"To Be The Man..." $500 Auction 2018

COZ

Re: "To Be The Man..." $500 Auction 2018

Post by COZ » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:34 pm

Bjs2025 wrote: 9th pitcher is one of 4 shit guys in a given week. Yeah I don't pay premiums for steals like everybody else, that's well documented. You don't need them to win contrary to every article you've ever read. I completely disagree that this is just a "top half" team. But I expected somebody to come in and say something like that. Multiple people did the same thing last year and I lead the league for six months.
You listed only 8 pitchers so I think mdecav was literally asking who your 9th pitcher was, not questioning it.

I'm not a big post-draft analysis guy because I tend to look like the fool trying to critique anyone else's team, but based on my projections from the program I use, and as much as I hate to say it, Rotoboy is in 1st place after the draft based on the projections. Now these projections always tend to skew in favor of older established vets of which Rotobro rostered many. VIRUS certainly infected this draft with his "strategy" & creating a vaccuum for elite pitching & SB's. Great job by Rotoboy in zagging & not chasing steals which went for a premium given the limited supply left. You rostered quite a few older guys with risk & not a lot of breakout potential in my opinion, but overall a solid draft by Rotoboy given the unique nature of this draft but he has the clear bullseye on his back. Can he go back to back? Let the fun commence in a couple weeks. I know this will be a league of which I will be paying much attention. Very challenging auction.
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:46 pm

Bjs2025 wrote:
mdecav wrote:
Bjs2025 wrote:Full disclosure. I mocked his team a bit in the draft room too but he’s got enough there to be top 5. Not generally smart strategy and I’d never do something like hat though. Now though, for your viewing pleasure...This years winner:

C Posey $20
C Vazquez $1
1B Goldscmidt $38
2B Cano $16
3B Gyorko $1
SS Simmons $1
MI Murphy $14
CI Hosmer $16
OF Braun $12
OF Bellinger $27
OF Pillar $1
OF Trumbo $1
OF Peralta $1
U Cruz $22
P Carrasco $33
P Price $15
P Osuna $17
P Wade Davis $10
P Andrew Miller $9
P Shoemaker $1
P Musgrove $1
P Straily $1
BN Kepler
BN Vargas
BN Sabathia
BN Neil Walker
BN Span
BN Heyward
BN Junis
Your team is lopsided in average with no steals. Who is your 9th pitcher? It’s a $300 team, so you’re in the top half. Not close to last year’s team.
9th pitcher is one of 4 shit guys in a given week. Yeah I don't pay premiums for steals like everybody else, that's well documented. You don't need them to win contrary to every article you've ever read. I completely disagree that this is just a "top half" team. But I expected somebody to come in and say something like that. Multiple people did the same thing last year and I lead the league for six months.
I was probably the most supportive last year on this board. This isn’t a wire-to-wire team.

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:47 pm

COZ wrote:
Bjs2025 wrote: 9th pitcher is one of 4 shit guys in a given week. Yeah I don't pay premiums for steals like everybody else, that's well documented. You don't need them to win contrary to every article you've ever read. I completely disagree that this is just a "top half" team. But I expected somebody to come in and say something like that. Multiple people did the same thing last year and I lead the league for six months.
You listed only 8 pitchers so I think mdecav was literally asking who your 9th pitcher was, not questioning it.

I'm not a big post-draft analysis guy because I tend to look like the fool trying to critique anyone else's team, but based on my projections from the program I use, and as much as I hate to say it, Rotoboy is in 1st place after the draft based on the projections. Now these projections always tend to skew in favor of older established vets of which Rotobro rostered many. VIRUS certainly infected this draft with his "strategy" & creating a vaccuum for elite pitching & SB's. Great job by Rotoboy in zagging & not chasing steals which went for a premium given the limited supply left. You rostered quite a few older guys with risk & not a lot of breakout potential in my opinion, but overall a solid draft by Rotoboy given the unique nature of this draft but he has the clear bullseye on his back. Can he go back to back? Let the fun commence in a couple weeks. I know this will be a league of which I will be paying much attention. Very challenging auction.
Anywhere where we can get the full results?

COZ

Post by COZ » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:06 pm

Andy has the results & can post them if he wants. Not sure how others feel about releasing it, but I'm fine with it because this is kind of a hyped league on the boards & thus should be released for public consumption & critique. I love reading that shit on these boards so I'm down with it but I'll let Andy make that call.
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:14 pm

COZ wrote:Andy has the results & can post them if he wants. Not sure how others feel about releasing it, but I'm fine with it because this is kind of a hyped league on the boards & thus should be released for public consumption & critique. I love reading that shit on these boards so I'm down with it but I'll let Andy make that call.
I don’t care who has what just what all of the prices were. Zola has been posting each league’s results.

