Auction Satelites???

rickerbockerNFBC

Auction Satelites???

Post by rickerbockerNFBC » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:35 pm

Will auction drafts be available on this site this year? If not, how about using the other site like years past?

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Auction Satelites???

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:53 am

rickerbockerNFBC wrote:Will auction drafts be available on this site this year? If not, how about using the other site like years past?
The plan is for the NFBC to host online auctions this year by early March if not before. We will add Auction Satellite Leagues once that is done.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:13 am

So, more than two months away for an IT group that treats deadlines like suggestions. The first auction last year was December 4th. The last one was the first week of March. I generally like a few practice auctions before I head out to Vegas, but it looks like this is another low priority. I'm about this close to just giving up on the NFBC for this year.

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:15 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
rickerbockerNFBC wrote:Will auction drafts be available on this site this year? If not, how about using the other site like years past?
The plan is for the NFBC to host online auctions this year by early March if not before. We will add Auction Satellite Leagues once that is done.
We were doing the Auction-DC’s in January/February last year. While we are waiting for NFBC to host this, is there any chance we can get an auction or two in on the other site before the new site can host? By early March I’m focusing more on the 400/1000 DCs and live events.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:25 am

Yah Mule wrote:So, more than two months away for an IT group that treats deadlines like suggestions. The first auction last year was December 4th. The last one was the first week of March. I generally like a few practice auctions before I head out to Vegas, but it looks like this is another low priority. I'm about this close to just giving up on the NFBC for this year.
Merry Christmas everyone.

I was responding to the question about Satellite Leagues. If you guys want to do Auction DCs RIGHT NOW then let us know and we'll host them somewhere else. No, we don't have auction software done now, nor did we promise that last year. But we hope to have it ready for the Satellite season just like drafts. If there's demand for them earlier, then we'll have to do them like we did last year and years before that on another site. We can still do that.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:31 am

mdecav wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
We were doing the Auction-DC’s in January/February last year. While we are waiting for NFBC to host this, is there any chance we can get an auction or two in on the other site before the new site can host? By early March I’m focusing more on the 400/1000 DCs and live events.
Sure. We want to host online auctions here at some point, but if we have to do it the old way we can. I don't have an exact date as to when the auction software will be done, but will find out. Until it's done, sure, we can do it the old way.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:57 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Yah Mule wrote:So, more than two months away for an IT group that treats deadlines like suggestions. The first auction last year was December 4th. The last one was the first week of March. I generally like a few practice auctions before I head out to Vegas, but it looks like this is another low priority. I'm about this close to just giving up on the NFBC for this year.

I was responding to the question about Satellite Leagues. If you guys want to do Auction DCs RIGHT NOW then let us know and we'll host them somewhere else. No, we don't have auction software done now, nor did we promise that last year. But we hope to have it ready for the Satellite season just like drafts. If there's demand for them earlier, then we'll have to do them like we did last year and years before that on another site. We can still do that.
Count me in for a 250/500 Auction DC

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:02 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:

Greg: Sounds great on both counts. Would love to do an early auction/DC satellite or two. Glad we can do them on another site for now. I’d be interested in either $125 or $250 leagues provided that after the auction we do another 27 rounds with no FAAB. (I know last year we did 30-rounders with FAAB and 50-rounders with no FAAB; there was interest in both formats, although I only want to do the latter.) It’s also great news that the NFBC is developing its own auction draft room; looking forward to checking it out when ready.

Cheers and happy holidays all.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

steveymer

Post by steveymer » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:29 pm

I would also do a $125 or $250 DC auction as soon as someone is able and willing to put one together.

rickerbockerNFBC

Post by rickerbockerNFBC » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:26 pm

Thanks Greg. Appreciate the information.

TOXIC ASSETS

Post by TOXIC ASSETS » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:51 pm

Yes - definitely interested in early auctions as the auctions are a much more fun way to draft.

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:33 am

i was waiting to see if nfbc wanted to use their own room.

If Greg doesnt mind me running on rt sports ill put something together in early January

benzame7531

Post by benzame7531 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:01 am

Yeah i've been waiting for Auction Satellites too. March would be a huge bummer. Let's use the RT site because something is better than nothing.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:27 am

76erfan wrote:i was waiting to see if nfbc wanted to use their own room.

If Greg doesnt mind me running on rt sports ill put something together in early January
Andy, I didn't reach out to you because I don't know the launch date of our online auction software. I will ask this week for a timeline and get back to you. I was just responding to the question of if we are having auction satellites and the answer is yes. I just said March to be conservative, but I don't know the actual date as of yet. One Round Auto is the top priority after the holidays, followed by transferring the Message Boards to our site and loading all of our past teams and seasons.

But I'll shoot you an email once I know and we'll run them like we have before if needed to get started. Thanks to you and Todd Zola for propelling the interest in online auctions. We will take it to the next level here with our own software soon. Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius