Live Scoring

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Live Scoring

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:33 pm

simonscrew wrote:Greg,
It is and I see that when a game is finished all the info is there, but when the game is still being played it only show runs scored per inning and who the active pitchers are. Better than nothing, but I guess there are a few more pressing issues such as losing our ability to move locked players to accommodate for the late games. Overall getting use to new format, may just take some more time though. Thanks for all that you and Tom and everyone behind the scenes are doing.
That is the way our stats provider is giving us that info and we know it's less than ideal. We are making a call for more timely MLB Scoreboard information. We didn't expect that either. We're reaching out and hope to improve that page from our stats provider. Stay tuned.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:06 pm

Having all your teams in a specific contest highlighted when looking at overall standings is a long overdue and much welcome improvement

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:07 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Navel Lint wrote:Everything looks great.

I would like to see AB's and IP's added. It could be for the individual stat lines, or with the Totals.

But great job so far..............
Look under Stats, Team Stats.

I would like to see it on the live stats page.

My pitchers have a combined 9.00era. I can't tell if its 2er in 2 inns or 9er in 9 inns.

It's 9 in 9 :twisted:
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:57 pm

Navel Lint wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:

I would like to see AB's and IP's added. It could be for the individual stat lines, or with the Totals.

I would like to see it on the live stats page.

My pitchers have a combined 9.00era. I can't tell if its 2er in 2 inns or 9er in 9 inns.

It's 9 in 9 :twisted:
plus one on this there is so much empty space on that page. IP, hits, walks, ER for pitchers. AB and hits for hitters

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:29 pm

I'm guessing this another design decision based on how things look on the mobile platform.

Dustmite

Post by Dustmite » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:49 pm

Yah Mule wrote:I'm guessing this another design decision based on how things look on the mobile platform.
Certainly seems mobile-format driven, and I really am not enjoying all of the blank space when using a computer. It is very displeasing aesthetically for a page that I am going to look at for probably over 500 hours these next few months. I really hope we can achieve a better balance. Having to click on each individual player's daily ratio to see additional information is going to waste soooooo much time over the course of the season.
RotoSaurus.com

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:05 pm

Dustmite wrote:
Yah Mule wrote:I'm guessing this another design decision based on how things look on the mobile platform.
Certainly seems mobile-format driven, and I really am not enjoying all of the blank space when using a computer. It is very displeasing aesthetically for a page that I am going to look at for probably over 500 hours these next few months. I really hope we can achieve a better balance. Having to click on each individual player's daily ratio to see additional information is going to waste soooooo much time over the course of the season.
Agreed. The click on the name option is an unacceptable substitute. I understand catering to mobile users during draft season and fully supported anything that encouraged people to draft more expeditiously. But for everyday scoring, there should be something more aesthetically pleasing and more functional.

Money

Post by Money » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:34 pm

Let's stop sugar coating this, live scoring needs a lot of work. I like a lot of what's here but there is a lot of work to do.
Joe

Donnie Baseball

Post by Donnie Baseball » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:37 pm

There are many stats not showing up. Ian Happ shows no stats for the day along with many other players. I hope we can get updated numbers soon.

marknym

Post by marknym » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:08 pm

new live scoring is not cool. Where's the option to see a full stat line? I don't want to see only the rotisserie categories. and agree with those who have said there is too much blank space. hope this gets improved, thanks.
Mark Evans

croakerkane

Post by croakerkane » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:16 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:

Somewhere we need to have a running count of our FANTASY innings pitched. I know 1,000 isn't hard to get to, but still....

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:46 am

Greg, Tom, Darik, Anyone is there a spot where the live scoring show all my players on all my different teams in one spot? So I don't have to go to each and every league to see stats for different players in different leagues? Not a huge deal just a feature that would be really cool if not available yet. No need to push this up the to do list but maybe a suggestion in the off season when there is a little more time.
Thanks

tema213

Post by tema213 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:58 am

It's going to take me a bit of time to get used to the new layout but definitely has some features I like. My biggest request, and others have mentioned, is to add totals on the daily live scoring page and at bats for hitters and IP and ER for pitchers so you can better understand the rate stats.

croakerkane

Post by croakerkane » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:23 am

Friday hitter changes are not reflected in the live scoring. Will the stats for these players still be counted for the weekend?

atabakin

Post by atabakin » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:03 pm

croakerkane wrote:Friday hitter changes are not reflected in the live scoring. Will the stats for these players still be counted for the weekend?
Yeah, same question... Wouldn't be thrilled to be screwed out of a few games of Harper, Hamilton, Zimmerman, etc because of yesterday's rainout.

EDIT: I see this has been addressed in another thread

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:16 pm

croakerkane wrote:Friday hitter changes are not reflected in the live scoring. Will the stats for these players still be counted for the weekend?
Of course. On it.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Atlas

Post by Atlas » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:51 pm

Blake Parker save from yesterday showing under his individual, but not reflected in team totals.

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:09 pm

Im not seeing the second Pirates game showing up in live scoring.

Cotton1

Post by Cotton1 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:15 pm

If the days or periods stats could simply be totaled....
rusty
"can i call you rusty?"

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:22 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Im not seeing the second Pirates game showing up in live scoring.

Actually these stats are showing

damien p

Post by damien p » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:30 pm

Pit/Det second game stats not showing for me as well
damien passalacqua

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:42 pm

Cotton1 wrote:If the days or periods stats could simply be totaled....
They will be. That’s a top priority.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Rotofan18

Post by Rotofan18 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:26 pm

damien p wrote:Pit/Det second game stats not showing for me as well

same here

**** check that they are not under day stats but show under period stats*********

CASS

League Pages / Live Scoring

Post by CASS » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:13 pm

Can we remove the league details section (we know what league we are in) and the KDS preferences section from league home pages. This would shift the standings up

Live Scoring has multiple issues - no daily totals, period totals are at the top (??) and the page formatting is really bad, use different background or grid formatting for totals. This is basic stuff. This is way worse than we had previously and that's scary.

Brock

Post by Brock » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:47 pm

everything used to be so easy. now I have no clue whats going on. I'm all for progress but this is a total cluster. HELP