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:17 am

LOL my bad,

JA Happ $2

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:18 am

COZ wrote:

Thanks and honestly I think good analysis. THis was a weird auction. I was ready for a slow grinder but this was balls out overbidding everywhere.

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:00 am

Bjs2025 wrote:
COZ wrote:

Thanks and honestly I think good analysis. THis was a weird auction. I was ready for a slow grinder but this was balls out overbidding everywhere.
everyone of them can be different

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:15 am

COZ wrote:

COZ, while I didnt track them all specifically I think you got tons of good buys in that middle-end section. There was alot of delayed nominations of top tier players which almost made things get really interesting. It almost got the the point that Rizzo, Votto, Freeman would not have even been afforded at their expected buying price.

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:04 am

COZ wrote:Andy has the results & can post them if he wants. Not sure how others feel about releasing it, but I'm fine with it because this is kind of a hyped league on the boards & thus should be released for public consumption & critique. I love reading that shit on these boards so I'm down with it but I'll let Andy make that call.
not releasing results...several of the guys used this as live event prep. I only release results for greg/tom league publically

davetniagarafalls

Post by davetniagarafalls » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:35 am

Do you think it might be ok to make it public after the season begins? I know a lot of people would like to follow it. It has the kind of sassiness (is that a word?) that these boards need.
"Dont sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff."

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:37 am

davetniagarafalls wrote:Do you think it might be ok to make it public after the season begins? I know a lot of people would like to follow it. It has the kind of sassiness (is that a word?) that these boards need.
after all live events take place........that would make more sense. Nothing to hide then. Remind me in a few weeks:)

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:47 am

davetniagarafalls wrote:Do you think it might be ok to make it public after the season begins? I know a lot of people would like to follow it. It has the kind of sassiness (is that a word?) that these boards need.
Some sass from the actual draft room: An owner actively complained to the other 13 owners that they were "letting me get bargains on players." And that "If you see he likes a guy keep bidding an extra dollar." I guess not realizing that if they bid an extra dollar I would just consider the player outpriced and quit bidding. This said I think this owner drafted a pretty solid team.

Big League Wood

Post by Big League Wood » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:09 pm

Bjs2025 wrote:Full disclosure. I mocked his team a bit in the draft room too but he’s got enough there to be top 5. Not generally smart strategy and I’d never do something like hat though. Now though, for your viewing pleasure...This years winner:

C Posey $20
C Vazquez $1
1B Goldscmidt $38
2B Cano $16
3B Gyorko $1
SS Simmons $1
MI Murphy $14
CI Hosmer $16
OF Braun $12
OF Bellinger $27
OF Pillar $1
OF Trumbo $1
OF Peralta $1
U Cruz $22
P Carrasco $33
P Price $15
P Osuna $17
P Wade Davis $10
P Andrew Miller $9
P Shoemaker $1
P Musgrove $1
P Straily $1
BN Kepler
BN Vargas
BN Sabathia
BN Neil Walker
BN Span
BN Heyward
BN Junis
What buys do you like the most? Were you targeting higher BA guys ???

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:25 am

Big League Wood wrote:

C Posey $20
C Vazquez $1
1B Goldscmidt $38
2B Cano $16
3B Gyorko $1
SS Simmons $1
MI Murphy $14
CI Hosmer $16
OF Braun $12
OF Bellinger $27
OF Pillar $1
OF Trumbo $1
OF Peralta $1
U Cruz $22
P Carrasco $33
P Price $15
P Osuna $17
P Wade Davis $10
P Andrew Miller $9
P Shoemaker $1
P Musgrove $1
P Straily $1
BN Kepler
BN Vargas
BN Sabathia
BN Neil Walker
BN Span
BN Heyward
BN Junis
What buys do you like the most? Were you targeting higher BA guys ???
Honestly I like all of them because they are all under price for what I viewed them to be. I don’t really target categories it just so happens that every year stolen bases are prioritized by everybody else so much that my batting average is far better. In retrospect I probably should have overpaid for a shitty steals guy to balance out a little bit more but it probably would have made me lack in runs and homeruns more if I did

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:56 pm

to be clear- given mr. steals has a lot- he has enough steals . his 1st basemen could steal 30 easily. he probably shoots for 5-7 points in steals. nice team imho.

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:45 pm

headhunters wrote:to be clear- given mr. steals has a lot- he has enough steals . his 1st basemen could steal 30 easily. he probably shoots for 5-7 points in steals. nice team imho.
It looks like the bottom 4-5 teams in SB including my team are projected to be bunch around 100-110. I've toyed with potential lineup shifts like starting Span over Trumbo to increase steals but any move like that hurts other categories too much to possible slightly improve steals. It will take some in season management but I'd rather not risk hurting the categories I feel I'll be dominant in.