nyc weekend in the books

76erfan

nyc weekend in the books

Post by 76erfan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:38 pm

man what a blur! thanks to Tom and Darik for being great hosts. great to see everyone and the Stewart was a good place for us to draft. Fun times!

Bronx Yankees

Re: nyc weekend in the books

Post by Bronx Yankees » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:45 pm

Just want to second Andy’s post. Just got home from the Big Apple and it was a blast. The drafts were a ton of fun, very challenging (as always), and it was great to see so many familiar faces again and meet some folks for the first time. There is nothing like drafting live! Thanks, Tom and Darik!

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Roy's Outlaws

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:46 pm

76erfan wrote:man what a blur! thanks to Tom and Darik for being great hosts. great to see everyone and the Stewart was a good place for us to draft. Fun times!

It's a blur , because you are suppose to SLEEP!!!!!!!!!! (At least a little). I'm going to need a week to recover from Friday night. :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. - you can't play Beer Pong....0-4

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:52 pm

Roy's Outlaws wrote:
76erfan wrote:man what a blur! thanks to Tom and Darik for being great hosts. great to see everyone and the Stewart was a good place for us to draft. Fun times!

It's a blur , because you are suppose to SLEEP!!!!!!!!!! (At least a little). I'm going to need a week to recover from Friday night. :lol: :lol: :lol:

wait wait wait......I was making shots my partners werent.

Gekko was pretty good. Jason and you .....not so much

ChipChopChip

Post by ChipChopChip » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:13 am

I flew in from Texas and these guys made me feel super welcome. I am glad that Andy talked me into going to New York this year. I had no idea that beer pong was my game until Friday night.

I am not sure that I delivered a Texas ass whooping at the draft table though. It was great getting to talk some baseball with like minded people. I hope to be back next year

Red Sox Nation-

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:52 pm

76erfan wrote:
Roy's Outlaws wrote:

wait wait wait......I was making shots my partners werent.

Gekko was pretty good. Jason and you .....not so much
Hey! There is no "i" in TEAM
I'm used to solo cups. Aluminum cups must be a tri state thing .

Awesome time. Best trip yet. Thanks Andy and MTM for planning the FUN!

Roy's Outlaws

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:40 pm

ChipChopChip wrote:I flew in from Texas and these guys made me feel super welcome. I am glad that Andy talked me into going to New York this year. I had no idea that beer pong was my game until Friday night.

I am not sure that I delivered a Texas ass whooping at the draft table though. It was great getting to talk some baseball with like minded people. I hope to be back next year

Don't worry James, After the $1300 Auction your new name is TeeeNNNNN. :lol:

rickerbockerNFBC

Post by rickerbockerNFBC » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:03 pm

Had a great time in New York. Hopefully, next year I can actually make it out for drinks. Had a blast anyway though.

Stewart was almost perfect. I hope we draft there again next year with one fix --- Having a better noise barrier between auction rooms.

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:58 pm

Agree with all the comments; I was very impressed with the Stewart Hotel, it was first class. Thanks to Tom and Darik for a great time. It was great meeting up with guys I have not seen for awhile. Hopefully, back LIVE next year in either NYC or Vegas.
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:07 pm

rickerbockerNFBC wrote:Had a great time in New York. Hopefully, next year I can actually make it out for drinks. Had a blast anyway though.

Stewart was almost perfect. I hope we draft there again next year with one fix --- Having a better noise barrier between auction rooms.
Good to hear about the Stewart Hotel. I think Tom and Darik have both said that we HAVE TO address that with the Stewart and grab an upstairs ballroom if we ever have two auctions at the same time. We certainly understand the noise concerns and weren't expecting a big ballroom without walls. That won't happen again, guaranteed.

But Stewart Hotel was very good to the NFBC and New York is no longer a loss leader. This was a game changer for us as well.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:37 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
rickerbockerNFBC wrote:Had a great time in New York. Hopefully, next year I can actually make it out for drinks. Had a blast anyway though.

Good to hear about the Stewart Hotel. I think Tom and Darik have both said that we HAVE TO address that with the Stewart and grab an upstairs ballroom if we ever have two auctions at the same time. We certainly understand the noise concerns and weren't expecting a big ballroom without walls. That won't happen again, guaranteed.

But Stewart Hotel was very good to the NFBC and New York is no longer a loss leader. This was a game changer for us as well.
Wow, didn't realize there were two auctions going on at the same time; I can see where that would be a problem in regards to the setup
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:39 pm

Thanks to everyone for making this another successful weekend in New York. We survived some unfortunate server issues on Friday but recovered nicely for a productive weekend. I'm thrilled at all the responses I've gotten about the Stewart. So many raved about it, including Chris Liss on the RotoWire show on Monday. That's great to hear without a doubt.

I checked out the additional rooms on Sunday and there's definitely a way to make Friday work better than it did. If we do go back to the Stewart I'll look to add one or more of the rooms on the floor above ours and that will alleviate the issues we had.

Just want to say thanks again to everyone who attended. We had 10 total leagues in three days and I think everyone had a really good time. I also appreciate Gekko making sure Darik got home at a reasonable hour on Saturday night after I left the bar. :)

Great job everyone and we'll do it all again next year. :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:46 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote: I checked out the additional rooms on Sunday and there's definitely a way to make Friday work better than it did. If we do go back to the Stewart I'll look to add one or more of the rooms on the floor above ours and that will alleviate the issues we had.

If you have the same leagues as this past weekend, there's no need to move rooms. Just have the early auction in one end, the $2500 in the other end, and the Ultimate in the middle. This gives some separation between the two sections when they're both auctioning at the same time.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:14 am

mdecav wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote: I checked out the additional rooms on Sunday and there's definitely a way to make Friday work better than it did. If we do go back to the Stewart I'll look to add one or more of the rooms on the floor above ours and that will alleviate the issues we had.

If you have the same leagues as this past weekend, there's no need to move rooms. Just have the early auction in one end, the $2500 in the other end, and the Ultimate in the middle. This gives some separation between the two sections when they're both auctioning at the same time.
I thought about that but the Ultimate crew can be ... let's just say ... a bit noisy at times. :) I think the best approach would be to separate more completely and an additional room would do just that. So there wouldn't be any issues at all. One league going on in a room at all times with no overlap. If we return to the Stewart, that's what we'll do.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:02 pm

NYC's the home base. Tom and Darik did a great job with the drafts as always and Andy with the post draft festivities. Even though I couldn't hang as long as the big boys the one night I was able to be there this year, I had a blast.

Chthroop

Post by Chthroop » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:56 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
mdecav wrote:

I thought about that but the Ultimate crew can be ... let's just say ... a bit noisy at times. :) I think the best approach would be to separate more completely and an additional room would do just that. So there wouldn't be any issues at all. One league going on in a room at all times with no overlap. If we return to the Stewart, that's what we'll do.
Thanks Tom, for those of us sitting near the middle it was extremely noisy and the 4pm auctioneer was quite quiet+went super fast so we had a very tough time participating. Even after asking the middle auction just couldn't keep it down! So adding one extra room will excellent solution to the noise problem

I will note that the food at the Stewart was excellent and put out a great spread. I think the best we have had?