Let's Compile The Latest Updates In This Thread

Money

Re: Let's Compile The Latest Updates In This Thread

Post by Money » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:31 pm

marknym wrote:Things are definitely improving quickly, thanks for that, Greg, Tom, and team.

Another suggestion: live scoring used to only show "zeroes" for players that were actually confirmed to be in the lineup. This made it easy on the eyes to see which games were active, and to quickly scout which of our players might be riding the pine for whatever reason. Additionally, it made it easy to see at a glance which of your starting pitchers were scheduled to actually start on a particular day. It's not of great use to see zeroes for guys who aren't in lineups or aren't scheduled to pitch, it clutters the page. It's very helpful to have those player lines be blank, to more quickly scan for the guys that are actually playing at a given time.

Thanks for listening.

Mark
+1
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:14 pm

Okay, changes that just went live late this afternoon:

Live Scoring
- Added MLB Games Tab
- Added Players Tab
- BAVG now displays 3 decimal places
- ERA and WHIP now displays 2 decimal places
- Pitchers header row is now green

Set Lineup
- Schedule for the 2nd Period of the week, only shows Friday - Sunday Games
- Additional Save and Undo Roster buttons added to the bottom
- Cutline leagues are now able to see the schedule / probable pitchers
- Postponed games no longer disappear and are labeled PPD with the Future Game Date
- Double headers now appear with both game times

Team Schedule Page:
- Postponed and Double Headers have been added
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Daren E

Post by Daren E » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:11 pm

Maybe I missed this earlier in the thread but in years past I could tell at a 2-second glance on the live scoring page which of my pitchers were scheduled to pitch that day. It doesn't seem to indicate that now unless it's way more subtle.
Daren E
NFFC Charter Member
5-Time Live League Champion/Las Vegas

Money

Post by Money » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:40 am

Under the team stats tab you need to to have Fantasy YTD stats as well. Players that are dropped will continue to stay on this list. The Fantasy YTD numbers should match exactly to the YTD totals for each team.

In the individual weeks you can list a player twice, once under the position played and once under bench if they split time between the two.

Also, hits should be listed after at bats. Currently it goes AB R H.

The Fantasy YTD team stats is very important in my opinion. Possibly I'm looking in the wrong place.

edit: We have always had this information.
Joe

Oaktown

Post by Oaktown » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:01 pm

I am not sure if it has been mentioned yet (or being worked on), but it case it has not, on the FAAB page, we 100% have to have filters to sort by time period, ie Period 2, last 7 days, last 14 days, etc. We have always had that and as the season gets deeper into it, it is absolutely a must for working on FAAB each Sunday. Would be a huge time drain to not have that. Thanks!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:19 pm

Oaktown wrote:I am not sure if it has been mentioned yet (or being worked on), but it case it has not, on the FAAB page, we 100% have to have filters to sort by time period, ie Period 2, last 7 days, last 14 days, etc. We have always had that and as the season gets deeper into it, it is absolutely a must for working on FAAB each Sunday. Would be a huge time drain to not have that. Thanks!
Yes this is being added.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Oaktown

Post by Oaktown » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:35 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Oaktown wrote:I am not sure if it has been mentioned yet (or being worked on), but it case it has not, on the FAAB page, we 100% have to have filters to sort by time period, ie Period 2, last 7 days, last 14 days, etc. We have always had that and as the season gets deeper into it, it is absolutely a must for working on FAAB each Sunday. Would be a huge time drain to not have that. Thanks!
Yes this is being added.
Fantastic, thanks as always Greg!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:56 pm

Here a few more tweaks to the site that we just released:

Live Scoring
- Added popup dialog for team totals for AVG, ERA, and WHIP
- Now showing extra categories for Period stats on wide screens when two rosters are open
- Added Roto Points Change (+/-) in the league standings to the left

Team Stats
- Changed the default options for Cutline leagues to automatically select points scoring
- Default to your teams view

Desktop View
- Trimmed the space from the navigation to the page title header area

Mobile Phone View
- Eliminated the NFBC logo in the header when you get a mobile view, thus shrinking the size of the header
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:59 pm

We are also making some cosmetic changes to the look of the inside pages that we think will break up the solid white background and continuous blue/black type. We had hoped to get those live before the weekend, but I think those will have to be added next week. Trust me, we know those inside pages can be handled better and made easier to read and we are on it. But now that they are live, it's just going to take a little more time to update those pages without interrupting the performance. They are coming, I promise.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:18 am

I thought this was discussed in the offseason but haven't seen this feature...

