Moving Players Positions After Their Game is Locked

DOUGHBOYS

Moving Players Positions After Their Game is Locked

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:46 am

We were able to move players positionally after their games had started last year.
This feature seems to be not present with our rosters this year.
Is this correct? And if so, can it be changed?
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Moving Players Positions After Their Game is Locked

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:58 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:We were able to move players positionally after their games had started last year.
This feature seems to be not present with our rosters this year.
Is this correct? And if so, can it be changed?
I will ask.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:59 pm

This is a feature we did not have in the early years with STATS, but they did a nice job the last 3-4 years in getting this installed for baseball. It was much more complicated in football, but it was possible to do it there as well the last 3-4 years. I don't think we communicated this feature to the IT team, but we did forward this message today. Let's get through Live Scoring and see what we can do on this. I'll take the blame for not remembering this nice feature and not having it on Day 1 of the 2018 NFBC season. But we are discussing now.

Thanks for the reminder. We missed this function.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:33 pm

Thanks Greg!
On my tombstone-

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:31 pm

Please take the time on Friday to set your starting lineups because it's unlikely that the feature mentioned here will be done by then. So before locking in early game players, check out your options with your current starters and give yourself as much flexibility as possible. This isn't an easy add-on, so plan accordingly. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Oaktown

Post by Oaktown » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:25 pm

This one is super important as it can actually affect standings, especially if teams don't know this is not an option. Moving guys around is a definite must. Thanks Greg.

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:11 am

I want to quickly second the sentiment that this is a very important issue. The ability to move players from eligible position to eligible position after they are locked into the starting lineup was a great addition last season and I really hope it can be restored quickly this season. This capability impacts how we manage our teams every scoring period, and without it we may get stuck with players on our bench that we'd like to move into our starting lineups but now are unable to do so. I may be in the minority on this, but restoring this capability - which impacts our ability to accumulate stats - seems more important than various live scoring features in late-March or early-April. Just my two cents. Thanks.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:24 am

Oaktown wrote:This one is super important as it can actually affect standings, especially if teams don't know this is not an option. Moving guys around is a definite must. Thanks Greg.
We understand. We understand.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

davetniagarafalls

Post by davetniagarafalls » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:46 am

Hi Greg! I am not trying to sound sarcastic here, but i don't this as being a "nice" feature. I think it is an essential feature so thank you for working to get it implemented. Otherwise, it adds hours to the workload for owners with lots of teams. With some teams playing for the first time this period on Saturday, we can be making lineups changes Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Monday and Tuesday. And much of it is busy work without this feature. Thanks so much, Dave
"Dont sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:21 pm

davetniagarafalls wrote:Hi Greg! I am not trying to sound sarcastic here, but i don't this as being a "nice" feature. I think it is an essential feature so thank you for working to get it implemented. Otherwise, it adds hours to the workload for owners with lots of teams. With some teams playing for the first time this period on Saturday, we can be making lineups changes Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Monday and Tuesday. And much of it is busy work without this feature. Thanks so much, Dave
We understand. We understand. But blame me. Or Tom. Or anyone here. We missed this "feature". We will add it, but it's not an easy add. We are going to get this added, but it's going to take some time. Everyone is at the same disadvantage and we apologize. It's on us for missing this, but we understand its great value.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:49 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
davetniagarafalls wrote:Hi Greg! I am not trying to sound sarcastic here, but i don't this as being a "nice" feature. I think it is an essential feature so thank you for working to get it implemented. Otherwise, it adds hours to the workload for owners with lots of teams. With some teams playing for the first time this period on Saturday, we can be making lineups changes Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Monday and Tuesday. And much of it is busy work without this feature. Thanks so much, Dave
We understand. We understand. But blame me. Or Tom. Or anyone here. We missed this "feature". We will add it, but it's not an easy add. We are going to get this added, but it's going to take some time. Everyone is at the same disadvantage and we apologize. It's on us for missing this, but we understand its great value.
We can't blame Tom, he's a newly minted Hall of Famer! :D
We're letting him soak it in.
We'll wait till next week to get back on him. :D
On my tombstone-

blibros

Post by blibros » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:54 pm

Understand u r doing your best to have this important feature reimplemented. Could we ask that updates be provided, perhaps in the weekly NFBC email. Not every week if still many weeks away, just occasional notes when you know something

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:56 pm

blibros wrote:Understand u r doing your best to have this important feature reimplemented. Could we ask that updates be provided, perhaps in the weekly NFBC email. Not every week if still many weeks away, just occasional notes when you know something
Of course we will. We have a list of items on the To-Do List and will update as we knock them off and give future updates on this important feature. We'll try to keep everyone informed.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:12 am

Today?

