Presenting YOUR 100K_Team

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:42 pm

here is my thought process after i found out my draft slot (pick 6)...all the way through to draft day...

in round 1, I was hoping one of the big hitters would last. didn't happen.

in round 2, i was hoping for rollins, c.lee, or d.lee would last. didn't happen.

in round 3, i was hoping for tejada or furcal would last. didn't happen.

in round 4, i was hoping for bill hall, p.fielder, or b.wagner would last. didn't happen.

in round 5, i was hoping for zimmerman to last. didn't happen.

so, with NOTHING going as planned, here is GG's team from the 6 hole...

C R.Martin (12); Pierzynski (16)

1B Delgado (4); Kotchman (21)

2B Kinsler (6); Phillips (11)

SS Drew (10); Bartlett (24)

3B Teahan (9)

OF M.Ramirez (2); Suzuki (3); Quentin (14); Victorino (15); L.Scott (18); K.Johnson (20); J.Hamilton (25)

U Thome (5)

SP J.Santana (1); B.Myers (8); A.Reyes (13); J.Shields (17); Oliver Perez (19); Nolasko (27); Carmona (29)

RP Saito (7); Coffey (22); Gregg (23); Madson (26); Bray (28); Reistma (30)

Yes, Yes, I may have some holes right now, but I do have one thing that only a few owners have...Mr. Santana!

Just an FYI - 2007 New "Kick ASSS" Candidates include...Kotchman, Kinsler, S.Drew, Teahan, Victorino, A.Reyes, J.Shields, Oliver Perez, and T.Coffey.

2007 New "Kick ASSS" Candidate in Waiting...J.Hamilton. When Griffey/Freel get hurt, Mr Hamilton will quickly turn into this year's "why didn't i have this guy on my radar" player. mmmuuhahahahahaha!!!!

[ March 19, 2007, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Spyhunter

Post by Spyhunter » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:47 pm

I still can't believe you got Phillips in the 11th!!!!!

We have the same hole - closers. Heres to us finding a closer or two...

Good luck,

Spy

Karch Adonis

Post by Karch Adonis » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:48 pm

LOL
Courage, it couldn't come at a worse time.

The Mighty Men

Post by The Mighty Men » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:54 pm

Thanks for the donation. You are short on SP's, even with Santana. The 6th for Kinsler was early.

The feeling when NONE of your preferred players are falling is just the worst. In many, many leagues, they were.
Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? “It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.” Isaiah 63:1

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:55 pm

amazing how leagues differ. in my league 13 catchers were gone by end of round 11. nice team. i agree with all breakouts- which should cause you to worry. by the way - freel and griffey are hurt- so no waiting required.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:57 pm

Originally posted by The Mighty Men:

Thanks for the donation. You are short on SP's, even with Santana. The 6th for Kinsler was early. short on SP? either you are playing dumb or you are dumb. in any event, you are sadly mistaken. it's okay, you won't be the only one.

JohnZ

Post by JohnZ » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:57 pm

LOL.. I got S.Drew to end RD 17.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:59 pm

The 6th for Kinsler was early. yes, i heard this from some other people as well. what i can say is that my other choice for the 6 hole was taverass. after seeing my team fill out, i'm much happier with taking kinsler than taverass.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:00 pm

Originally posted by UFS:

LOL.. I got S.Drew to end RD 17. consider that a GREAT BIG CHRISTMAS PRESENT! hopefully you didn't F-up the rest of your draft.

JohnZ

Post by JohnZ » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:02 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

in round 1, I was hoping one of the big hitters would last. didn't happen.Huh?

Pujols, Soriano, Reyes, Crawford, ARod, Howard?

Which one did you pass on?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:03 pm

Originally posted by headhunters:

i agree with all breakouts- which should cause you to worry. by the way - freel and griffey are hurt- so no waiting required. ROFLMAO TWICE!!!!! :D :D

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:03 pm

quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

[/QUOTE]Howard's the dog of that group. AROD is a close 2nd. didn't you get the memo?

JohnZ

Post by JohnZ » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:07 pm

quote:Originally posted by UFS:

[/QUOTE]Howard's the dog of that group. AROD is a close 2nd. didn't you get the memo?
[/QUOTE]No, I drafted #15. ;)

JohnZ

Post by JohnZ » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:09 pm

[/QUOTE]Which one did you pass on?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:09 pm

Which one did you pass on? howard

JohnZ

Post by JohnZ » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:11 pm

Which one did you pass on? howard [/QUOTE]Don't tell Bjoak. ;) He took him 3rd.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:14 pm

The feeling when NONE of your preferred players are falling is just the worst. In many, many leagues, they were. this is a good point. when the players i targeted were getting picked before i planned to select them, i didn't have a good feeling in my gut. but i realized that if they were getting picked before their ADP AND before i'd target them, they were likely getting picked too early...which they were. and hence some nice value slipped to me.

tomorrow i'll write about a potential blunder i made on draft day. this one ranks up there as a "kick to the jimmy", even if the move turns out in my favor.

[ March 19, 2007, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:19 pm

[/QUOTE]the thing is, howard was bad for the strategy i wanted to use. santana was my backup plan.

perhaps bjoak mapped his draft according to taking howard in the 1st. in that case, he could have executed that gameplan very well. i haven't seen his team, so i can't comment on that

JohnZ

Post by JohnZ » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:22 pm

[/QUOTE]the thing is, howard was bad for the strategy i wanted to use. santana was my backup plan.

perhaps bjoak mapped his draft according to taking howard in the 1st. in that case, he could have executed that gameplan very well. i haven't seen his team, so i can't comment on that
[/QUOTE]I was just having some fun. I haven't seen it either.

bjoak

Post by bjoak » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:32 pm

[/QUOTE]Yes, I did plan it that way. Soriano was gone or I would have taken him. I love Reyes and think he has more value than Howard but planning ahead with a variety of alternatives showed me that I really needed the power there. I could fill in my stolen bases later but power was short. But I view Howard as the 4th best player and certainly more value than all the 3B guys. There are just too many of them. In short, I don't subscribe to Shandler's recent downplaying of him. Beyond that, I see Shandler has him down at 52, 129, .303. How do you project a guy for that and then tell everyone not to take him? My projection for him isn't even that good.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

JohnZ

Post by JohnZ » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:37 pm

Originally posted by bjoak:

[/QUOTE]Yes, I did plan it that way. Soriano was gone or I would have taken him. I love Reyes and think he has more value than Howard but planning ahead with a variety of alternatives showed me that I really needed the power there. I could fill in my stolen bases later but power was short. But I view Howard as the 4th best player and certainly more value than all the 3B guys. There are just too many of them. In short, I don't subscribe to Shandler's recent downplaying of him. Beyond that, I see Shandler has him down at 52, 129, .303. How do you project a guy for that and then tell everyone not to take him? My projection for him isn't even that good.
[/QUOTE]I saw SB's easier to fill later at the top spots also.

Who did you get later?

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:39 pm

tomorrow i'll write about a potential blunder i made on draft day. this one ranks up there as a "kick to the jimmy", even if the move turns out in my favor. Perhaps wasting two roster spots on Bray and Coffey while passing on Hermanson?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:40 pm

Originally posted by bjoak:

How do you project a guy for that and then tell everyone not to take him? my guess is a low reliability factor. in addition, if his contact doesn't improve, howard could be hitting in the .280's (or lower :( ) very soon. just a matter of looking at data and seeing where it fits. very low contact hitters also have very low BA's. the floor on howard is quite low in my opinion and not worth the risk.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:48 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

tomorrow i'll write about a potential blunder i made on draft day. this one ranks up there as a "kick to the jimmy", even if the move turns out in my favor. Perhaps wasting two roster spots on Bray and Coffey while passing on Hermanson? [/QUOTE]the 20th+ rounds are for some educated risks. most don't work out, but i just need one or two to pan out to be a big help.

btw, are you implying that you are going to keep ALL the players you drafted for the entire year? do tell...

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:01 pm

quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:

tomorrow i'll write about a potential blunder i made on draft day. this one ranks up there as a "kick to the jimmy", even if the move turns out in my favor. Perhaps wasting two roster spots on Bray and Coffey while passing on Hermanson? [/QUOTE]the 20th+ rounds are for some educated risks. most don't work out, but i just need one or two to pan out to be a big help.

btw, are you implying that you are going to keep ALL the players you drafted for the entire year? do tell...
[/QUOTE]agreed, and I'm sure many of my 20+ picks will be thrown back into the pool, but two days later, so far so good with all ... just speculating on what you may see as a blunder.