NEW FOR 2018: The MTM Platinum Plus Vegas Competition, Baby!

Baseball Furies

NEW FOR 2018: The MTM Platinum Plus Vegas Competition, Baby!

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:58 am

That's right! This new MTM NFBC Live Event incarnation is so off the hook and HUGE, I just had to premiere it here in the largest font possible! :mrgreen: And also because no matter what anyone says, SIZE DOES MATTER! Sorry Greg and Tom. :P :oops: So just what is the MTM Platinum Plus Event? Well, I'm gonna fuckin' tell ya, because I didn't stay up this late to be out crime fighting all night as per usual, only to return home to my secret, mountaintop aerie just to turn in for the evening/morning now did I? I mean a guy needs to decompress after that kinda of shit, right? So tonight, it just hit me as I was pulling infant triplets and a litter of chocolate lab puppies from the wreckage of a burning tanker truck (yes, I was asking myself the same question...why oh why wouldn't you use the parking break if you're going to leave your infant triplets and all of your puppies in your tanker truck after parking it on that steep of a gradient? And you thought the shit I deal with from Greg is rough?! Ha! How do you think I have developed such a thick skin after all these years? But I digress.). Okay where was I?

Yes, THE MTM LIVE VEGAS PLATINUM PLUS EVENT, Saturday night, March 24th, at 8:00 P.M. PST in the prestigious Bellagio Hotel. It's only fitting that the best hotel venue that Las Vegas has to offer, host the biggest, badass, mother of all fantasy baseball contests that the NFBC has ever offered. So while the conservative rank amateurs are over at the Aria doing their inferior little NFBC Platinum draft, me and everyone else with the cojones to join me will be drafting in this absolutely over-the-top mega fantasy baseball competition of all time! How about a $200,000 league championship prize with a 99% payout?! Media coverage? How about MLB Network, ESPN, the Fantasy Sports Network, and of course Sirius XM covering all 30 rounds of this baby in all of its cutthroat splendor?! Pre-game? In-game? Post-game? Why not? Celebrity draft facilitators? Definitely. Iron Balls KDS/FAAB bidding for draft positions. Absolutely. You'll love the new hybrid idea. 8-) Door prizes for all league entrants? Without a doubt. Celebrity, high-roller treatment for all participants including Bellagio limo service? A must. After party in a Penthouse Suite with the best food and drink that the Bellagio catering service has to offer. A no-brainer...and of course all NFBC player/spectators are welcome to attend on a first come, first served basis. And no contest like this would be complete without the hardware to enhance the bragging rights for winning the biggest, season-long fantasy baseball contest IN INDUSTRY HISTORY! So expect a custom designed trophy and belt like no other! 8-)

Anyone getting a little moist yet? Yeah, one-of-a-kind events like this can have that kind of effect on you, especially one hatched from the ingenious and twisted mind of yours truly! :twisted: So who is game for this historic event? I saw that there is already a waiting list of alternates for the now junior version of this event over at the Aria, but no more! Throw your name into the ring on this thread if you're interested in this one so we can get it going and let the hype machine begin! 8-) 8-) 8-)

*The preceding is all contingent on getting Greg and Sportshub's approval which will hopefully be today when I finally speak with Greg who has been dodging me for weeks. But if you don't ever hear from me ever again, you can just assume what happened.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

la Jolla

Re: NEW FOR 2018: The MTM Platinum Plus Vegas Competition, B

Post by la Jolla » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:49 am

If the small print gets hashed out, I am contestant number 1!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:44 am

I really shouldn't have to respond to this, but I will anyway.

We allow EVERYONE to post on our public Message Boards because we believe there's enough respect and common sense for you to do the right thing. Sometimes folks get a little out of hand with their posts and we intervene, but for the most part WE TRUST YOU to do the right thing.

Touting a competing event on our boards without first discussing with us is something only one other person I know would do. It's not the right thing to do. This isn't cool. It also jeopardizes us when you talk about paying 99 percent when the first two people are New York residents and we're paying 15.5% taxes on net prizes (well, one of you would have to win first, but that's another story). Scott, of all people, should understand that.

Anyway, we're all for growing the contests and we love creating new contests through the innovative ideas of our customers, but if you want to undercut our existing events and pitch a tent outside to attract our customers then do it on your own. Pay the licensing fees, pay the taxes, pay the programmer costs, buy the space and get it done. But nobody smart enough would announce it on our boards.

Nothing surprises me anymore. Nothing. But we have our heads down and continue to improve our current events and continue to do what's best for our customers. If you think this helps without giving two seconds of thought on how it affects our current business -- and you put our NFBC logo on it without discussing -- well, then you're just living outside of reality.

Again, I've said more than I even wanted to and hope to move on. But I'm positive this isn't the last word about this or the last thread or the last anything. We'd love to have a second Platinum or a second Diamond or a second anything in the NFBC, but we'd hope anyone with the ideas to make that work would work with us, not against us. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:03 pm

Okay, I guess some people couldn't read the fine print. I was trying to make a little joke while emphasizing my point of expanding and making the live events that much more exciting with increased attendance and participation. I would never put something like this out on these boards if it was for real without consulting you or anyone else, Greg. So sorry if you took this seriously, but honestly there is some truth in jest. I'm only trying to stir up some more excitement in participation and growing the live events. Looking forward to speaking to you about this if you're interested. The MTM Ultimate in NYC and now Midnight Madness in Vegas (I hope) have become huge hits with your NFBC clientele. I hope that there are more new, innovative, and big things to come. So again, sorry if the joke was missed. I thought so much if it was so ridiculous and over-the-top that you would obviously think it wasn't real and be taken so seriously. But again, if you want to talk seriously about some of my ideas, I would be happy to talk about their feasibility and interest level with you.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry