New FAAB

rkulaski

New FAAB

Post by rkulaski » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:18 pm

It was so easy using the new faab today. Thanks Greg and Tom and Darik and IT team for the great work improving faab for this year.
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Gekko

Re: New FAAB

Post by Gekko » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:48 pm

agreed

Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:00 am

Agreed, love being able to copy a group and then replace the dropped player in the 2nd group and then drag and drop to change the order if needed.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:25 am

Okay, I'm going to piggyback on this thread and ask for input on the new FAAB software that was officially used for the first time last night. We are interested in knowing if it saved you time, how it saved you time or what still needs to be improved to save you time. I know that last request just opens a Pandora box of wild posts, but obviously our goal with the new FAAB is to save you time on Sundays, so all suggestions are welcome.

I know some folks didn't really need to use the Roster Watch on multiple teams last night because some changes were team specific right now, but let us know what you thought about the Roster Watch and tell others how that can really save you time. Darik is working closely with the programmers on that feature, so look for responses from him when it comes to the Roster Watch and all FAAB features.

Let's continue to fine-tune this software and make it the best in the industry for all sports. Time is money for all of you, so let's save you tons of time and money. I know we can do it.

Thanks for the comments so far, but keep 'em coming. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

The Union jacks

Post by The Union jacks » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:39 am

Worked really well, Greg.

Made it easy to be playing with numbers and checking for news on roster decisions right up to the deadline knowing i could change the top player in the chain with minimum fuss.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:40 am

Only put in a couple bids, but worked great. Like the functional changes implemented.

My only suggestion is to get rid of the prevalent use of drop-down menus here and throughout the site when there could be "one-click" direct links instead. On the FAAB page for example, I think with the old system we could just click on "P" or "1B", etc to sort by position; now we have to pull up the drop down menu and scroll for our selection. It's a small thing, but still an extra step that slows things down quite a bit when you want to quickly flip through all the positions.

Also, is there a setting to have watchlists specific to one team only? Going between NL-only, main event and 12-teamers, having watch list players flow through from one team to the next is just clutter. Plus, different teams have different needs even in the same format. I want each team to have it's own watchlist.

COZ

Post by COZ » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:59 am

FAAB was great. One thing I noticed that was a bit odd and different than before....and maybe Darik discussed this in his video with the waterfall effect, and I don't remember if this was done by choice or not, but.....

When you already have a bid string set up with values, if you decide to add conditional bids to the string, the newly-added conditional bids will automatically be added toward the top of the string at the highest dollar bid instead of at the bottom of the string as $1 players. Previously they would just go to the bottom as $1 bids, instead they are going to the top as high dollar bids and this requires going in and dragging these add-ons down to the bottom of the string. I would like for these typically last-minute add-ons just go to the bottom first instead as $1 players instead of at the highest bid level. That's the only thing I noticed that was a bit off for me. Otherwise, it was outstanding and easy to use.

Regarding set-line-up, I would like to see my whole team on 1 screen and not have to scroll to see the bench (this is on a computer, not mobile device) as Doughboys mentioned previously. The millenial blue is growing on me & I'm getting used to the layout of everything. "My Teams", "Set Line-up," "Free-Agents" & eventually "Live Scoring" need to be easier to find, these will be the most-used features & need to be 1 click and there type deals. I consistently keep struggling to find "Set-Line-up" button and always have to click like 2 or 3 buttons to get there. Minor stuff but gets annoying after awhile.
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

CASS

Post by CASS » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:05 am

Can someone highlight really quickly what exactly are the real time saver items that DID NOT exist last year? It seems the same as last year with a watch list after watching the teaching vid. There still no way to replicate a bid grouping automatically across leagues that allow faab. This would be the #1 time saver. Also since there is no report issues topic still i'll just throw in here - FAAB page - selecting the Pitching or Hitting tab filtered results incorrect shows all players.

Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:15 am

I think one nice feature would be to add a column called Last Week or whatever with the options "New", "Dropped" or "Free Agent" and allow to filter based on that column in the drop down menus.

This would allow to quickly see with Free Agents were dropped last week and might be of interest and also see which ones recently got called up and were added to the Free Agent pool. If I know that last week no one interested me, it would allow me to quickly look at only 20-30 players rather than go through the entire list of Free Agents again.

