SOLD OUT: NFBC $1,000 DC Feb. 19th League 2

Greg Ambrosius

Re: 3 Spots Left: NFBC $1,000 DC Feb. 19th League 2

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:03 am

NOW ONLY 3 SPOTS LEFT in the next NFBC $1,000 Draft Champions League that will start on Monday, Feb. 19th at 1 pm ET. This one has a 4-Hour clock and first place in this league will earn $8,000 and be in the running for the $30,000 grand prize. Look for draft picks five days in advance of the start date and set your KDS preferences accordingly. Thanks all and good luck.

Here's the current signup list:

NFBC $1,000 Draft Champions League
Starts Monday, Feb. 19th, 1 pm ET
Max Ogden Invitational League
League 2:

1. Dave Smith
2. David Miller
3. Scott Feschuk
4. RRusty Clark
5. Chris Plouffe
6. Thomas Warner
7. Patrick Schaeffer
8. Howard Vogel
9. Alexander Rotolo
10. Doug Atkins
11. Matt Modica
12. kc cha
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:05 am

This is AWESOME!!!! Keep it going guys!
My response to people trying to change my baseball loyalties.
“Being a Cubs fan is the same as having a life insurance policy… It makes no sense to cancel it early!”
Cubs Fan Since 1987

Attie

Post by Attie » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:23 pm

Funny how as soon as I joined this league, Matt and KC jumped in.............give them credit, they can spot easy money.....

Greg Ambrosius

Re: 1 Spot Left: NFBC $1,000 DC Feb. 19th League 2

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:03 am

NOW ONLY 1 SPOT LEFT in the second NFBC $1,000 Draft Champions League that will start on Monday, Feb. 19th. Draft spots will run five days in advance of the 19th, so set your KDS preferences before then and be ready to draft. Thanks all and best of luck in the hunt for the $8,000 league prize and the $30,000 grand prize.

Here's the current signup list:

Max Ogden Invitational League 2:

1. Dave Smith
2. David Miller
3. Scott Feschuk
4. RRusty Clark
5. Chris Plouffe
6. Thomas Warner
7. Patrick Schaeffer
8. Howard Vogel
9. Alexander Rotolo
10. Doug Atkins
11. Matt Modica
12. kc cha
13. Joshua Rasmusson
14. Clark Olson
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Re: SOLD OUT: NFBC $1,000 DC Feb. 19th League 2

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:36 pm

Our second $1,000 league on Feb. 19 is now SOLD OUT. That gives us a record THREE $1,000 DCs this year. Thanks everyone and good luck. :)

League 2:

1. Dave Smith
2. David Miller
3. Scott Feschuk
4. RRusty Clark
5. Chris Plouffe
6. Thomas Warner
7. Patrick Schaeffer
8. Howard Vogel
9. Alexander Rotolo
10. Doug Atkins
11. Matt Modica
12. kc cha
13. Joshua Rasmusson
14. Clark Olson
15. Gary Chai
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:23 pm

Is there anyway we can Start these Drafts at 8am CST instead of Noon CST on Feb.19th? We are all gonna be chomping at the bit :D
“Being a Cubs fan is the same as having a life insurance policy… It makes no sense to cancel it early!”
Cubs Fan Since 1987

trachtman2

Post by trachtman2 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:45 pm

Is there interest in a third $1,000 DC? I wanted to enter but dropped the ball here.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:53 pm

trachtman2 wrote:Is there interest in a third $1,000 DC? I wanted to enter but dropped the ball here.
We've shut off the Feb. 19th one for now Seth but the regular $1,000 DC remains open.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:19 am

