Glenneration X

Greg Would Like to Announce One Last Main Tomorrow Morning

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:50 pm

He asked me to post it.

1. Glenn Lowy

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Greg Would Like to Announce One Last Main Tomorrow Morni

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:19 pm

Glenneration X wrote:He asked me to post it.

1. Glenn Lowy
I'm taking you to seek psychiatric help tomorrow!! :lol: I'll pick you up at 9:00, just when you think we're drafting. It's for your own good.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:20 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Glenneration X wrote:He asked me to post it.

1. Glenn Lowy
I'm taking you to seek psychiatric help tomorrow!! :lol: I'll pick you up at 9:00, just when you think we're drafting. It's for your own good.
:D

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:09 am

I'm in! Why not? Might as well have one more last minute, Main Event add-on league filled with guppies and watered down competition (no pun intended). :roll: :P And I can't help but notice that Main Event overall prize hasn't gone up in how many years now? I think it's time and long overdue especially with all the sell outs every year and all of the added revenue the NFBC has been making as a result that some of it is put back into the contest prize money. The cost of living has gone up at least 20% since the last prize increase which easily justifies an overall prize increase to $150,000.

In this photo: Scott Fleming at last night's last on-line Main Event
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:49 am

Baseball Furies wrote:I'm in! Why not? Might as well have one more last minute, Main Event add-on league filled with guppies and watered down competition (no pun intended). :roll: :P And I can't help but notice that Main Event overall prize hasn't gone up in how many years now? I think it's time and long overdue especially with all the sell outs every year and all of the added revenue the NFBC has been making as a result that some of it is put back into the contest prize money. The cost of living has gone up at least 20% since the last prize increase which easily justifies an overall prize increase to $150,000.

Hey Mikey, in this picture which number guppy are you?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:28 am

Don't worry MTM, this year's Main Event overall prizes will be increased to reflect the two extra leagues we added this year. They will go to the overall prize pool, but the top spot won't be affected. We have done that every year we've exceeded expectations and I'm very proud of the increased prizes we've added to 2nd-11th overall through the years. It was always important to boost not only 1st place overall but the secondary overall prizes too and we've done that through the years.

I know there are some who think increasing one big prize another $25,000 makes sense as we grow, but it's really not our main focus. In fact, if I could increase the top league prize even more I think it would have more meaning than paying one more person a bigger check. I mean if you beat 14 other people -- which is what you need to do to even sniff the $125,000 grand prize -- it's a huge accomplishment. So I'd like to see if we can do that at some point. We haven't increased that league prize since boosting entries to $1600 and that will be my main focus for 2019.

Not really the place for this discussion, but since we were called out for not keeping up with the cost of living I thought I'd respond here. We can discuss on another thread as I have some thoughts on this plan already. Thanks all and enjoy the season ahead.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:21 am

Baseball Furies wrote:I'm in! Why not? Might as well have one more last minute, Main Event add-on league filled with guppies and watered down competition (no pun intended). :roll: :P And I can't help but notice that Main Event overall prize hasn't gone up in how many years now? I think it's time and long overdue especially with all the sell outs every year and all of the added revenue the NFBC has been making as a result that some of it is put back into the contest prize money. The cost of living has gone up at least 20% since the last prize increase which easily justifies an overall prize increase to $150,000.

I agree with MtM, time to stretch the prize pool to 432d place Mouth's coming in the $ this year !

benzame7531

Post by benzame7531 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:09 am

Was it ever announced what the Main Event Prizes were increased to?