Rule" coming to the NFBC, but feel free to petition Major League Baseball to be more accurate with the position designations. What they are doing now is just silly. If he got to 20 games played there, then we might have to make an Executive Decision for 2018. ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:53 pm

The only player that can where a 1B glove is the first baseman.
Managers tried to annoy Maddon by getting 'rulesy' and making the closest player to 1B where the glove.
1B designation had to fall to the player wearing the glove.
It'd be nice if MLB announced that Rizzo is still the 1B and can where his glove, even if the 2B is closer to the base.
Last edited by DOUGHBOYS on Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On my tombstone-

SharkChum

Post by SharkChum » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:33 pm

It's a STATS glitch. Defense has never factored into any legit Roto format. He should have to be in the lineup at that position. Good for Rizzo owners down the stretch. Silly...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:12 pm

SharkChum wrote:It's a STATS glitch. Defense has never factored into any legit Roto format. He should have to be in the lineup at that position. Good for Rizzo owners down the stretch. Silly...
This is NOT a STATS glitch.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

SharkChum

Post by SharkChum » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:46 pm

Greg, where a guy plays on D for a given AB, or 10, or what glove he's wearing should NOT factor in a game with 10 offensive cats.
The dog I have in this fight is a small 1, but how can you not recognize the rub here for teams chasing big $?
I love this format, but Rizzo at MI/2B is just wrong. Should have to be in the lineup for the position eligibility.

Catch

Post by Catch » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:40 pm

in regards to league 4965, LoanSharx has no impact in the league with Anthony Rizzo playing middle infield. He has enough multi position players whereby Rizzo is a 1bman, Matt Olson moves to the OF and Jose Ramirez moves to middle infield.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:32 pm

:cry:
SharkChum wrote:Greg, where a guy plays on D for a given AB, or 10, or what glove he's wearing should NOT factor in a game with 10 offensive cats.
The dog I have in this fight is a small 1, but how can you not recognize the rub here for teams chasing big $?
I love this format, but Rizzo at MI/2B is just wrong. Should have to be in the lineup for the position eligibility.
Talk to Major League Baseball about that. We take official stats from MLB, like every other game operator in the industry.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:08 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote::cry:
SharkChum wrote:Greg, where a guy plays on D for a given AB, or 10, or what glove he's wearing should NOT factor in a game with 10 offensive cats.
Talk to Major League Baseball about that. We take official stats from MLB, like every other game operator in the industry.
I agree. We either live by MLB rules or we do not. It's an anomaly for sure but it just seems like a reason for people to complain so they have a reason to de-legitimize another team's success.

Get over it.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

SharkChum

Post by SharkChum » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:06 am

Not trying to de-legitimize anything. Success will be determined in about 11 more days as his huge lead has been closed to .5, and he's on the ropes. Rules are rules, same for everyone, over it. It was just that when I noticed that "anomaly" I almost choked on my coffee.

SharkChum

Post by SharkChum » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:26 am

Deadheadz, 11 days did indeed determine success. Remind me to move Rizzo up a few spots next year, though... :o