Set Lineup, First FAAB & Free Agent List ???

rickerbockerNFBC

Set Lineup, First FAAB & Free Agent List ???

Post by rickerbockerNFBC » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:31 pm

When will the Set Lineup page start working? Hopefully it's not live yet, because I've made changes and saved, but it's not locking in the saves.

Also, when will the Free Agent lists become available? When will the first FAAB period begin? Lock date/time?

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Set Lineup, First FAAB & Free Agent List ???

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:04 pm

rickerbockerNFBC wrote:When will the Set Lineup page start working? Hopefully it's not live yet, because I've made changes and saved, but it's not locking in the saves.

Also, when will the Free Agent lists become available? When will the first FAAB period begin? Lock date/time?
Shoot me an email at [email protected] with your phone number and I'll call you. We can walk through it together.

First FAAB period is Sunday, March 25th at 10 pm ET. It locks seconds before that.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

blazer68

Post by blazer68 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:09 pm

how can the first FAAB periodlock on Sunday if people are still drafting on Monday and Tuesday?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:18 pm

blazer68 wrote:how can the first FAAB periodlock on Sunday if people are still drafting on Monday and Tuesday?
Any league that drafts by Sunday night has access to pick up free agents. Some folks are in FAAB leagues that have been drafting since December, so this is only fair.

Anyone drafting after Sunday at 10 pm ET will have their first FAAB on Sunday, April 2nd. Everyone will have FAAB on that day.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:25 pm

so for those drafting before sunday we now have 27 weeks of FAAB? I like to track budget wise.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:34 pm

Wolfpac wrote:so for those drafting before sunday we now have 27 weeks of FAAB? I like to track budget wise.
We do.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:11 pm

Why am I seeing players who haven't played in the majors yet in the Free Agent pool?

jkirby701

Post by jkirby701 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:17 pm

Are there issues with setting lineups? None of my changes are being saved when I click on the save lineups button.

I'm also not seeing any free agents. I only get a spinning baseball.

Probably user error on my end so any insight would be helpful.

COZ

Post by COZ » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:50 pm

Maybe it's just me because I'm old & don't deal with change well, and I've tried to give it a chance, but the season hasn't even started & I've already had enough of this "millenial" blue as somone I know who shall remain nameless described it. Not a fan of the set line-up page either. I can't put my finger on it nor articulate what I don't like, it's just completely unappealing to me. The blue is annoying. The screen needs to be bigger I think. The STATS look & feel was far more appealing & intuitive to use. I'm worried how live scoring is going to look.
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:47 pm

COZ wrote:Maybe it's just me because I'm old & don't deal with change well, and I've tried to give it a chance, but the season hasn't even started & I've already had enough of this "millenial" blue as somone I know who shall remain nameless described it. Not a fan of the set line-up page either. I can't put my finger on it nor articulate what I don't like, it's just completely unappealing to me. The blue is annoying. The screen needs to be bigger I think. The STATS look & feel was far more appealing & intuitive to use. I'm worried how live scoring is going to look.
The entire interface needs to be overhauled.

While there have been some nice added features that are beneficial, the website as a whole has been pretty bad. I would’ve fired whoever designed it. They can start with this suggestion: forget having a mobile-only site. It’s not worth the effort. Design the site like it was under STATS. The menus were intuitive, the text fit well (i.e. no overlapping), no useless white space.

Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:52 am

Maybe it's because I'm young but I love the look of the new website, looks really modern. Draft room worked great, FAAB, looks much simpler to use, changing teams is very useful and menus are intuitive. I also love how the Own & Start % is just for the Main Event now has opposed to all leagues.

The one thing I've had a little trouble with is the set lineup but the clicking spots to switch players positions was less intuitive than the scroll down menu. I'll probably get used to it but it was a little confusing at the beginning, other than that I see a lot of positive.

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:19 am

COZ wrote:Maybe it's just me because I'm old & don't deal with change well, and I've tried to give it a chance, but the season hasn't even started & I've already had enough of this "millenial" blue as somone I know who shall remain nameless described it. Not a fan of the set line-up page either. I can't put my finger on it nor articulate what I don't like, it's just completely unappealing to me. The blue is annoying. The screen needs to be bigger I think. The STATS look & feel was far more appealing & intuitive to use. I'm worried how live scoring is going to look.
Amen

Rotofan18

Post by Rotofan18 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:10 am

Don't love the way it looks either, but my guess by the 2nd or 3rd week in we will all be used to it.
We are all creatures of habit especially as we get older. I prefer it so much better on the computer vs my phone. Instead of everything being crunched together it lays out better. Hopefully they get approval for their app sooner rather then later and all will be ok. Either way we are only 1 week away from real games and counting stats!!

