Lot of Work Still to be Done on Lineup Pages

davetniagarafalls

Lot of Work Still to be Done on Lineup Pages

Post by davetniagarafalls » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:44 pm

I have rewritten this post multiple times so as to not be alarmist or critical. And, I know there was a post about the set lineup issue but that has already slipped to page two of the message boards. But this subject needs to stay near the top of the message board queue because it seems that there is still a lot of work to be done. I am only now getting into playing around with it and already what I am seeing I don't like. Lineup changes right now in this format are painful. This is particularly concerning to players with multiple teams because set lineups should not be a three to four step process - we should be able to make all the changes we want and hit set lineup ONLY ONCE. I know it said it would be fixed so that is good. Also, too many players who are with new teams (e.g., Rajai Davis, Ad Lind, etc.) have not been changed, so the lineup schedules (who they are playing) for week one for those players are incorrect. Do you know who all the players are that need to be changed? Should we be collecting this information for you and getting a list of those players posted? I know these are little things but NFBC staff are about to be deluged with two upcoming weekends of live events. And we have no idea if the first free agency period will go off without a hitch - we hope it does but is that realistic? Let us know how we can help. This is coming up on us quick so we need to work together. Thanks, Dave
"Dont sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff."

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Lot of Work Still to be Done on Lineup Pages

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:00 am

Thanks for the post Dave. We know exactly the short cut that needs to be added to Set Lineup and will get that added so that switching positions is as easy as it's always been. And we know the free agents who need new schedules; that update actually is coming from our stat provider. Thanks much and enjoy New York City this weekend.

And our top programmers will be in New York this weekend with Tom and Darik and our CEO. Make sure to reach out to them or have Tom introduce you to them as they are really hands on with the software and want your feedback. Not only that, but they like to share a beer from time to time. :lol: Again, talk with them this weekend and get to know the guys behind the scenes who are trying to make your lives as simple as possible this season through FAAB, Set Lineup and everything else. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:14 pm

1) Why can't "Set Lineup" and "Free Agents" be their own tab? These are the things we will click on most. One click is better than click, pull-down menu, click again. Especially for mobile. Seems like plenty of room on the menu bar to fit.

2) When a lineup change is made we don't need the add'l step of "Save Lineup". This will lead to changes we thought we made not being made and unhappy owners who thought they made a change checking back in horror after a lineup deadline. Especially on mobile. When a change is clicked in the players should move and it should be done.

3) Color coding! At least a difference between pitchers and hitters.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:41 pm

KJ Duke wrote:1) Why can't "Set Lineup" and "Free Agents" be their own tab?
We will discuss this going forward KJ. The navigation now is the same as how STATS had it previously so no change there with everything you have been doing for some time now. With all the improvements being made with Set Lineup and FAAB you guys will be saving tons of time on these pages so this will end up being enormous improvements compared to how STATS had it done. Pulling those two pages out or making them more prominent is a worthy discussion point, though. The key would be doing it in a way that doesn't overload all the menu options being used. But we can definitely discuss that internally as we move forward.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:57 pm

Ok, the Set Lineup enhancements have just been pushed live within the past 10 minutes or so. Go ahead and give it a whirl...

coachmo

Post by coachmo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:42 pm

A big thing is getting guys listed on the right team they are playing for

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:59 pm

We updated a few players last night/this morning. It's possible we missed someone. To which player(s) are you referring? We'll get them fixed as soon as possible.
coachmo wrote:A big thing is getting guys listed on the right team they are playing for

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:13 pm

Just a few from a draft board...

Mike Napoli- CLE
Ben Revere- CIN
Raul Mondesi is now Adalberto Mondesi.
Tyson Ross- SD
Danny Valencia- BAL
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:18 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:Just a few from a draft board...

Mike Napoli- CLE
Ben Revere- CIN
Raul Mondesi is now Adalberto Mondesi.
Tyson Ross- SD
Danny Valencia- BAL
Adam Lind, Brandon Moss, Anibal Sanchez ... eh, never mind.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:19 pm

Wade Miley- MIL
Michael Saunders- KC
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:01 pm

Thanks guys. If you see any more, please add to the thread if you get time. Within the next two days, Henry is running a system-wide fix. All players should be correctly updated to current teams once he does.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:07 am

Just a heads up that we are working on the inside pages now to help with the readability of the stats. We are providing an alternating gray background like we had before with STATS on the FAAB and Set Lineup pages and have made the type face darker for the stats and headers. We should be rolling out that version soon. The key was to always get the programming done first and adding changes to the inside pages before Opening Day was always the next step. I'll post when these changes are added, but hopefully they will be soon.

Thanks again all. And as Darik said, all of the players will be listed on their correct teams on Set Lineup shortly. I'm not quite sure where the breakdown was with our stat provider there, but they will be updated shortly to correctly show their schedule of games for Week 1.

Two weeks from today is Opening Day. WOW!! :D
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

benzame7531

Post by benzame7531 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:25 am

For teams that have a comanager when one person highlights a watch player they are not transferring to the other partner. Is that something we can fix?

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:34 am

At this point, probably not. Each owner has a unique sign-in. While the two accounts can have access to same team, the accounts are not linked for obvious reasons. The Watchlist is particular to the account owner across his or her teams, but not across co-owned teams. Plenty of owners share teams with more than one person across many different leagues.

We will bring it up to IT in our next session, though, and see what, if anything, can be done.
benzame7531 wrote:For teams that have a comanager when one person highlights a watch player they are not transferring to the other partner. Is that something we can fix?

justiceberry

Post by justiceberry » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:06 am

i wish i could still "view lineup" for my cutlines. it isnt the same looking at a roster grid.

also, i do not see "team stats" dropdown, will this along with live scoring be integrated by opening day or is this a change?