Claim Your 2017 NFBC Prizes NOW!!

captain_oblivious

Re: Claim Your 2017 NFBC Prizes NOW!!

Post by captain_oblivious » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:25 pm

Hi guys,

Maybe Rob can speak to this as well, but it seems the W8 form for Canadians just needs us to input our Social Insurance numbers. My prize claims seem to have gone through with no problems, hopefully, that did the trick.

Rian

Gates

Post by Gates » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:45 pm

Greg,
I must have multiple accounts as I have 0$ in the one I opened. It seems that I will need assistance.

Gaëtan
Go ahead, make my day...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:58 pm

Gates wrote:Greg,
I must have multiple accounts as I have 0$ in the one I opened. It seems that I will need assistance.

Gaëtan
Gaetan, it says $0 until you claim your prizes. There is a down arrow next to the $0. Click there and pull down to Claim Prize. Then click the blue buttons for all the leagues you won money in. Then go to the down arrow again and click on Withdraw Funds. Tell us how much you want and you are done.

Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gates

Post by Gates » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:47 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Gates wrote:Greg,

Gaëtan
Gaetan, it says $0 until you claim your prizes. There is a down arrow next to the $0. Click there and pull down to Claim Prize. Then click the blue buttons for all the leagues you won money in. Then go to the down arrow again and click on Withdraw Funds. Tell us how much you want and you are done.

Thanks.
I did all this but it did not work. When I click on the blue button, nothing happens.

Tried again from the iPad and it still did not work. Tried from iPhone and I think it worked...issues with iPad?

Gaëtan
Go ahead, make my day...

TParsons

Post by TParsons » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:18 pm

What is the ETA now for getting checks out and how will it be handled going forward? Will you start sending checks out tomorrow for those that have claimed their winnings, or are you waiting for everybody/nearly everybody to claim their winnings, and then processing as one big batch?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:48 am

Okay, great job yesterday everyone. We have over $2.2 million in claimed prizes right now, but we still have 400+ owners who haven't claimed their prizes yet. We will give it through today and then I'll personally email everyone who hasn't claimed prizes yete with the directions. We want these prizes claimed and sent out so that you can enjoy your winnings.

We will start cutting checks tomorrow and get these in the mail this week. We will include everyone who claims their prizes yet today in that first mailing. Thanks all and thanks to the SportsHub IT team for making this a seamless process.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:27 am

Here's one thing I'm learning about our NFBC members: Many of you are still using Internet Explorer 7 as your browser. There have been so many updates to IE that most new software doesn't work on IE7, including ours. The STATS software was similar.

It's TIME TO UPGRADE FOLKS!! Trust me, everything you do will be much, much faster if you just download Firefox or Google Chrome NOW!! Either upgrade Internet Explorer or use a different browser and your online experience will be much, much better, I promise.

That has probably been the No. 1 issue in claiming prizes so far. And IE7 could be a problem with the new draft and in-season software going forward, so I'm asking everyone to upgrade what they are using.

Good job yesterday everyone. I think we had another 200 or so owners claim prizes. We are getting closer to having everyone claiming their prizes, confirming their mailing address and getting checks soon. And many of you have left money on your account for future purchases. We like that as NFBC Draft Season is right around the corner. Thanks all and congrats.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

benjamincarm

Post by benjamincarm » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:39 am

I have Mircrosoft Edge as my explorer and it wouldn't let me claim my prize. I'm also at work, so assumed maybe it was a firewall. But it was very easy on my phone (iPhone) to claim it and then when I logged back on my computer, it was all there.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:32 am

Okay, a huge THANKS to the IT Department and to the Accounting Department as checks were mailed out this morning to many of you. Several people kept money on account, but I know that more than $2.1 million in checks went out this morning from the Fanball offices. Look for those checks shortly...depending on the U.S. Postal Service, that is.

Enjoy and great job everyone. That's a quick turnaround.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

COZ

Post by COZ » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:25 am

Now that nearly everyone has personally confirmed that they have successfully logged in under their correct user name & password & "claimed" their prizes by simply clicking on a few buttons, mailbox watch can now commence. Please be sure to announce to everyone on the MB's that you were a "winner,".... I mean when you officially receive your checks in the mailbox. It will not, however, be necessary to announce when you deposited the check & that it in fact did clear. Thanks all & CONGRATS!
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:02 pm

COZ wrote:Now that nearly everyone has personally confirmed that they have successfully logged in under their correct user name & password & "claimed" their prizes by simply clicking on a few buttons, mailbox watch can now commence. Please be sure to announce to everyone on the MB's that you were a "winner,".... I mean when you officially receive your checks in the mailbox. It will not, however, be necessary to announce when you deposited the check & that it in fact did clear. Thanks all & CONGRATS!
Nah all of us here are too humble.
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

RokayRaggie

Post by RokayRaggie » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:19 am

Hi Greg,

My account is not linked properly, I guess... I have logged off and then back on and the password is correct for the account I am using. I hit claim prize and it hasn't claimed bubkus... Sorry and thanks for any assistance you can give.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:28 pm

RokayRaggie wrote:Hi Greg,

My account is not linked properly, I guess... I have logged off and then back on and the password is correct for the account I am using. I hit claim prize and it hasn't claimed bubkus... Sorry and thanks for any assistance you can give.
Email me at [email protected] and we'll get you rolling toward the bank. If you have a CDM account maybe the combined account is under that email and password. But let me know who you are and we'll get you set up.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:41 am

Don't let Coz scare you before Halloween!! I'm always happy to hear when you've received your winnings. Glad to hear they started landing on Thursday of this week. Enjoy all and remember to spend some on your loved ones. After all, they put up with you during this marathon season and deserve to be rewarded as well!! :D Enjoy.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

COZ

Post by COZ » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:04 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Don't let Coz scare you before Halloween!! I'm always happy to hear when you've received your winnings. Glad to hear they started landing on Thursday of this week. Enjoy all and remember to spend some on your loved ones. After all, they put up with you during this marathon season and deserve to be rewarded as well!! :D Enjoy.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

To be fair, I "encouraged" people to post when they got their checks. Greg, I have not received my check yet. Oh, wait, that's right I didn't win shit because I suck. If COZ ain't happy, COZ don't want others to be happy. ;)

COZ: Dressed as the NFBC Message Board Bully
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:20 pm

I got mine Saturday...or rather, my wife got my check Saturday... ;)
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:35 pm

Edwards Kings wrote:I got mine Saturday...or rather, my wife got my check Saturday... ;)
That means she's letting you go to Las Vegas for a 15th straight season!1 Woo-hoo!! :lol:

Nice photo Coz. I love it. Wish I could hand a big check to that Message Board Bully. Maybe in December for football, right?
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius