Slow pokes and Draft Champion Leagues

Steel Lugnuts

Re: Slow pokes and Draft Champion Leagues

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:08 pm

Deadheadz wrote:Just became apparent at least one owner in my league was under the impression you can’t make picks while the clock is paused overnight.

If there’s a misunderstanding of the clock pause by 1 or more in every league it explains a lot.
How can NFBC get the word out to newbies to let them know to keep making picks?
I find it strange that the clock pause overnight isn't even mentioned on the sign-up up thread or in the contest rules (at least it wasn't last time I checked). This should be mentioned along with the fact you can continue to make picks during this time. I agree that some people don't realize picks can still me made.

dkokoska

Post by dkokoska » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:53 pm

Bama wrote:We need to go to a total time clock to fix this shit of everyone taking 3 to 4 hrs on every damn pick. I'm in a league​ where 10 plus guys are taking 2 hrs to timeing out on every f' in pick which is ridiculous. 10 days in and we just finished Rd 16 4 rds in the last 4 days and no chance in hell of finishing before opening day without some serious sped up time clock and the sooner we do that the better.
says the guy that just timed out...

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:36 pm

dkokoska wrote:
Bama wrote:We need to go to a total time clock to fix this shit of everyone taking 3 to 4 hrs on every damn pick. I'm in a league​ where 10 plus guys are taking 2 hrs to timeing out on every f' in pick which is ridiculous. 10 days in and we just finished Rd 16 4 rds in the last 4 days and no chance in hell of finishing before opening day without some serious sped up time clock and the sooner we do that the better.
says the guy that just timed out...

Ooh that stings.
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:24 pm

It just takes one owner who works a job where phones aren’t allowed to cause a speed bump during daytime draft hours.

I know at least one guy in our current DC who is west coast. They want to keep the clock running later. Would it improve the situation if there were a choice of leagues based on clock pause?

East Coast Draft: clock pauses for everyone 12:00am - 07:00am ET
West Coast Draft: clock pauses for everyone 3:00am - 10:00am ET

During signup you’d be sent to a page that thoroughly explains how you can keep picking during the pause then asks you if you want to be in East Coast pause or West Coast pause league. This flexibility should have the effect of grouping “like minded” drafters, something we’ve been striving toward for years.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:06 pm

Deadheadz wrote:It just takes one owner who works a job where phones aren’t allowed to cause a speed bump during daytime draft hours.

I know at least one guy in our current DC who is west coast. They want to keep the clock running later. Would it improve the situation if there were a choice of leagues based on clock pause?

East Coast Draft: clock pauses for everyone 12:00am - 07:00am ET
West Coast Draft: clock pauses for everyone 3:00am - 10:00am ET

During signup you’d be sent to a page that thoroughly explains how you can keep picking during the pause then asks you if you want to be in East Coast pause or West Coast pause league. This flexibility should have the effect of grouping “like minded” drafters, something we’ve been striving toward for years.

Or you could just use Auto? Idk just a thought?

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:23 pm

Gb2715 wrote: Or you could just use Auto? Idk just a thought?
Sure.
But it’s some of the same people who asked for the overnight pause who say “there’s no way in hell I’m going on auto when there’s more than 3 picks ahead of me”.

I guess rather than getting the players they want they’re a slave to ADP and don’t want to miss a run on Catchers or Closers.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Money

Post by Money » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:45 pm

It's time to move these down by an hour at least. The consideration should not only be opening day but the massive amount of leagues being drafted next weekend. This year is different because of the timing of opening day.
Joe

BartoloColonsFitbit

Post by BartoloColonsFitbit » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:57 pm

Going from 4 hours to 3 made almost no difference. I didn’t even think about the drafts coming up. That’s a good point. I have three upcoming myself

BartoloColonsFitbit

Post by BartoloColonsFitbit » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:46 pm

Guy in our draft working on what is probably his 15th timed out auto draft pick. He logs in just so auto isn’t on. Auto picked Brent Honeywell & the placeholder, among others. Will be fascinating to see if the place holder is ever filled

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:10 am

Our DC is still in round 34.
When I asked in Chat if we could pick up the pace please, one manager said:
“maybe slow drafts aren’t for you”.

Any slow draft that’s still got a clock longer than 1 hour and more than 10 rounds to go should be throttled up today.
We need to get these done before opening day folks.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:54 pm

Deadheadz wrote:Our DC is still in round 34.
When I asked in Chat if we could pick up the pace please, one manager said:
“maybe slow drafts aren’t for you”.

Any slow draft that’s still got a clock longer than 1 hour and more than 10 rounds to go should be throttled up today.
We need to get these done before opening day folks.

This is ridiculous

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:30 pm

Gb2715 wrote: This is ridiculous
The wheel pick just did a double timeout.
He got Honeywell’d. :D
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Roy's Outlaws

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:25 pm

Deadheadz wrote:
He got Honeywell’d. :D[/quo

AGREED, there is No reason that either turn should have 2 clocks. Have had player take 3 1/2 hours in a 4 hour draft championship, to make his first pick, then have the balls to leave and come back 4 hours later for his next pick. The turns should only have one clock for both picks, this would shorten the drafts at least a little. Also if you timeout you lose 15 minute off clock for the rest of your pick,2 timeout lose another 15 minutes( now 30 total). this way other drafter don't have to keep waiting for the same idiots all the time.

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:53 am

BartoloColonsFitbit wrote:Guy in our draft working on what is probably his 15th timed out auto draft pick. He logs in just so auto isn’t on. Auto picked Brent Honeywell & the placeholder, among others. Will be fascinating to see if the place holder is ever filled
Roy's Outlaws wrote:
Deadheadz wrote:
He got Honeywell’d. :D[/quo

AGREED, there is No reason that either turn should have 2 clocks. Have had player take 3 1/2 hours in a 4 hour draft championship, to make his first pick, then have the balls to leave and come back 4 hours later for his next pick. The turns should only have one clock for both picks, this would shorten the drafts at least a little. Also if you timeout you lose 15 minute off clock for the rest of your pick,2 timeout lose another 15 minutes( now 30 total). this way other drafter don't have to keep waiting for the same idiots all the time.
I think the best solution for this guy would be blocking his IP address from the website before next season.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:31 pm

Happens every year.

One or two guys enter the slow DC thinking it’s okay to run their timer down to 5 minutes until they make their pick.

In 73 hours our league has made 97 picks.

Doesn’t bode well for morale.
Why do people pay money to avoid drafting their team?

Is there really any advantage to waiting the whole four hours in case news breaks on the player at the top of your queue?

With days remaining in the draft season, when can we ask to have our clock reduced from 4 down to 2 hours per pick?
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Frozen Tundra

Post by Frozen Tundra » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:40 pm

I thought teams that ran out the clock more than once were put on auto. Is that not the case? I'm currently in a cutline that has made 64 picks in 54 hours. Several owners just don't seem to be much interested:(
"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions"
-Albert Einstein