Managers

Edwards Kings

Managers

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:05 am

Farrell, Baker, now Girardi...what the hell?
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Wolfpac

Re: Managers

Post by Wolfpac » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:08 am

I don't get it, the grass is not always greener...

Donnie Baseball

Post by Donnie Baseball » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:12 pm

And I thought Girardi was a candidate for Manager of the Year getting the Yankees to the ALCS. Hum...

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:10 pm

Donnie Baseball wrote:And I thought Girardi was a candidate for Manager of the Year getting the Yankees to the ALCS. Hum...
A buddy of mine who is a big Yankees fan said he was never impressed with Girardi and that the problem is he is not good at developing younger players. He, according to my friend, is not a player coach.

So, in short, he was fired because he did not put mints on their pillows and kiss their little foreheads goodnight when he tucked them in....
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:12 pm

Edwards Kings wrote:
Donnie Baseball wrote:And I thought Girardi was a candidate for Manager of the Year getting the Yankees to the ALCS. Hum...
A buddy of mine who is a big Yankees fan said he was never impressed with Girardi and that the problem is he is not good at developing younger players. He, according to my friend, is not a player coach.

So, in short, he was fired because he did not put mints on their pillows and kiss their little foreheads goodnight when he tucked them in....
Anyone who saw Aaron Judge in the Arizona Fall League a few years ago or saw him in September 2016 would say that SOMEONE at the big league level did an incredible job coaching him up and other youngsters. Severino took a big jump up. Starlin Castro wasn't the Starlin Castro that the Cubs traded a couple of years ago. Someone on that staff did a damn good job. But in New York, that's never enough. We'll see if they made the right move.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius