Let's Compile The Latest Updates In This Thread

Red Sox Nation-

Re: Let's Compile The Latest Updates In This Thread

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:11 pm

I'm seeing multiple instances where the players position changes once you add them to a free agent thread.

For ex- Jose Reyes appears at the correct 2B/SS/3B in free agency. Once you add him to a thread only SS shows near his name.

For ex- Francisco Mejia appears at the correct UTIL in free agency. Once you add him to a thread C shows near his name.

These are just a few examples of many.

Also - Outfielders show at their respective OF position (LF, RF, CF) once you add them to a thread. They should remain OF to be consistent with our game.

fwicker

Post by fwicker » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:15 pm

In live scoring when I click on "Day Stats" the stats aren't totaled.
"You can observe a lot by watching" - Yogi Berra

FrozenTundra

Post by FrozenTundra » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:51 am

This thread is very helpful as it has answered or addressed all of my issues. For example, I, too, was wondering where I could sign up for the daily emails:) Keep up the good work guys.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:56 am

bjoak wrote:Here is an issue: I put Velasquez in my line-up for this weekend. When I look at next week's line-up, he's back on the bench. To be sure this was not my mistake, I looked at my history and it only has a record of me activating him. I'm going to be pretty miserable if I realize on Tuesday of some week that Stanton moved onto my bench all by himself.

I will leave him there for the moment if you want to go look at it. $1,500 Rotowire Online Championship #551 Big Alameda Machine
I have made this note on next week's To-Do List. I assume it's saving your Monday-Thursday lineup for the following week, instead of saving your last saved starting lineup, which would be Friday-Sunday. We can fix that for the following week.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Red Sox Nation-

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:34 am

I'm noticing that when i add a conditional bid to a thread its bringing the player to the 2nd highest slot and giving them the same bid as the top player. It should be the last bid and $1. FAAB is taking much longer than it should be as a result.

marknym

Post by marknym » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:48 am

Another request: The player pages used to track how many games a player had played at different positions. I don't see that anywhere now. And can we lose the player's uniform number in live scoring? gotta be something more useful that could take it's place. anything really.

have not encountered the lineup changing on its own, but will keep an eye on it.
Mark Evans

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:36 am

While doing FAAB on google chrome, I keep trying to put a FAAB bid in and it says that a conditional bid cannot be more than a higher bid in the same list. That number is below the top number and every player is still under that number. Does this mean I'm just getting awarded the player for $1 since programming wont allow me to bid more?

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:40 am

Where can we see games played per position this season for players ?

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:46 am

KJ Duke wrote:Where can we see games played per position this season for players ?
On baseballreference.com

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:26 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
KJ Duke wrote:Where can we see games played per position this season for players ?
On baseballreference.com
Yeah lots of sources but this showed on NFBC site before as their "official" games played. That's what I can't find.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:33 pm

KJ Duke wrote:
Doctor Who wrote:
On baseballreference.com
Yeah lots of sources but this showed on NFBC site before as their "official" games played. That's what I can't find.
Agreed.
We need an official place in the NFBC for how many times a player has played a different position.
This is invaluable for the PreMature E-Draftulation League in September to determine positionality for players.
An official place is needed to follow when our players are getting close to 10 games at another position.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:49 pm

I'll add this to the To-Do list. I think we had this on their individual player pages with STATS. Seems like the right spot as long as our stat provider has this game-by-game info. I'll see what we can do.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

MadCow Sez

Post by MadCow Sez » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:10 pm

Can we get a daily total similar to the period total? I want to see what the day looks like without having to use my limited counting skills
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:44 pm

MadCow Sez wrote:Can we get a daily total similar to the period total? I want to see what the day looks like without having to use my limited counting skills
Absolutely. Near the top of our list for this week.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:37 pm

It appears that the "Runner-Up" bid that appears on the FAAB Results page is incorrect. As an example, in one league, this was my bid list:

Claim #1
1 Hunter Strickland 347 Chad Kuhl Won 4/1/2018 09:06 PM
2 Ty Blach 9 Chad Kuhl Conditional Not Needed 4/1/2018 09:06 PM

Claim #2
1 Hunter Strickland 347 Trevor Williams Add Player already on team: King of Queens 4/1/2018 10:37 PM
2 Ty Blach 9 Trevor Williams Won 4/1/2018 10:37

On the FAAB results page, it shows me winning Hunter Strickland for $347, with a runner-up bid of $347.

It seems as though if you copy the bid queue, and change the Drop Player, the runner-up bid will be your own non-winning bid. I believe that's why so many people have tie bids for their winning bids.

Maybe not a "top priority" correction, but deserves attention at some point.

MadCow Sez

Post by MadCow Sez » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:47 am

Standings should default to YTD. If you click on standings, it defaults to week 2 and shows nothing because nothing has happened in week 2 yet
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:50 am

MadCow Sez wrote:Standings should default to YTD. If you click on standings, it defaults to week 2 and shows nothing because nothing has happened in week 2 yet
Agreed.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

California Aces

Post by California Aces » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:51 am

When I go in to Stats/Player Stats, the stats for many of the players that I started are not shown.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:04 am

California Aces wrote:When I go in to Stats/Player Stats, the stats for many of the players that I started are not shown.
Go to Stats, Team Stats and pull down to Period 1 (this HAS to default to YTD). Everything should be listed there.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Money

Post by Money » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:34 am

The yankee game has been postponed today. When will the players from those teams lock? Today or tomorrow? On opening day.we had 2 postponements and they were handled differently.. I realize one was postponed a bit earlier than the other but the game disappeared from the weekly schedule giving the appearance that both games teams would lock the following day.

Please advise.
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:37 am

Money wrote:The yankee game has been postponed today. When will the players from those teams lock? Today or tomorrow? On opening day.we had 2 postponements and they were handled differently.. I realize one was postponed a bit earlier than the other but the game disappeared from the weekly schedule giving the appearance that both games teams would lock the following day.

Please advise.
They will lock today, 5 minutes before their scheduled start time.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:39 am

MadCow Sez wrote:Standings should default to YTD. If you click on standings, it defaults to week 2 and shows nothing because nothing has happened in week 2 yet
This is the biggest thing for me. I hope when clicking on live standings today I don't just get Week 2 progress. I only want full season

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:40 am

Bjs2025 wrote:
This is the biggest thing for me. I hope when clicking on live standings today I don't just get Week 2 progress. I only want full season
Me too. Team Stats is also defaulting to Period 2 and we don't want that. We will get this changed.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

The Union jacks

Post by The Union jacks » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:08 am

The Union jacks wrote:Thanks Greg...

A couple of things:

1. Standings. I want to be able to switch between my teams when looking at league standings. The drop down box offers me every NFBC league in no rational order. Maybe some people want to be able to look at all leagues but I think we need an easy option to just change between our teams.

2. If i go to my Online championship team live scoring then I click on the drop down to go to my main event live scoring...from that point i should be in my main even team...but if i click team stats it thinks I am still looking at my online championship team. Can we make it so that if we change live scoring all other menus should relate to that team?
Looks like you implemented the first point I raised - thank you.

croakerkane

Post by croakerkane » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:25 am

Year to date standings are missing from every view, as well as an easy way to see what your players did on just the previous day. The old standings page had all of this, including last 7 days, rest of season projected, etc. Not seeing live overall year to date movement in live scoring is a minus. Everything seems to be based on a week to week basis when it should be YTD. Also, I also miss the player rankings (ratings?) page that showed all players, drafted and undrafted, ranked by 5 x 5 roto value to date. It used to even highlight those players on your team. The "Player Stats" page sorted by ownership is a huge downgrade over being able to see where your players, other teams' players in your league, and undrafted players rank in 5 x 5 overall for the season.