Who's Ready for a Little MTM Midnight Madness Out in Vegas?

Baseball Furies

Who's Ready for a Little MTM Midnight Madness Out in Vegas?

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:23 am

So it had to be done. Back by popular demand and a general lack of poor judgement on my part, the second annual installment of "Midnight Madness" will again be hosted at the Friday night party out in Vegas of the second weekend. Greg gave it his blessing and promptly washed his hands of it and put Darik in charge, so he gets the unenviable task of dealing with this group of degenerate fanatics in the wee hours of the morning for what again will be a live, 12-Team Rotowire Championship Event with at the $350 level as it was last year when most of us generously donated to Matt Shepherd who was the champion of this league. Yeah, like he needed the money. The rich just get richer, and the poor get to deal with harassment from Greg and Tom. :P We started this thing around 11:30 p.m. or so last year after Joe Anthony barely made the start getting back from his Brittany Spears concert where rumor has it, she signed his breast, but that's a whole other story. :oops: :lol: So we'll give it a go roughly around this time again as well, and if memory serves, we banged this baby out with no breaks in about two hours, max. Food and drink were enjoyed before, during, and after which will probably be the case again. So if you want in for this special event which will make this awesome night that much more memorable and fun, post your name to this thread. And P.S. If you don't party with us, you don't draft with us! Which means only party attendees need apply. So who else wants a piece of this action? 8-) The sign-ups so far are as follows:

1. MTM
2. Matt Shepherd (2017 Champ)
3. Mario Malgeri
4. Mark Winokur
5. Bryan Vogel
6. Dan Semsel
7. KJ Duke (2018 Drafter of Honor)
8. Joe Anthony
9. Chad Fleming
10.Rob Giese
11.Roger Martin
12.John Bosch

If I missed anyone who told me that they wanted in, let me know.
Last edited by Baseball Furies on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:27 am, edited 7 times in total.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

MadCow Sez

Re: Who's Ready for a Little MTM Midnight Madness Out in Veg

Post by MadCow Sez » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:24 pm

You know I'll be back. There's several 3B that I need to draft that didn't make the cut last year :lol:
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:19 pm

MadCow Sez wrote:You know I'll be back. There's several 3B that I need to draft that didn't make the cut last year :lol:
Look on the bright side. In your stupor, you could have drafted David Wright as one of them. :) Your spot is reserved, my friend. 8-)
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:23 pm

Well, that didn't take long. 8-) Now down to just FOUR SPOTS LEFT! Who else wants in?

chiznad21

Post by chiznad21 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:58 pm

Sign me up...I want in

chad

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:50 pm

chiznad21 wrote:Sign me up...I want in

chad
You're in, bud. Now just THREE SPOTS LEFT!

MadCow Sez

Post by MadCow Sez » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:48 pm

Iron Balls Draft style?
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:16 pm

Why wouldn’t it be?

RobG

Post by RobG » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:49 pm

Of course I am in.
Rob Giese

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:15 am

MadCow Sez wrote:Iron Balls Draft style?
Exactly correct! Only way to do these. Same as last year. 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:18 am

RobG wrote:Of course I am in.
Great to have you back this year, Rob. I just bumped up all of my Detroit players in my rankings at least a round...like all three of them. :lol: I'll make sure that I add you to the list of party attendees as well. 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:20 am

Now just TWO SPOTS LEFT! Grab them while they're hot!

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:34 am

UPDATE: I have believe that I have been grossly negligent in not adding Roger Martin to this list as he had contacted me almost a week ago about joining us if the price point was right. So he has been added to the list and we are now officially down to ONE LAST SPOT for this year's "Midnight Madness" Draft Event! So who wants it, baby? 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:58 pm

Still just ONE SPOT LEFT for this always memorable event which you probably won't be able to remember by the next day.
:oops: :mrgreen: So we need just one more party-goer to take the plunge that evening. Who is it going to be?

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:03 am

A couple of you are still out there waffling or on the fence for the last spot in this one. Who wants it? It will be a life altering experience for sure! 8-)

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:01 pm

Bosch is coming.. If there is still a spot.... I'll be in. I'm not only in, but the stakes are raised.

Get me in the $350 ... get me in the party. I booked a first class flight from the east coast... coming to style and profile. I'm coming to kick each of your asses.... If you watched Celine Dion, good for you... if you didn't get laid, you won't win the league. Wooooooooooo!!!

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:13 pm

Fourslot40 wrote:Bosch is coming.. If there is still a spot.... I'll be in. I'm not only in, but the stakes are raised.

Get me in the $350 ... get me in the party. I booked a first class flight from the east coast... coming to style and profile. I'm coming to kick each of your asses.... If you watched Celine Dion, good for you... if you didn't get laid, you won't win the league. Wooooooooooo!!!
Easy there Ric Flair. :P See now this is how you talk some shit, ladies! Consider yourself, IN Bosch, and you better bring your A-Game if you have one.
But if not, just bring whatever you got, and be ready to have an ABSOLUTE BLAST!

So looks like we are now 100% SOLD OUT for this one! 8-) I will personally be in touch with certain people who shall remain nameless who are currently on the party list who completely pussed out of this one for this year for various bullshit reasons ranging from old age to NTD (No Testicles Disorder). :P :lol:

So it's now GAME ON in just a few short weeks. I will keep everyone posted as we get closer to the event with all the details. Thanks to all of the participants who jumped on board for this 2018 "Midnight Madness" event. 8-)

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:22 pm

Mike - I'm concerned about the testicular fortitude of several attendants.... do you think that this is an issue?

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:36 pm

Fourslot40 wrote:Mike - I'm concerned about the testicular fortitude of several attendants.... do you think that this is an issue?
No, most have long since ceded them to their significant others, so they have learned to manage without. Take Juprinka for example. I rest my case. :lol:

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:41 am

Baseball Furies wrote:
Fourslot40 wrote:Mike - I'm concerned about the testicular fortitude of several attendants.... do you think that this is an issue?
No, most have long since ceded them to their significant others, so they have learned to manage without. Take Juprinka for example. I rest my case. :lol:
This is coming from the guy who's ball and chain is no more than 5 feet from him for 2 weekends :lol: Lady must be a saint to deal with all these schlomoes for 2 weeks. I'd utilize her a bit more in the draft room though since she now has years of knowledge on how NOT to construct a fantasy team :lol:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:58 am

Quahogs wrote:
Baseball Furies wrote:
This is coming from the guy who's ball and chain is no more than 5 feet from him for 2 weekends :lol: Lady must be a saint to deal with all these schlomoes for 2 weeks. I'd utilize her a bit more in the draft room though since she now has years of knowledge on how NOT to construct a fantasy team :lol:
A bit touchy aren't we now, Mr. Juprinka? You're so easily baited. Shit like this would have never gotten to you back in your heyday before you became washed up. :P :lol: :lol: But if you must know, the reason why my wife has attended the last few years is two fold: First and foremost is she has gratefully volunteered her help as an event planner for us in setting up the rooms/food/beverages etc.; and secondly is that it isn't often she gets to view so many nerds like you in one place in the wild, so it's a novelty for her...almost like going to the zoo. :mrgreen:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:44 am

"Midnight Madness" Draft Alert! Unfortunately it looks like we may be down an owner or perhaps two due to some last minute cold feet and potential pussing out for reasons that I cannot even begin to fathom. So who is going to step to the plate to help bail us out and jump into this event which will be a total blast as usual? It would be a shame if it didn't go down, and I'm not about to let this happen and ruin it for everyone else. If you jump in and take a spot, Greg will hook us all up with some free NFBC swag just for those of us drafting that night...right, Greg? ;) So who's in? Don't force me to do something desperate. :mrgreen:

MadCow Sez

Post by MadCow Sez » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:40 pm

C'mon! The spectacle of some of the NFBC's finest making draft picks while inebriated and jet-lagged is worth the entry fee in itself!

Man up and get in on this action...it's an 11 team league with Mikey's donation! :lol:
--Rogers Hornsby

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:49 pm

Mike... I apologize... I should have known guys were going to bail after throwing my hat in the ring! Tell you what, If I need to draft without notes to help get a 12th team in, let me know. Woooooooo! :lol:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:51 am

Fourslot40 wrote:Mike... I apologize... I should have known guys were going to bail after throwing my hat in the ring! Tell you what, If I need to draft without notes to help get a 12th team in, let me know. Woooooooo! :lol:

Well this must have what done it, Bosch! We are now officially a 100% go as none other than the great KJ Duke himself has decided to step up and jump into this one as much as he abhors the 12-team format nearly as much as I do! :mrgreen: It cost me dearly in bribes, and I did have to draw the line at dog-sitting and the insider stock trading information he wanted on Radio Shack, but I was able negotiate getting it done. ;) 8-) But the next guy who attempts to drop out, I'm going to make it my personal mission to make your life miserable during at least one of your live events out in Vegas. So everyone consider this your first and last warning. And trust me, you don't want me sitting next to you in one of your drafts highlighting your cheat sheets with a black Sharpie or feigning Tourette's Syndrome throughout your entire auction. So don't even think about it. :P

So here's the final line-up drafting dignitaries for the 2018 Vegas "Midnight Madness" Event:

1. MTM
2. Matt Shepherd (2017 Champ)
3. Mario Malgeri
4. Mark Winokur
5. Bryan Vogel
6. Dan Semsel
7. KJ Duke (2018 Drafter of Honor)
8. Joe Anthony
9. Chad Fleming
10.Rob Giese
11.Roger Martin
12.John Bosch

It's going to be an absolute blast as usual, boys! Looking forward to seeing everyone out in Vegas! :D 8-)