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:22 am

Rotofan18 wrote:Don't love the way it looks either, but my guess by the 2nd or 3rd week in we will all be used to it.
We are all creatures of habit especially as we get older. I prefer it so much better on the computer vs my phone. Instead of everything being crunched together it lays out better. Hopefully they get approval for their app sooner rather then later and all will be ok. Either way we are only 1 week away from real games and counting stats!!
I tend to agree with this. I liked the visual style of the website I played on prior to the NFBC more (if nothing else) and it took me a while to adapt to the look I've become so accustomed to over the last seven years.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:29 am

mdecav wrote:Why am I seeing players who haven't played in the majors yet in the Free Agent pool?
This is no different than what we've always done. MLB 25-man rosters aren't finalized until after Opening Day, so all players are available for this first FAAB, no different than first FAAB we ran under STATS. By next Sunday all 25-man rosters will be finalized and anyone who hasn't played in the majors and wasn't drafted in your league will be excluded from free agency.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:39 am

I've said from the beginning that the inside pages are a work in progress and we will tweak the look and feel of them as we go forward. Like Coz, I'm not crazy about the "millenial blue" everywhere, but on certain links that tells you that you can click on it and it will open to a new page of data. That's why the players are blue, no different than they were at STATS.

The first step was to get all of the programming done, tested and live. So far so good. But now we need to tweak some of the inside pages that you folks will be staring at for hours on end for the next six months. I'm hopeful that we continue to get constructive feedback from our players both online and live in Las Vegas to make it perfect, as obviously we want this the way everyone wants it.

I agree that at the end of our reign with STATS we had a look that we all became accustomed to. But people talk about that and about the programming like it was like that for 14 years. It was always a work in progress. Not only the look of the NFBC site, but the workability of it. The first couple of years FAAB froze up during that last Sunday of FAAB many times, but by the later years we rarely had a hiccup. As for the look, it was pretty damn plain Jane as King of Queens posted before, but we tweaked the My Teams pages and other areas through the years.

We will do the same here. Design changes are much easier to make than programming changes and that's what we're looking at with the inside pages. Will we get used to the look if we don't do anything? Possibly. But why wouldn't we tweak it where we can? Again, constructive feedback is helpful, but everyone has their own personal ways to redecorate a house and I hope everyone understands that at the end of the day we all won't get it exactly the way we want it. But we'll tweak where needed to make this feel like home again. Sound good?
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:59 am

Seeing our whole roster without scrolling is a key.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:06 am

When I see Set Lineup I see a lot of "millenial" blue, but that's because each one of those are hyperlinks to the player or the team. I think the background was different on STATS, which gave it a slightly different look, but the functionality was the same.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Rotties

Post by Rotties » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:36 am

Like the new draft room for the most part but drag and drop for queued players is very annoying especially from laptop or phone. Rather have the arrows to move players up and down. Scroll on the right side of queued players should be moved to the other side since it's right next to the x that takes the player out of queue.

davetniagarafalls

Post by davetniagarafalls » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:48 am

There used to be a "Manage Teams" button which would allow you to prioritize/list your leagues to your preference. For example, I would like my higher priced leagues like the Main Event to be at the top, along with leagues that are FAAB as opposed to DC. Is there still a way to do that?
"Dont sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:10 am

davetniagarafalls wrote:There used to be a "Manage Teams" button which would allow you to prioritize/list your leagues to your preference. For example, I would like my higher priced leagues like the Main Event to be at the top, along with leagues that are FAAB as opposed to DC. Is there still a way to do that?
Drag 'n drop those teams within the category of the format. Right now you can't drag 'n drop the entire category of say Main Event or Draft Champions or Auctions, but you can move those teams within those contest formats. We'll see about moving the whole block above another block.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Roy's Outlaws

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:24 am

Greg, Is it possible to list the dropped player on the Fabb report ,next to the next highest bid. It's a pain in the a$$ , to try and find it ,in with all the roster moves each week.

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:15 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
mdecav wrote:Why am I seeing players who haven't played in the majors yet in the Free Agent pool?
This is no different than what we've always done. MLB 25-man rosters aren't finalized until after Opening Day, so all players are available for this first FAAB, no different than first FAAB we ran under STATS. By next Sunday all 25-man rosters will be finalized and anyone who hasn't played in the majors and wasn't drafted in your league will be excluded from free agency.
I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the info Greg!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:27 pm

Roy's Outlaws wrote:Greg, Is it possible to list the dropped player on the Fabb report ,next to the next highest bid. It's a pain in the a$$ , to try and find it ,in with all the roster moves each week.
You are talking about the reports we post on the Message Boards?? Our hope is to one day just have a link to all of the cuts and winning bids without manually posting these each week.

But no the reports do not come out that way for us to post. They come in FAAB pickups for every league and a separate list of cuts. Sorry.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Roy's Outlaws

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:19 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Roy's Outlaws wrote:Greg, Is it possible to list the dropped player on the Fabb report ,next to the next highest bid. It's a pain in the a$$ , to try and find it ,in with all the roster moves each week.
You are talking about the reports we post on the Message Boards?? Our hope is to one day just have a link to all of the cuts and winning bids without manually posting these each week.

But no the reports do not come out that way for us to post. They come in FAAB pickups for every league and a separate list of cuts. Sorry.[/

Greg, I found It under history in the tool bar. Has a drop down for player drops.