Okay boys, with this baby fast approaching, I just figured I'd put this out there as far in advance as possible to put everyone on notice and as a reminder on how we roll in this one in terms of the daily draft pace and a few other odds and ends. This league is the inaugural incarnation of the concept that Max came up with years ago before he passed away in a tragic kiln explosion. But more on that later. Since inception, the original owners agreed that this one would be a faster DC version of the usual format. So I have taken on facilitating this thing to keep it at a good pace, and as a result at about a minimum of six rounds per day, which by my standards today is slow but acceptable. Now through the years we've had some owners come and go, but I have always worked to "break in" the new guys on how we roll and pretty much I've gotten good compliance. However, there may be a couple of you in this draft who need a gentle reminder that an hour or two on the clock for a pick and timeouts just won't fly in this one. I'm not going to have my personal sanity and stress levels tested every day by the restless natives rising up in revolt given their expectations of how they are used to this one going down... let alone have my enjoyment of this draft be held hostage by one or two owners who simply want to march to the beat of their own drums. So I'm respectfully asking that everyone in this one be ready to rock at the gates on Monday the 19th. We now have a draft room that we can all build a nice healthy queue with a customizable auto feature which can be set for any number of rounds as you'd like. So let's all be respectful and use it as need be to keep things rolling and enjoyable for all.

The chat feature is also great for being in communication and keeping your fellow league mates in the know and up-to-date of any possible delays and for ETA's on your picks if you are going to be away from the draft for any length of time. But again, keep in mind that pretty much everyone in this league expects nothing less than about six rounds a day which is more than fair and easily doable. If you do not want to rely solely on email alerts, I can text anyone who needs a heads up or wants one from time to time, and I'll probably be sending them out anyway to keep things rolling as much I can. As of now, I have the cell numbers for text purposes only, of everyone in this league other than Kraft, Einhorn, and Robinson. So PM or email me with your cell as everyone else has. It would be greatly appreciated and actually required.

That's all for now. Looking forward to this one especially as one of the charter owners in this league and as a past champion as well. 8-) Any questions, comments, concerns, etc. feel free to post them to this thread, and take any deserved abuse for non-compliance and/or non-cooperation. :mrgreen:

1. Daniel Einhorn
2. Jason Kroft
3. Leonard Ringle
4. Michael DeCavalcante
5. Joseph Rodriguez
6. Gregg Doyle
7. Mike Massotto
8. Matt Anderson
9. Christopher Cosley
10. Andy Robinson
11. Steven Spatz
12. Marc Pelmutter
13. Danny Bronski
14. Robert Zidonik
15. Max Ogden

P.S. And Max is not actually dead. He did not die in a kiln explosion. That was from "Animal House" in case you missed it. He is dead money, however, so we can all just consider this a 14 team league. :P :lol: Good luck to all!
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Cotton1

Post by Cotton1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:22 am

Good luck with that....just finished a $1000 DC, took 3 1/2 weeks which isn’t the issue. One guy on your list timed out something like 15 of his last 16 picks. It was great. No auto, no response, nada. Won’t ever play with him again. Have fun!!
rusty
"can i call you rusty?"

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:43 am

Cotton1 wrote:One guy on your list timed out something like 15 of his last 16 picks. It was great. No auto, no response, nada.
Sickening.

Winston's Empire

Post by Winston's Empire » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:06 pm

With MTM in our league, we haven't taken longer than a week I don't believe. He will literally fly to your house and eat your children if you take longer than 5 minutes after he sends you the text.... UP :?
Cubs Fan Since 1987

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:16 am

Gekko wrote:
Cotton1 wrote:One guy on your list timed out something like 15 of his last 16 picks. It was great. No auto, no response, nada.
Sickening.

I know who the guy is quite well, and no fucking way that's happening in this league. EVER! :x
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:17 am

Winston's Empire wrote:With MTM in our league, we haven't taken longer than a week I don't believe. He will literally fly to your house and eat your children if you take longer than 5 minutes after he sends you the text.... UP :?

Awww shucks, thanks for the kind words, Max. :mrgreen: That about summarizes it nicely. ;)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:29 pm

Great job everyone in both NFBC $1,000 Draft Champions Leagues that started today at 1 pm ET. Both leagues are well into the 4th round and cruising. Good to see everyone doing well and having fun. Surprising that the smack talk is at a minimum!! :lol: Keep rolling guys.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Philly High Hopes

Post by Philly High Hopes » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:34 pm

I'm loving the pace of this draft. Such a welcome change from previous years. Even my $1K DC from last year only averaged 2 rounds per day. While perhaps still slow to some, 10-14 days would be the perfect pace IMO.