Draft Champions Leagues: Set Your Queues NOW!!

Greg Ambrosius

Draft Champions Leagues: Set Your Queues NOW!!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:44 pm

Okay, we have several NFBC Draft Champions leagues that have 10 or more rounds to go in the next three days. We are going to finish every single league, so be prepared for your next picks.

We have most leagues down to 1 hour per pick now. The software is set up so that if we go under 1 hour owners don't get emails of every pick and there is no Pause at night. This is going to force many of you to start using the Queue and to put your players in that Queue. We've been pushed to the limit here and thus there will be some auto picks if you aren't prepared.

We will send out an email to the affected leagues shortly, but again everyone has to be prepared to at least have your top players in the Queue. Put lots of them in there and let's finish these drafts. Here we go.

Thanks all and good luck.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Josh R

Re: Draft Champions Leagues: Set Your Queues NOW!!

Post by Josh R » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:57 am

There was an error in our league. I think it must have been set to like 10 seconds. Last night we were in round 41. This morning EVERY pick from round 41 on was an auto pick. Please fix this. League 491

Josh R

Post by Josh R » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:06 am

Never mind, I guess I can see how its not a mistake. Once you miss a pick you go on auto, then everyone misses a pick, the draft happens in five mins.

Its still BS. I last checked my team at about 230 AM last night. I woke up this morning and the draft is done. I totally get the lowering the clock but when its done the forced auto pick should be turned off. Not that I would have got 10 useful players out of those last 10 rounds, I still would have got 1 or 2 players who would probably get some decent playing time.

Waznew

Post by Waznew » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:35 am

I agree. My DC must have autopicked more than 10 rounds to the draft's conclusion overnight. I now have no backup catchers and a short pitching staff.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:27 am

Really glad I stuck 20 players in my queue.
I wasn’t aware of this message from NFBC (I’m sure at least half those in my league don’t even read the forums) so I was surprised to see the clock running at 05:45 CT today.

Only a couple of rounds had gone thru since I went to sleep earlier. I wasn’t on forced auto draft as I had already set Auto-2 like a couple of other owners. Those “good” drafters made it so not everyone was on forced auto draft because their turns came up and still ran a 30-min clock. I got to make a live pick and then still had time to check roster resource for last minute additions to starting rotations.

I have no complaints about the clock changes because I was prepared but I’ll bet 8-10 others in my league are PISSED to see the last 3 rounds were completed while they thought the clock was paused.

We keep telling these guys to learn to fill your queue and at least sometimes use Auto-1.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:39 am

They sent out an email. Also you have 10 rds left and 2 days to do it. And the pace of 2 rds a day the leagues were going at wasn't gunna get done so this is what happens when people jack around and don't make picks. Everyone should have known this was coming.

Daren E

Post by Daren E » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:26 am

I had suggested to Tom and Greg that a fair compromise for straggling leagues would be to set the clock at 30 minutes during the day with auto after 1 timeout but then set it back to 1 hour overnight so that you only go on auto after 2 timeouts. There was really no need to force 80 picks on auto in our draft on Monday night overnight while everybody was sleeping and essentially end the draft when there was still 2 more drafting days left until opening day. I got lucky because while I only had about 10 guys in the Q, about 5 of them were lesser known players so I got 5 of those guys awarded overnight. But I still don't think that was necessary at that point in the draft to basically force it to finish on Monday night/early the next morning.
Daren E
NFFC Charter Member
5-Time Live League Champion/Las Vegas