Chicago main from 15 hole

Cmatan44

Chicago main from 15 hole

Post by Cmatan44 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:14 am

This is my first year doing the Chicago live draft being held at the Sheraton Northbrook. It was a nice room with good food and drinks to go along with friendly competitors making this a must return for next year.

I kept my KDS at 1-15 wanting to get a pick near the top end of the draft.... With that being said i was the 15th selection and only the 15th spot was left so it was mine. My thoughts going in was to take Gary Sanchez and either Thor, Machado or JD Martinez... Lets see how the draft unfolded

1.15 Bryce Harper OF Was in shock he was still available so this was an easy choice

2.1 Gary Sanchez C Knew i was going to take him if he was available...normally punt catchers but couldn't pass on him

3.15 Jose Abreu 1B I wanted (buxton, benintendi, or Marte) to fall to me here but am happy to have Abreu

4.1 Robbie Ray P Humidor Factor jk should have another good year and didn't want to wait another 30 picks for the next tier of pitchers

5.15 Jean Segura SS Perfect fit does it all happy to have him

6.1 Corey Knebel P needed a top end closer 4 had been taking already (jansen, chapman, kimbrel and diaz)

7.15 Jon Lester P Still a horse on a great team, he should have a bounce back year

8.1 Andrew McCutchen OF Was close to pulling the trigger on Acuna here but couldn't pass on cutch

9.15 Domingo Santana OF Looking back maybe should've taken Polanco, deshields or Margot here

10.1 Joey Gallo 1B/3B His Adp in the 22 mains so far is 99 and got him at 136... ill take his .220 average with a chance at 45 home runs

11.15 Aaron Sanchez P Knew i wanted to get him hoping for a blister free year

12.1 Jonathan Villar 2B Going for the speed and upside here if he can return to 2016 version

13.15 Lance Lynn P I reached here wanted lamet who went pick before me

14.1 Michael Wacha P Always liked Wacha maybe he can put it all together this year

15.15 Jose Peraza 2B/SS Wanted another Speed guy to compliment villar and segura

16.1 Fernando Rodney P I know I dont really like this pick but needed a 2nd closer.. Will get plenty of chances as long as he has the job

17.15 Michael Brantley OF Health is a concern here, hoping he can get 450+ ABs,

18.1 Cole Hamels P maybe maybe he can put together a solid year

9.15 Albert Pujols UT I like the value here, couldn't pass him up

20.1 Max Kepler OF best outfielder left on my board

21.15 Sean Newcomb P Also knew I wanted him before the draft looking for him to breakout this year

22.1 Todd Frazier 3B Poor mans Joey Gallo doesn't really fit my team but couldn't pass hoping he can hit .250 this year with pop

23.15 Vince Velasquez P
24.1 Zach Britton P
25.15 Tucker Barnhart C
26.1 Tyler Mahle P
27.15 Eloy Jimenez OF
28.1 Wilmer Flores 1B/3B
29.15 Brandon Woodruff P
30.1Dustin Pedroia 2B

Overall I feel like I constructed a solid team with a powerful offense and hopefully my pitching can over achieve.. Made a few mistakes but also got lucky in a few spots. Should be a fun year can't wait for the season to start. Let me know what you guys think good or bad... Good luck this season
-Chris

California Aces

Re: Chicago main from 15 hole

Post by California Aces » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:27 pm

good luck!

COZ

Re: Chicago main from 15 hole

Post by COZ » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:58 am

Welcome to Chicago, Chris. Except for Jay Lyons, we have a good group of guys in Chicago. I did not get a chance to say hello but it's nice to have some fresh blood & to see some younger guys get involved. Hope to see you back again & maybe do the auction next year as well. Nice draft, tremendous power....will need to hit on some of your late pitching...Gallo late seemed unnecessary with the power you already built up so a pitcher there would have been nice or maybe a pitcher at 3 over Abreu to give you an anchor SP & a lower tier 1st baseman later, but I stink so what do I know. Good luck this year.
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci