Draft Champions?

Southern Comfort

Draft Champions?

Post by Southern Comfort » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:18 am

Good morning, thx Tom for fixing that Registration issue.

First of all thx for all you guys do, you have hands down THE BEST fantasy site on planet earth. I'll dare say me and my dad have become closer after wrapping up our 2nd year together on NFBC, even won four figure $$ this year as an added bonus.

Any idea when the first DC Leagues will open. They are a great way of getting me ready for 18's fantasy baseball season. I'm ready to sign up the minute you announce

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Draft Champions?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:24 pm

Southern Comfort wrote:Good morning, thx Tom for fixing that Registration issue.

First of all thx for all you guys do, you have hands down THE BEST fantasy site on planet earth. I'll dare say me and my dad have become closer after wrapping up our 2nd year together on NFBC, even won four figure $$ this year as an added bonus.

Any idea when the first DC Leagues will open. They are a great way of getting me ready for 18's fantasy baseball season. I'm ready to sign up the minute you announce
Thanks and great to hear that you and your dad are managing teams together. That's VERY COOL. Awesome.

We just did a test draft this morning and we're getting closer to the start of 2018. We still have a lot of work to do, so hopefully we launch the week of Thanksgiving. That's not definite, but hopefully in three weeks we'll all be drafting on the new platform. We're definitely getting closer.

A few others have mentioned that they want to be in the first DC drafts. I may start a thread for that shortly. Stay tuned and stay ready in the bullpen. Baseball is almost here.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

2COR5:17

Post by 2COR5:17 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:41 pm

Greg and Tom-Thanks for walking me through the registration.
I am also wanting to get on the list for that 1st Draft Champions, under Tahoe Willie

tema213

Post by tema213 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:50 pm

Count me in as well!
-Todd Macey

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:14 pm

tema213 wrote:Count me in as well!
-Todd Macey
Bill McRae
Steve Clarke
Todd Macey
James Wilson
Michael DeCavalcante
David Miller
Jon Stadtmueller
Gregg Doyle
Robert Dlogizama
Marty Rancilio
Martin Lowy
Mario Malgeri

It looks like I need to start a separate thread for the first NFBC $150 Draft Champions league. Oh, wait, I just did above!! 8-) New thread coming soon, but post here if you want to be among the first to draft this season. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Southern Comfort

Post by Southern Comfort » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:37 pm

I told ya! Lol. Those first couple of DC Leagues....Before ADP's, projections, podcasts. Those are the ones where you can do either VERY good or VERY bad.

Don't forget about me on that list, another couple of DC wins and I can take my dad to Vegas for vacation/live draft lol.
James Wilson

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:53 pm

Put me down for league #1, thanks Greg!

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:39 pm

Southern Comfort wrote:I told ya! Lol. Those first couple of DC Leagues....Before ADP's, projections, podcasts. Those are
I know a site that has 2018 projections already available.
2019 Mastersball Platinum

5 of the past 6 NFBC champions subscribe to Mastersball

over 1300 projections and 500 player profiles
Standings and Roster Tracker perfect for DC and cutline leagues

Subscribe HERE

Millertime

Post by Millertime » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:40 am

Put me down on that 1st draft list please

David Miller

Texas Connection

Post by Texas Connection » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:22 pm

I'll take a spot. Jon

2COR5:17

Post by 2COR5:17 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:33 pm

Cool to see so many guys already chomping at the bit for that first draft. Time to get busy.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:41 pm

Would love to see year round drafting one day.
At the least, open from the regular season's end through to the next April.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Southern Comfort

Post by Southern Comfort » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:20 pm

Could prolly set up the daily drafts on the new site. The new weekly' on NFFC are pretty cool. Of course baseball is far more frequent but can be done

fwicker

Post by fwicker » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:35 pm

Count me in too please.
"You can observe a lot by watching" - Yogi Berra

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:43 pm

Southern Comfort wrote:Could prolly set up the daily drafts on the new site. The new weekly' on NFFC are pretty cool. Of course baseball is far more frequent but can be done
Oh, it's coming for baseball, it's coming!!! Baseball drafts won't end after Opening Day going forward, I promise!!
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

TakestheCake

Post by TakestheCake » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:24 pm

I will be in too. Brian

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:42 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Southern Comfort wrote:Could prolly set up the daily drafts on the new site. The new weekly' on NFFC are pretty cool. Of course baseball is far more frequent but can be done
Oh, it's coming for baseball, it's coming!!! Baseball drafts won't end after Opening Day going forward, I promise!!
Not what I was referring to, but all good....
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:30 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:Would love to see year round drafting one day.
At the least, open from the regular season's end through to the next April.
We hear ya Dan and we agree. We'd love to have more time for season-long drafts. Our goal going forward is to have the draft site ready for pay drafts at the end of the World Series. I hope people realize there is a time period needed to roll over the site for the next year, get position eligibility finalized, minor-leaguers added to the player pool, Registration locked in and more, but each year we'd like to decrease that startup time and allow for more drafting time. We are currently setting up the new web site so that fewer and fewer changes are needed each year in launching the next season's site. We're with ya: We want more drafts in November as well and we're working to make that happen.

And we're also working on something that could add more auctions to the site, too. Stay tuned. I like the progress there. ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:01 am

ToddZ wrote:
Southern Comfort wrote:I told ya! Lol. Those first couple of DC Leagues....Before ADP's, projections, podcasts. Those are
I know a site that has 2018 projections already available.
If you offered just the projections for $10 I’d buy them.

nickboyd33

Post by nickboyd33 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:15 pm

I am very interested in being in one of the first leagues. Maybe not the first (due to getting enough time to prepare with my brother), but i'd like to be in one of the first 2-3 drafts. Thank you.

papa's nine

Post by papa's nine » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:33 pm

will the first draft be 4 hours, 8 hours or fast draft?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:17 am

papa's nine wrote:will the first draft be 4 hours, 8 hours or fast draft?
8 hours. We will have 4 hour drafts this year with a Pause overnight between 1 am ET and 9 am ET. You will still be able to make picks during that time but the clock will pause during that time and pick up where it stopped at 1 am. Hope that makes the 4 hour DCs more appealing this year.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:17 am

If you offer an 8-hour the 4-hour will continue to suffer because there will be more novices in the 8-hours, thus the hardcore guys will play the 8's solely to avoid the toughest top-to-bottom leagues. I'd like to see a uniform offering for the national contest rather than the unbalanced leagues that this creates. Four hrs with a pause should be standard.

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:11 am

KJ Duke wrote:If you offer an 8-hour the 4-hour will continue to suffer because there will be more novices in the 8-hours, thus the hardcore guys will play the 8's solely to avoid the toughest top-to-bottom leagues. I'd like to see a uniform offering for the national contest rather than the unbalanced leagues that this creates. Four hrs with a pause should be standard.
I also thought that with the overnight pause, the 4-hour format would become the standard format this year. In this day and age, with desktops, laptops, tablets, smart phones, e-mail (and text?) alerts, etc., the 4-hour format should work for most, particularly with the overnight pause. In the past, it was marketed as the exception, not the norm, and I thought that was changing now that the NFBC has the capability to pause the clock overnight. No objections here if 8-hour drafts still are offered for those that prefer a slower pace and/or are frequently unavailable during daytime hours, but I hope that the 4-hour format will be the standard one offered, thereby ensuring that most folks migrate to it (which, in turn, hopefully will reduce the number of "slow draft" related complaints, arguments, "do not draft with" threads, etc.)

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Southern Comfort

Post by Southern Comfort » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:19 pm

4-hours with an overnight pause sounds good to me also. Although I will not lie, there have been times where I needed the 8-hours. I'm in the military so not always near my technology. Usually in most of the D.C drafts I've been in, 75% of the owners have their picks in within the first hour, with an informal overnight pause occurring naturally (although I'm sure you guys have woken up to being on the clock like me lol).

The biggest thing to me that makes the 8-hours rough is that one owner (there's always one, maybe....gasp....two) that times out every pick. I'm less likely to care about it in November than say March, DC Drafts in Nov-Jan are kinda my preparation tool. I do feel it should universal however, I thought last year we did 8-hours up until Feb-March then sliced it down to 4 to get more drafts in?