COZ

Post by COZ » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:44 am

CASS wrote:Can someone highlight really quickly what exactly are the real time saver items that DID NOT exist last year? It seems the same as last year with a watch list after watching the teaching vid. There still no way to replicate a bid grouping automatically across leagues that allow faab. This would be the #1 time saver. Also since there is no report issues topic still i'll just throw in here - FAAB page - selecting the Pitching or Hitting tab filtered results incorrect shows all players.
Really quickly.....the real time saver that did not exist last year is the watchlist, which allows you to create a mini-list and import it into your various leagues to see whom from your waychlist is available in each respective league. A video was created highlighting this. Replicating bid strings into each league I would think would be impossible given the differing availability of players in each league but that would be the ideal.
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

EA Sports

Post by EA Sports » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:58 am

Worked great! The only issue I saw was position eligibility. When bidding on E Escobar, a 3B only player, he was listed as a SS in the bid group. Better to fix this now as it will certainly cause a world of hurt for someone in the future.

EA
"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win" - Bobby Knight

Gates

Post by Gates » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:07 am

Worked great.
The only thing, when I trashed a players bid and wanted to continue working on my bids, its sent me back automatically to the free agent tab instead of staying on the bid tab.

Gaëtan
Go ahead, make my day...

CASS

Post by CASS » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:15 am

COZ wrote:
CASS wrote:Can someone highlight really quickly what exactly are the real time saver items that DID NOT exist last year? It seems the same as last year with a watch list after watching the teaching vid. There still no way to replicate a bid grouping automatically across leagues that allow faab. This would be the #1 time saver. Also since there is no report issues topic still i'll just throw in here - FAAB page - selecting the Pitching or Hitting tab filtered results incorrect shows all players.
Really quickly.....the real time saver that did not exist last year is the watchlist, which allows you to create a mini-list and import it into your various leagues to see whom from your waychlist is available in each respective league. A video was created highlighting this. Replicating bid strings into each league I would think would be impossible given the differing availability of players in each league but that would be the ideal.
Thanks Coz. The watchlist is a 'nice to have' imo. I do not think replicating bid strings would be impossible at all - probably not a layup but copy the bid groups and remove unavailable players from the string.

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:32 pm

I loved the FAAB results page showing who was dropped as well. That saved me time to looking to see who was dropped. Still need to mess with it more, but def seemed seemless transition and something that will learn more about and shave off time.

fwicker

Post by fwicker » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:35 pm

I like the changes! One minor point is that using drag and drop on an iPad doesn’t always work well. Maybe up and down arrows in addition would solve that.
"You can observe a lot by watching" - Yogi Berra

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:40 pm

Doctor Who wrote:I loved the FAAB results page showing who was dropped as well. That saved me time to looking to see who was dropped. Still need to mess with it more, but def seemed seemless transition and something that will learn more about and shave off time.

Totally agree this was the nicest addition for me so far. Great job!

Chthroop

Post by Chthroop » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:05 pm

Derik, please see my note in the other thread, need the ability to show stats for Free agents by a defined time period. For example YTD, Last 30 Days, Last 2 Weeks, Last Week. This allow us to see role changes easily. Also per above a "date entered" column that shows when dropped or when added via call up would be great. Also, can you put the team name on the page?

this is a great start, let's get it polished!

thanks so much
Chris

Gates

Post by Gates » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:03 pm

Gates wrote:Worked great.
The only thing, when I trashed a players bid and wanted to continue working on my bids, its sent me back automatically to the free agent tab instead of staying on the bid tab.

Gaëtan
Once again on the free agent bid page, in a bid with multiple alternate players, when I drag a player for example from 3rd to 2nd alternate, I get kicked out after one change and send back to the free agent page. Can this be corrected?

Gaëtan

Nevermind, it stopped doing it.

EDIT: this issue will only occur when you did not identify a drop player. System will bring you back to the free agent page. As soon as you put in your player to drop, you can do all the manipulation you want with your ranking without issue.
Go ahead, make my day...

Big League Wood

Post by Big League Wood » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:40 pm

Did y’all post the FAAB results somewhere?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:10 pm

Big League Wood wrote:Did y’all post the FAAB results somewhere?
On your team page, go to Transactions and pull down to FAAB Results.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Big League Wood

Post by Big League Wood » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:38 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
I was curious if you guys post all the FAAB results for all leagues in a cumulative post? Is that just One Line Championship Leagues? I have auctions and 1 Sat Lite League...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:16 pm

Big League Wood wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
I was curious if you guys post all the FAAB results for all leagues in a cumulative post? Is that just One Line Championship Leagues? I have auctions and 1 Sat Lite League...
We have always done it that way. Let me see if there's a way to do that yet.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius