Satellite Leagues Deserve Love Too

COZ

Satellite Leagues Deserve Love Too

Post by COZ » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:09 am

As the great John Pausma once told me, "Young lad (he likely used a smart-ass put-down as he is wont to do but I prefer to remember otherwise), I know you're studying the players, but the first thing I do every year is study the contests for return on investment...." (hereinafter referred to as "ROI")

In the spirit of Pausma's ROI excel spreadsheet for all NFBC contests, it is time people start looking at and giving more love to the 80% ROI in league prizes that the Satellite contests offer. Other than the high dollar stand-along leagues of the Super, Diamond & Platinum, no stand-alone contest with lower entry fees offers a better ROI in league prizes than the satellite leagues. Consider the nice 80% ROI in league prizes of the $500 Satellite vs. the $350 OLC:

$500 SATELLITE LEAGUE PRIZES (80% ROI in League Prizes):
1st: $4,000
2nd: $1,500
3rd: $500

$350 OLC (50% ROI in League Prizes):
1st: $1400
2nd: $700
3rd: $0

Obviously the OLC is a 12-teamer and adds money to the overall prizes, but if you play in the Online Championship, for a mere extra $150, you can increase your ROI in league prizes by 30%. Because I am of the mindset that winning the overall is akin to winning the lottery and want more ROI in league prizes, I am adding more $500 Satellites to my loss-leader portfolio & requesting more people join me in doing so. If, like me, you are leary of the lottery ticket feel to the overall prizes, do not want to compete against other leagues, and want a shot at larger league prizes, then the satellite leagues are for you. And if you factor in my chronic fantasy baseball ineptitude, well you don't need Pausma's ROI spreadsheet to see that if I'm in the league, your ROI only increases even further. So join me in some of the $500 Satellites listed below, because, to paraphrase someone, the Satellites deserve better & the satellites deserve love too.
Tom Kessenich wrote:2018 NFBC Satellites

Saturday, March 10
$500 League, 8 pm ET
1. Christopher Cosley

Thursday, March 22
$500 League, 8 pm ET
1. Christopher Cosley

Sunday, March 25
$500 League, 7 pm ET
1. Michael Swecker
2. Christopher Cosley

Wednesday, March 28
$500 League, 7 pm ET
1. Christopher Cosley]
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

COZ

Re: Satellite Leagues Deserve Love Too

Post by COZ » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:04 pm

Plenty of prime spots still available in the $500 Satellites. Get your spot now & set your KDS now before they're SOLD OUT. Turn your $500 entry fee into $4,000 cold hard cash-on-account-that-you-can-keep-on-account-without-tax-liability-on-your-"winnings". No other contest has this 80% league prize pay out other than the high roller leagues. These are going to be great, great leagues & a lot of fun. Enjoy!

Big Sexy
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:28 pm

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:34 pm

That one was not SQ, definitely LOL!
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

COZ

Post by COZ » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:25 pm

Nicely played KJ. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like the satellites, the girl in the blue shirt is HOT & fun & enoyable. As TLC once sang, don't go chasin' waterfalls & overall prizes, stick to the lakes & streams & satellites that you're used to.
COZ

COZ

Post by COZ » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:34 pm

COZ