Greg/ Tom please respond to slow drafters thread issue...

meanguy

Greg/ Tom please respond to slow drafters thread issue...

Post by meanguy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:59 am

For your 2 cents, thanks.

Gekko

Re: Greg/ Tom please respond to slow drafters thread issue..

Post by Gekko » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:01 pm

u might have to get meaner than that!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:15 pm

meanguy wrote:For your 2 cents, thanks.
I'm sorry if I missed something, but I assume you are asking why one of our moderators changed a pick where an owner timed out. Is that what this is about? And that happened this weekend?

All I can say is that me, Tom and Darik are available most of the day to jump in as soon as the Contact Admin button is pressed. We all get an email notification of that and there is a sound in the Admin room. We don't have every single draft room open on our computers, but we have one location where right now 50 or so drafts are taking place. As most of you know, Tom and Darik usually jump into the affected draft room to help no matter what time of the day, weekdays or weekends. Maybe other sites do that too, and if so, kudos to them.

Now when we get alerted, we jump into the Chat, ask what the person needs and fix whatever the problem is. The majority of the time the Help button is hit by mistake or people leave the draft room after hitting the button. Sometimes there is a mistake that we correct. We correct it quickly and get the draft moving again.

If someone timed out this weekend and one of the guys changed the pick they likely just thought it was a mistaken pick. Or at least was told it was a mistaken pick. If someone times out we can check the time stamp of the previous pick and do the math, but again with so many leagues going on it's quite possible that someone took the person for their word and didn't check the time stamp. It wasn't anything we did under the table or with bad intentions; I'm sure it was one of many help calls that day and they corrected the pick quickly and moved on. Again, I'm just assuming that's what happened and as Darik said if we missed the fact that the person timed out then we'll be more efficient in the future.

We certainly don't have any desire to help those people who are timing out and causing leagues to drag on. That certainly wasn't the intention here. We're all working as hard and as diligently as possible while watching so many leagues on one page. But sure, we'll look at the time stamps going forward and make sure we don't help someone who was careless overnight or during the day.

If this wasn't the question, then I apologize. I'm working on so many other things than the Message Boards before leaving for the live events next week. We'll keep our eyes on these as best we can and act in the right way. Good luck all.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:17 pm

Perfect response Greg. Thanks.
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:21 pm

Money wrote:Perfect response Greg. Thanks.
An easier solution would be to not have any customer service in these slow drafts. In this case, it was over customer service and that person didn't realize it was a timed out pick. Go ahead and take your shots at us for that, but we certainly didn't do anything nefarious. We'll take the blame for not understanding the situation perfectly and allowing the switch of a dead player, but outside of that there was no intention to ruin everyone's season.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:31 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Money wrote:Perfect response Greg. Thanks.
An easier solution would be to not have any customer service in these slow drafts. In this case, it was over customer service and that person didn't realize it was a timed out pick. Go ahead and take your shots at us for that, but we certainly didn't do anything nefarious. We'll take the blame for not understanding the situation perfectly and allowing the switch of a dead player, but outside of that there was no intention to ruin everyone's season.
Greg, again, instead of immediately getting defensive and taking all of this as a pot shot at you and the tech team, please go back and read the entire thread to really get what the big issue was here. It was not a tech or even a customer service issue. It was a rules and policy enforcement issue as well as a fairness issue, and again not pandering to the few "Dumbys" (I'll assume this idiot meant, "Dummy", in reference to himself), and taking into consideration the vast majority of your clientele who are your best paying customers. Perhaps the timing was bad with you guys being "away" in Arizona and pre-occupied with what you had going on out there, when most of these issues went down, in which case it was a bit of a customer service issue as well. However, it should have been covered and handled better. So is tech and everything better than it was. Sure. Is it still a work in progress. Definitely, and it needs to continue to get better. Thanks.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry