Live Scoring

CASS

Re: Live Scoring

Post by CASS » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:00 pm

It's one thing to have issues with say a double header not showing properly in live scoring etc those things are at least 1 offs. But when you actually deploy a product where something as basic as formatting and totals aren't working....it's simply not acceptable.

Yah Mule

Re: League Pages / Live Scoring

Post by Yah Mule » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:40 pm

CASS wrote:Can we remove the league details section (we know what league we are in) and the KDS preferences section from league home pages. This would shift the standings up.
Thank you.

I'm fairly certain you've isolated the source of my tension headache. That now obsolete and superfluous page somehow annoys me more than anything else.

marknym

Post by marknym » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:01 pm

Brock wrote:everything used to be so easy. now I have no clue whats going on. I'm all for progress but this is a total cluster. HELP
one unintended benefit of all this :D is that I'm checking my live scoring a less, which I'm sure my family appreciates. :D
Last edited by marknym on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Evans

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:42 pm

Looked at live scoring page in someone's account. Words cannot really describe this disaster. Be very curious to see how quickly improvements are made prior to football. Here to help if you want fellas. This is horrific and must be fixed. This is the cream of the crop in baseball competitions. Time to have software that lines up with that.

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:47 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:Looked at live scoring page in someone's account. Words cannot really describe this disaster. Be very curious to see how quickly improvements are made prior to football. Here to help if you want fellas. This is horrific and must be fixed. This is the cream of the crop in baseball competitions. Time to have software that lines up with that.

Good luck Chad. We have had promises of better IT for years and continue to be misled with disappointment after disappointment. I believed in Greg and Tom this year after being assured that it would be better only to misled again and makes me feel lied to, which I thought they were better than that. I felt like I had been patient enough before going off yesterday. Maybe football will matter to them as already losing future business on the baseball side of things because of the unusable “improvements.”

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:55 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:Looked at live scoring page in someone's account. Words cannot really describe this disaster. Be very curious to see how quickly improvements are made prior to football. Here to help if you want fellas. This is horrific and must be fixed. This is the cream of the crop in baseball competitions. Time to have software that lines up with that.
Thanks Chad. We are implementing updates to Live Scoring and Team Stats as we speak. I think when we add Today and Yesterday pulldowns to Team Stats it will be a fantastic page. Did we have Today's Stats and Yesterday's stats when we launched this weekend? No. But we are adding them now.

Live Scoring will also have the daily totals as well. Look for Live Scoring updates shortly.

Football will have every feature that baseball is adding now.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:03 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Thanks Chad. We are implementing updates to Live Scoring and Team Stats as we speak. I think when we add Today and Yesterday pulldowns to Team Stats it will be a fantastic page. Did we have Today's Stats and Yesterday's stats when we launched this weekend? No. But we are adding them now.

Live Scoring will also have the daily totals as well. Look for Live Scoring updates shortly.

Yup. The Team Stats page, in particular, is a huge improvement over what we had with STATS and you'll see that for all contests. Stats being updated in real time is a big improvement. We will get more filtering options on that page and as John Pausma said the other day it's so good you may never leave it. :)

So lots of great stuff already in place and more on the way.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:25 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:

Yup. The Team Stats page, in particular, is a huge improvement over what we had with STATS and you'll see that for all contests. Stats being updated in real time is a big improvement. We will get more filtering options on that page and as John Pausma said the other day it's so good you may never leave it. :)

So lots of great stuff already in place and more on the way.
Ha - that's a bit out of context. I don't want to leave the Team Stats Page because it looks so much better than the rest! Add daily to the Team Stats page and I would never go to the live stats page. So much wrong with that one. But hey - at least we can see the player number.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:31 pm

JohnP wrote: Ha - that's a bit out of context. I don't want to leave the Team Stats Page because it looks so much better than the rest! Add daily to the Team Stats page and I would never go to the live stats page. So much wrong with that one. But hey - at least we can see the player number.
Not anymore. Sorry John :)

Apologies if I took the comment out of context but I stand behind how great that page is and how much of an enormous upgrade it is over what we had with STATS. There are also changes occurring now on the Live Scoring page that are great as well.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:38 pm

No more player numbers!!!

Yesterday and Today filters are coming to the Team Stats page. Almost ready.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:56 pm

Live Stats Page suggestions:

1) Totals - should be at bottom. You have to scroll down to see P totals anyways. Logical is for total to be at bottom of the range.

2) Hit Stats - why not put them in the same order that we used to have and same order that nearly every box score reads? Also on hit stats - no need to have a 1-4 read .2500. .250 seems good.

3) Pitch stats - again, why not put them in logical box score order?

4) Average / WHIP / ERA - why are these in blue? You click on it only to see what you already have seen on that same line? Black is good. Readability is good. Excess white space = bad.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:06 pm

JohnP wrote:Live Stats Page suggestions:

1) Totals - should be at bottom. You have to scroll down to see P totals anyways. Logical is for total to be at bottom of the range.

2) Hit Stats - why not put them in the same order that we used to have and same order that nearly every box score reads? Also on hit stats - no need to have a 1-4 read .2500. .250 seems good.

3) Pitch stats - again, why not put them in logical box score order?

4) Average / WHIP / ERA - why are these in blue? You click on it only to see what you already have seen on that same line? Black is good. Readability is good. Excess white space = bad.
1) It's the first thing you see at the top.

2) Yes, that order is going to change on Live Scoring as it has already changed on Team Stats.

3) Yes again

4) Those pop out a box with those game stats. Not all of those stats show up on mobile, so there is more information available there for mobile users.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

MadCow Sez

Post by MadCow Sez » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:33 pm

Is live scoring going to reflect points like it used to under Stats where we can see the impact? The raw data is OK, but I'd like to be able to see if an HR or SB is going to have an impact on the big picture in the league
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby

Ichiban

Post by Ichiban » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:27 pm

Please include at-bats and innings pitched in the mobile live stats. Without at-bats there is no distinction between a player who has gone 0-7 that day and a player who is sitting out, as both show 0-0-0-0-.0000

Money

Post by Money » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:37 pm

There have been some great improvements to live scoring in the past week. To put it simply there is a very long ways to go. Please call me if you would like me to help.
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:25 am

Ichiban wrote:Please include at-bats and innings pitched in the mobile live stats. Without at-bats there is no distinction between a player who has gone 0-7 that day and a player who is sitting out, as both show 0-0-0-0-.0000
Michael, there's only so much space on a phone for live scoring data. We are already showing seven columns of data on the phone, including the five Rotisserie categories. You can click on the average button and a separate window will pop out that shows that player went 0-7 that day. You can do the same with ERA and WHIP as well.

With 3,000+ unique customers, everyone wants their own version of what should be displayed, both on the desktop and the phone. But we're limited on space for the phone, so it has to be a little more limited with the data and that's why you're not seeing extra categories there.

Hope that helps in understanding the phone display for Live Scoring.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:28 am

MadCow Sez wrote:Is live scoring going to reflect points like it used to under Stats where we can see the impact? The raw data is OK, but I'd like to be able to see if an HR or SB is going to have an impact on the big picture in the league
I'm not sure I follow this question Dan. There is a +/- change column on League Standings and that changes in real-time and each category also has a +/- column on League Standings. But there isn't a category like that on Live Scoring. Is that what you are asking for on Live Scoring?

You are right, it's not set up that way on Live Scoring, but just let me know if that's what you're referring to. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:34 am

Money wrote:There have been some great improvements to live scoring in the past week. To put it simply there is a very long ways to go. Please call me if you would like me to help.
Please keep showing Chad your Live Scoring page improvements so that hopefully we can go from "horrible" to "not so horrible." We will take any improved ratings we can get!!

Here's one question I do have, since in the past you always talked about the speed of Live Scoring. It seems like Live Scoring updates are happening faster, but let me know if you're seeing better results in the speed of Live Scoring or not. Is there any difference from past years? We can always talk about tweaking the display of the data, but the real question is whether the data is arriving any faster or better than before. Or even as fast as past years. Is the performance the same or improved or worse?

Thanks all for any input.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:53 am

The layout at Stats was very acceptable. Many have already stated that we need the daily totals and YTD totals on the live page.

I think Dan was getting at seeing live updates by category. I have not seen that but may be missing it. There was live scoring by category. Is that there now?

Live scoring is all about instant gratification. We want to very easily see the immediate impact any new stat coming in has. As for the speed of the incoming stats I have found it to be very good although I am on vacation and have not followed it as religiously as I have in the past.
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:10 pm

Money wrote:The layout at Stats was very acceptable. Many have already stated that we need the daily totals and YTD totals on the live page.

I think Dan was getting at seeing live updates by category. I have not seen that but may be missing it. There was live scoring by category. Is that there now?

Live scoring is all about instant gratification. We want to very easily see the immediate impact any new stat coming in has. As for the speed of the incoming stats I have found it to be very good although I am on vacation and have not followed it as religiously as I have in the past.
Daily totals are on Live Scoring, but there isn't a Year To Date total on Live Scoring or on Team Stats yet. We will request that.

Live category updates are on Live Standings. That is for your seasonal totals in all 10 categories.

Good to know about the speed.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

marknym

Post by marknym » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:07 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Ichiban wrote:Please include at-bats and innings pitched in the mobile live stats. Without at-bats there is no distinction between a player who has gone 0-7 that day and a player who is sitting out, as both show 0-0-0-0-.0000
Michael, there's only so much space on a phone for live scoring data. We are already showing seven columns of data on the phone, including the five Rotisserie categories. You can click on the average button and a separate window will pop out that shows that player went 0-7 that day. You can do the same with ERA and WHIP as well.

With 3,000+ unique customers, everyone wants their own version of what should be displayed, both on the desktop and the phone. But we're limited on space for the phone, so it has to be a little more limited with the data and that's why you're not seeing extra categories there.

I'll second Michael's request then. I have to believe most owners would like these extra columns in mobile scoring, otherwise mobile scoring will be something I'm not going to check often. I feel the AB/H context is crucial to live scoring's utility.
Mark Evans

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:28 pm

marknym wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:

I'll second Michael's request then. I have to believe most owners would like these extra columns in mobile scoring, otherwise mobile scoring will be something I'm not going to check often. I feel the AB/H context is crucial to live scoring's utility.
+1

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:16 pm

If we can just get the app approved through the iTunes and Google stores it's possible that the app will have all of the data you want to see. We have two teams working on that process now.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:25 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Money wrote:The layout at Stats was very acceptable. Many have already stated that we need the daily totals and YTD totals on the live page.

Daily totals are on Live Scoring, but there isn't a Year To Date total on Live Scoring or on Team Stats yet. We will request that.

Live category updates are on Live Standings. That is for your seasonal totals in all 10 categories.

Good to know about the speed.
It would be much better if live standings and live daily scoring were together.

The stats themselves are appearing simultaneously with the games, which is fantastic.
Joe

marknym

Post by marknym » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:34 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:If we can just get the app approved through the iTunes and Google stores it's possible that the app will have all of the data you want to see. We have two teams working on that process now.
Would be good.

Also a suggestion re: the AB/H and perhaps IP/H/BB stats being added to live scoring. I know I've seen it somewhere, I think perhaps it's baseball reference... when you turn your phone to landscape mode, the additional stats appear in the additional horizontal screen real estate. It's a nifty feature. I'm not a programmer so I don't know what it involves, just throwing out something I've seen work, since you said the space on the screen is an issue.
Mark Evans