A Tale of 2 Different Drafts

Texas Connection

A Tale of 2 Different Drafts

Post by Texas Connection » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:10 am

I am currently in 2 drafts. One that started on November 17th, and we are in the 20th day of that draft. The other started this past Sunday, December 3rd, and it is the 4th day of that draft. The crazy thing is we are in the 43rd round of both drafts. I am sure we will finish the Dec. 3 draft sometime this afternoon. What's the difference? You already guessed it by now. The 2nd one is an MTM draft. Kudos to Mikey for making sure we all keep moving. I guess the ADPS should be coming soon if they are not already up.

coachmo

Re: A Tale of 2 Different Drafts

Post by coachmo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:23 pm

Mike runs a good show, I did one last year & hope to do another sooner than later.

Baseball Furies

Re: A Tale of 2 Different Drafts

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:11 pm

Texas Connection wrote:I am currently in 2 drafts. One that started on November 17th, and we are in the 20th day of that draft. The other started this past Sunday, December 3rd, and it is the 4th day of that draft. The crazy thing is we are in the 43rd round of both drafts. I am sure we will finish the Dec. 3 draft sometime this afternoon. What's the difference? You already guessed it by now. The 2nd one is an MTM draft. Kudos to Mikey for making sure we all keep moving. I guess the ADPS should be coming soon if they are not already up.
Thanks Jon. These are always a pleasure to do when everyone is on board with the format. Nothing like it, and I'm sure even the new guy we broke into this format would say the same. The future is now and we live in a fast-paced, instant gratification, mobile, and tech savvy society. The faster this format goes, the better and more enjoyable it is for everyone. And on a business side note,
these drafts should have a 10 day cap max. Five rounds a a day even at two hours a round is completely doable even with occasional hiccup or delay, and with a platform that has all the features that are needed to support this. Email alerts, text alerts, a multiple round auto feature, a highly responsive level mobile functionality on all devices (i.e. a scrollable queue, etc. This should be the norm. And guess what? Faster DC's mean more drafts and more revenue generated for the NFBC! :shock:
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry