First Weekend Draft Spots Coming On Monday

Greg Ambrosius

First Weekend Draft Spots Coming On Monday

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:21 am

Just a heads up that the KDS deadline for the Saturday, March 17th Main Event leagues and the NFBC Super League is tomorrow at 8 am ET. Draft spots will be announced around the scheduled draft times of each event. Please make sure you set those KDS preferences now.

Draft positions will be announced today for the Friday, March 16th Auction Championship leagues. There you get to see who you're sitting next to and what spot you have for the reserve rounds. The Sunday New York Main Event and Auction Championship have KDS deadlines of Tuesday at 8 am ET and positions will be announced on Tuesday.

Good luck all. We're heading to the live events and getting those draft spots is the first part of Christmas Day. Enjoy.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Re: First Weekend Draft Spots Coming On Monday

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:28 am

An FYI, the 9 am March 16 New York Auction league had the nomination order emailed this morning. It was posted on team pages at that time and I also have posted it in the League Forum. Remaining Friday New York & Chicago auction leagues will be done later today so be on the lookout for those by email.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Cotton1

Post by Cotton1 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:01 pm

Woohooo!!
What time tomorrow will we be notified?
Will it be an email or posted on the message boards?
rusty
"can i call you rusty?"

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:33 pm

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:35 am

DRAFT SPOTS COMING THIS HOUR!!!

The computer will spit out the leagues and draft orders at the top of the hour and you'll receive them first via email. Tom will compile the cities and the leagues and add them to the Message Boards afterwards. That way everyone who isn't in the Main Event and Auction leagues this weekend can still see the league pairings.

Enjoy all. Your draft spot is now in the hands of the trusty computer!! :lol: Good luck all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:36 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:DRAFT SPOTS COMING THIS HOUR!!!

The computer will spit out the leagues and draft orders at the top of the hour and you'll receive them first via email. Tom will compile the cities and the leagues and add them to the Message Boards afterwards. That way everyone who isn't in the Main Event and Auction leagues this weekend can still see the league pairings.

Enjoy all. Your draft spot is now in the hands of the trusty computer!! :lol: Good luck all.
that trusty computer put jupinka, lowy and gekko in our league. How annoying!!!!! :|

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:01 am

76erfan wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:DRAFT SPOTS COMING THIS HOUR!!!

that trusty computer put jupinka, lowy and gekko in our league. How annoying!!!!! :|
Right on time. I am in this league. I should change my team name to "Dead Money". Second Pick....hmmmmm.....
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Roy's Outlaws

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:17 am

Can we please go back to the BINGO machine. This league maybe the toughest of ALL-TIME. Computer I have a bat with your name on it.

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:20 am

Roy's Outlaws wrote:Can we please go back to the BINGO machine. This league maybe the toughest of ALL-TIME. Computer I have a bat with your name on it.
at least you aren't sitting next to Jupinka and Lowy. How miserable are they gonna be?

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:23 am

Roy's Outlaws wrote:Can we please go back to the BINGO machine. This league maybe the toughest of ALL-TIME. Computer I have a bat with your name on it.
Roy...since we are going to be sitting side-by-side for this massacre waiting to happen, you lean left and I will lean right and we can cry on each others shoulders...
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:11 pm

The BINGO machine never selected the league pairings; only the draft selections which then were announced by the one and only Kay Adams!! There was always a computer that did that, outside of the first year when my 9-year-old daughter helped select names from a hat. We could kill this computer, Roy, but then we'd just replace it with another computer who would pick the same tough leagues. :lol:

Nothing is easy in the NFBC Main Event, so best of luck all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:43 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
The BINGO machine never selected the league pairings; only the draft selections which then were announced by the one and only Kay Adams!! There was always a computer that did that, outside of the first year when my 9-year-old daughter helped select names from a hat. We could kill this computer, Roy, but then we'd just replace it with another computer who would pick the same tough leagues. :lol:

Nothing is easy in the NFBC Main Event, so best of luck all.
Shoot it anyway. I've had one top pick in 25 main events. The replacement couldn't be worse. Bingo balls would get my vote. :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:43 pm

So you say you're luckier at BINGO?
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:23 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:So you say you're luckier at BINGO?
Let's just say I trust the randomness of air blowing ping pong balls around more than a sketchy random algorithm built or operated by STATS or old fanball. 8-)

Roy's Outlaws

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:11 pm

Edwards Kings wrote:
Roy...since we are going to be sitting side-by-side for this massacre waiting to happen, you lean left and I will lean right and we can cry on each others shoulders...

Don't worry Wayne, I am formulating a PLAN , going to need lots of SHARK Repellant , An Illusionists to make Jupinka and Srebro disappear for the first 15 rounds. 10 cartons of cigarettes to keep Lowy running outside to smoke. Enough Orange soda so Deterra falls asleep. Perlmutter going to have to eat 2 steak after drafting in the MTM league, so he over sleeps and misses the main. this would be a nice start to the draft. :D :lol: