Let's Compile The Latest Updates In This Thread

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Let's Compile The Latest Updates In This Thread

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:57 am

Oaktown wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Oaktown wrote:Are the League Standings updated during the day as games are going? If so, isnt that why we have Live Scoring and Standings? I really liked being able to see standings through games of the day before to tell where I stand after a period or a week. Now I can only see that if I check early Monday am before games start? Not a fan of that at all, especially since it's already available live in the live area.

Thanks for all the listening and responding Greg, great to know you are working on the all the issues / problems / complaints. Appreciated as always.
Correct, the Live Standings for overall (which aren't on Live Scoring) and League Standings are updated in real-time on the Standings page. We don't have it like years past where yesterday's standings stay there all day and are updated only once at 4 am. The standings are constantly being updated as games are being played.
Thanks for the quick response Greg, appreciated as always. Definitely a big disappointment for me using the site as I use the end of Day standings a lot and there were already live standings in one place so no idea why they need to be in both, but I will just have to deal. I dislike live standings while games are still active and never look at them so was always nice to have a source to go to especially on Sundays..I will just have to make sure and capture them before games start. Not a change I like, but will deal of course.

Thanks,

SJ
With over 3,000 unique customers, it's impossible to satisfy the wants and desires of every player. I like the continually updated real-time Live Overall Standings, but again that's just me. Sorry to make you have to capture the data before games start each day, but it is one of the changes we've made to the Standings page. Good luck Scott and thanks for the feedback.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 am

Ichiban wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Driver Love wrote:Is there going to be an NFBC mobile app like before?
We are awaiting approval from the iTunes Store and the Google store. Pay-to-Play fantasy sports apps are having a hard time getting approval since the DFS situation two years ago. The STATS NFBC app was denied last year, but we are working through the system now and remain hopeful.
Hopefully this will get approved soon. And since both FanDuel and DraftKings have iOS apps, at least we know some DFS apps can still get approved.
Exactly right with Google. Now they are opening the submission process to other operators and we await their specific requirements. It does sound like they are open to more pay-to-play fantasy apps, but we are waiting for them. We have a separate group working on the iTunes process now. We hope to get the NFBC apps approved at some point and then quickly the NFFC apps. But it has not been easy since the DFS snafu two years ago.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:04 am

Okay, one more addition for today:

1. Team Stats now has separate pulldowns for:

Yesterday
Today
Season

It is now defaulting to Week 2 and showing the seasonal stats for all of the players on your current roster. There are also pulldowns for just 5x5 Rotisserie categories and Cutline Points. There's also a pulldown that takes you directly to any of your other teams.

I like this page a lot. Let us know if you see any other features that could be added to this page. Enjoy all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Oaktown

Post by Oaktown » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:15 am

Totally understood Greg, thanks for the reply.

calmanagement

Post by calmanagement » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:34 am

Hey Greg & Tom,

Will there be a fantasy year-to-date stat page for our specific team?

coldwater coyotes

Post by coldwater coyotes » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:38 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Okay, one more addition for today:

Yesterday
Today
Season

It is now defaulting to Week 2 and showing the seasonal stats for all of the players on your current roster. There are also pulldowns for just 5x5 Rotisserie categories and Cutline Points. There's also a pulldown that takes you directly to any of your other teams.

I like this page a lot. Let us know if you see any other features that could be added to this page. Enjoy all.

Are the stats for season to date the stats for the player's total season or just when he was on my team ?

lrr

Post by lrr » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:51 am

I have Ryan Rua on my team one day but on the season stats pulldown, it shows 12 at bats.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:11 pm

calmanagement wrote:Hey Greg & Tom,

Will there be a fantasy year-to-date stat page for our specific team?
Good question. We need a spot for Year To Date real-time data. We're on it.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:12 pm

coldwater coyotes wrote:

Yesterday
Today
Season

Are the stats for season to date the stats for the player's total season or just when he was on my team ?
Right now that shows that player's seasonal totals on Team Stats, not what he's compiled for your team. We will work on Year To Date for just your team shortly. Good call by all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:13 pm

lrr wrote:I have Ryan Rua on my team one day but on the season stats pulldown, it shows 12 at bats.
Correct. That's his season totals. Let's get your Year To Date totals for your team there in a pulldown.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:06 pm

Okay, we just added a lot of new features to the NFBC game site today. Here they are:

Live Scoring
- Pre-Game Status is black
- In Game Status is green (if you click on that a real-time box score will pop out!!)
- Final is red

- Highlights your team green on the leaderboard
- Highlights the team you are comparing blue on the leaderboard
- Dropdown Menu is better organized by game type
- Double headers now sums the stats from both games

Team Stats
- Pulldown with Yesterday's, Today's, and Season Stats
- Mobile Optimized

Overall Standings
- Add league number and is linked to the league standings page

League Home
- Standings have been moved to the top, KDS to the bottom

Player Profiles
- Games played by position tab has been added.

I'm glad the guys could get the games played position tab added so quickly. Thanks all for your patience on these items.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:57 pm

Greg, I like the color coded for in game, final and pregame, and maybe this is just nitpicking but can we get a manlier version of the green and red, especially the green, I can barely see it.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:31 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Greg, I like the color coded for in game, final and pregame, and maybe this is just nitpicking but can we get a manlier version of the green and red, especially the green, I can barely see it.
First "millenial blue" and now "millenial red"? :oops: We can't seem to get our colors right.

I'll let the IT boys make that call. Love the box score links from there. Enjoy. And thanks for the kind words. They are NEVER taken for granted here.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

swamp fox

Post by swamp fox » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:52 pm

since its just open season on requests..

Id like to get the player search box back. it was on every page you were on last year. so if you are watching a game and kenley jansen's arm falls off you can quickly search to see if his back up is available.

On the free agent page the free agent list should go to the end of the page. i scroll down and all of a sudden i hit the bottom of some gray box that the players sit in. IMO you should only see the bottom of a box if you have seen the last FA.

Agree with all, we need to have daily totals and seasons totals on 1 page.

Thanks for picking this up but last year's pages should have been the starting point. You just had to have known that this was coming otherwise. That being said, it takes some character to admit fault and work tirelessly hard to fix it. I think many would have packed it in, taken the money and "figured it out." So kudos to you and your staff for that. Thank you.

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:31 pm

swamp fox wrote:since its just open season on requests..

Id like to get the player search box back. it was on every page you were on last year. so if you are watching a game and kenley jansen's arm falls off you can quickly search to see if his back up is available.

On the free agent page the free agent list should go to the end of the page. i scroll down and all of a sudden i hit the bottom of some gray box that the players sit in. IMO you should only see the bottom of a box if you have seen the last FA.

Thanks for picking this up but last year's pages should have been the starting point. You just had to have known that this was coming otherwise. That being said, it takes some character to admit fault and work tirelessly hard to fix it. I think many would have packed it in, taken the money and "figured it out." So kudos to you and your staff for that. Thank you.
I want to piggyback on player search box.....late in the year when someone you do not have hits the DL, it was also good to see if that player was on one of the teams you were fighting in a particular category too.

The Union jacks

Post by The Union jacks » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:09 pm

Greg - if we are not going to find room for ABs etc on the mobile app can we add the pop up box for the team totals when clicking on average, ERA and WHIP.

Oaktown

Post by Oaktown » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:17 pm

Wolfpac wrote:

I want to piggyback on player search box.....late in the year when someone you do not have hits the DL, it was also good to see if that player was on one of the teams you were fighting in a particular category too.
I would very much like to piggyback also on the player search. Was so nice to just plug a name in and see who owned hi in your league or if he was available. The search now just searches for guys you have on your own team? We already know that. Would be great to get that feature back, valuable time saver.

Rotofan18

Post by Rotofan18 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:20 pm

Hey guys,

With the live scoring in the Cutline, when you are on the page it shows the ranking in order of the current period. There should
also be an option for overall besides the standings page that you would have to leave the live scoring to access. Perhaps a drop down option for YTD fantasy points. IMO you don't even need to rank teams on side of the page based on current period. But if owners like that we should at least have an option for YTD on the live scoring page.

Thanks hope other people agree.

steve

FrozenTundra

Post by FrozenTundra » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:41 am

Yesterday
Today
Season

I like it a lot, too! Many nice improvements to the site in just a few days - great work. Thanks.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:06 am

Here's one more addition to start the day:

Live Scoring: We've added two more tabs to Live Scoring: Games and Players.

The Games tab will take you to live box scores of today's games. Just click on any game tab and a full box score is right there.

The Players tab will take you to the top Hitters and Catchers from the day. You can sort any category to find the day's top hitters and pitchers.

Just another way to keep you on Live Scoring and not have you fly around to other areas or other sites. Enjoy.

Oh, and there's seven afternoon games today, so give it a test spin and let us know what you think.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

marknym

Post by marknym » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:50 am

Things are definitely improving quickly, thanks for that, Greg, Tom, and team.

Another suggestion: live scoring used to only show "zeroes" for players that were actually confirmed to be in the lineup. This made it easy on the eyes to see which games were active, and to quickly scout which of our players might be riding the pine for whatever reason. Additionally, it made it easy to see at a glance which of your starting pitchers were scheduled to actually start on a particular day. It's not of great use to see zeroes for guys who aren't in lineups or aren't scheduled to pitch, it clutters the page. It's very helpful to have those player lines be blank, to more quickly scan for the guys that are actually playing at a given time.

Thanks for listening.

Mark
Mark Evans

Roy's Outlaws

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:54 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Here's one more addition to start the day:

Live Scoring: We've added two more tabs to Live Scoring: Games and Players.

The Games tab will take you to live box scores of today's games. Just click on any game tab and a full box score is right there.

The Players tab will take you to the top Hitters and Catchers from the day. You can sort any category to find the day's top hitters and pitchers.

Just another way to keep you on Live Scoring and not have you fly around to other areas or other sites. Enjoy.

Oh, and there's seven afternoon games today, so give it a test spin and let us know what you think.

Greg , Is there anyway we can get just a regular box score in live scoring, not the full box score that is there now. Want to see batting order and hitting stats,full pitching stats just for players in the game.

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:38 am

Maybe I'm missing it somewhere, but if not, this needs to be added:

Sortable column for "Points Scored" in the Cutline Player Stats and Free Agent lists. Right now, all I can find are stats, but there is no Total Points column.

Driver Love

Post by Driver Love » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:14 pm

I like this. I like the general player search box where I can simply type in a player name and immediately find out his status. He is rostered on another team? If yes, which team? If not, is he available to be picked up? Sometimes if a pitch is getting bludgeoned I like to know which team he is on.

I also have seen people reference the mobile app. Is there a mobile app? If yes, I am not seeing it. I know Greg mentioned they were working on it, but I have seen people reference something that seems to already exist. Maybe I am missing it?

fwicker

Post by fwicker » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:18 pm

IPad issues: on my main league page how do I search for a player. It needs to be on this page.... suggestion, standardize navigation bars across pages, this is a common practice. I.E. instead of “Change Team” on the navigation bar make it “My Teams”, on that standard navigation bar (to be present on ALL pages) have a magnifying glass to search for a player. On the watchlist, to delete a player swipe left.
"You can observe a lot by watching" - Yogi Berra