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:02 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote: Everyone is at the same disadvantage and we apologize.
This is not particularly true.
All drafters were under the impression that we would have this as the season began.
They drafted multi-positional players with this in mind.
It is less advantageous, now, for these players.
Hopefully this comes back sooner than later.
On my tombstone-

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:39 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote: Everyone is at the same disadvantage and we apologize.
This is not particularly true.
All drafters were under the impression that we would have this as the season began.
They drafted multi-positional players with this in mind.
It is less advantageous, now, for these players.
Hopefully this comes back sooner than later.

Please!!!!

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:48 am

Today?

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:15 am

JohnP wrote:Today?
Possibly an ETA?
On my tombstone-

acesfull23

Post by acesfull23 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:32 pm

It's really crazy to me that there are meetings and enhancements and whatever else taking place and we can't get an update on the one item that is hurting the integrity of the product. This is not a feature. It's not visually appealing. It is a fundamental piece of the contests that is having a negative impact on expected value of anyone that used the strategy of valuing multi-position eligibility and the flexibility it provides when setting lineup before or after games are locked. People drafted their teams based on the assumption that this would be in place. How is this not absolutely, without-a-doubt, the number 1 priority?

Even if the update is that there has been no progress. It's better than wondering if the team is just waiting for this to be forgotten about.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:14 am

This is absolutely, positively the No. 1 item on our To Do List. That being said, it's the most complicated addition to complete, especially with thousands of lineups being set each week. It's not an easy in-season add. Unfortunately, it's going to take some time to complete it. We have completed a lot of tweaks and added some new features over the last three weeks, but we knew this one would take the most time to complete and thus got the other items done first.

We are also working with STATS right now to get all of our past data for all sports along with all of the past Message Board posts for all sports. I know that's not as critical to NFBC owners as this tool, but it's something that HAS to get done as our tenure with STATS is now officially over. All of our Message Boards are still part of the STATS server and this has to be moved over to a new platform very shortly or we may lose everything. Getting all past teams and seasons in our possession is a big priority this week as well. And then we still haven't launched football yet because of all the work we're doing on baseball, but hopefully that will happen on Thursday.

I'll update when we have more news on this tool, but it's absolutely at the top of our NFBC list.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:19 am

This is a huge issue that has affected many teams so far. This problem is affecting how season and standings are going to turn out. We have lost a month of our multi eligible position players that were drafted at certain points in the draft because of this eligibility. So someone that we bumped up a few spots is actually hurting us because we were unaware that this wasn't going to be available. I understand it's a big fix but it really is a fix that needs to be done asap as it is affecting the outcomes of our contests.
And at this point when most of us have thousands of dollars wrapped up in BASEBALL leagues and we are a month in with 5 to go I could care less if football gets rolled out Thursday. Get baseball right so the already thousands of paid customers can compete the way we should be able to.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:20 pm

Its been a month since the season began and IT was made aware of the gaffe.
Any progress?
On my tombstone-

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:32 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:Its been a month since the season began and IT was made aware of the gaffe.
Any progress?

Nope

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:07 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:Its been a month since the season began and IT was made aware of the gaffe.
Any progress?
We did not get it done in time to launch at the start of this week, but we are doing final testing this week and hope to have good news soon. We have to make sure that it works as expected without interrupting any Set Lineup features while 10,000+ teams are setting their lineups during the week. Look for an update soon.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:35 pm

While it is thought of as a 'feature', it is necessary.
Without it, there has been considerable time wasted in filling lineups.
I submit my lineups for the 20+ teams, then go back through those teams and make sure that 'Late' playing players are set in U, MI, and CI, roles in case there is late news on a player.
The pain in the assage is severe.
On my tombstone-