If we have multiple FAAB teams is there a way to determine if player X is available in the free agent pool in Y of my leagues with one click?

And yes we need Team YTD stats, not just "Season". This was a feature we had last year and already mentioned.

Also, the drop-down list of periods is going to get lengthier and lengthier as the season progresses (Week 1, Week 2, Week 3 ... Yesterday, Today, Season). You want to re-think the order of how you're displaying this list and what should be the default value.

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:39 am

League Standings items:

1. In the previous site we had performance for each period plus YTD. Right now the drop-down box shows "Week 2" but these are YTD totals. The default should be YTD.

2. Aesthetic: You have "S" as a label for saves but in other places its "SV". This should be consistent everywhere. I'd use SV.

3. Aesthetic: On mobile a long team name wraps around and writes on top of itself. Either have the whole name listed or use "..." as suffix if the name is too long and you don't want to "freeze panes". The first column showing "Rk" should be thinner as well as other columns to adjust for the length of the team name.

4. Aesthetic: On mobile the rows are not vertically centered when the team name wraps around.

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:44 am

Draft Results webpage:

1. The dropdown list of leagues in Draft Results is based on league number. Can this be re-ordered to 1) your own leagues, and then 2) the alphabetical list of leagues, as is the case in the League Standings page?

2. The dollar amounts for each player for auction leagues are not shown here.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:54 am

mdecav wrote:2. The dollar amounts for each player for auction leagues are not shown here.
Auction results can be found by:

Going to My Teams
Clicking on (Auction Results) to the right of that team name on My Teams
Click on Auction Board when you are in the Draft Room

Hope that helps.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:19 am

Just wanted to say...a few minutes ago I finished updating all of my lineups for my 15+ teams for the weekend games. I have to admit, the interface you guys have to do that, is FANTASTIC. not only the ease of swapping players in and out of a lineup, but i also love when you select a player to remove from your lineup, the software highlights all players eligible to move into that position/spot. again, FANTASTIC. :)

lastly, the ease at switching between all of your teams starting lineups is Fing GREAT.

it's actaully a breeze to get all of my lineups submitted. last year was "good". this year is a "grand slam"

nicely done sportshub 8-)

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:34 am

Mark meet Dustin; Dustin, Mark
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:35 am

Games started being added to free agent and stats lists? There's no way to sort starters from relievers.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:48 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:Mark meet Dustin; Dustin, Mark
i understand there are still issues being Worked on, but what i spoke about above is a bIg TiMe improvement in my opinion.
I.LIKE.IT.A.LOT. :P

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:10 pm

KJ Duke wrote:Games started being added to free agent and stats lists? There's no way to sort starters from relievers.
I will add to the list. Yes, this category is important and was there before. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:27 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
mdecav wrote:2. The dollar amounts for each player for auction leagues are not shown here.
Auction results can be found by:

Going to My Teams
Clicking on (Auction Results) to the right of that team name on My Teams
Click on Auction Board when you are in the Draft Room

Hope that helps.
What about auction leagues we were not in? This was available in the old site.

Josh R

Post by Josh R » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:06 pm

Not sure if this has been discussed, would it be possible when we are on the FAAB page, when we click on "my roster", could it be arranged so that the order of the players is:C-1B-2B-SS-3B-OF-CI-MI-DH-P-bench? The players now are just in a jumbled order. If you click on position it puts them in the the right order but it would make things a lot smoother if that could just be the default setting as the setting now doesn't do anything for us.

Thanks, much appreciated!!

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:58 pm

Agree with Mark on lineup setting. The one click to change teams - sweet. I also noticed they added cutlines to the team list which allows one to search cutline players on the "set lineup" screen. You can see if you have that player rostered. Example - I searched Duffy right now to see what teams were getting duffied.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:41 pm

Duffy cromulent.
Marquez'd worse.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

justiceberry

Post by justiceberry » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:01 pm

not sure if its been addressed, but when you are setting lineup this dropdown menu is going to get really confusing come week 10 or so, the extra clicking is bad enough so it really should be changed back to having the next period available to click on from the set lineup page without the dropdown being necessary

agree that when you do drops, the players should be ordered in the traditional order so we dont have to hunt through up to 42 players for each drop.

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:32 am

don't know if mentioned- but if you want to see another teams lineup- you can't. before you went to standings and hit the team name on the top (the team standings part) and if you wanted stats for each team you went to the individual categories like "runs" and clicked that teams name. now- no matter where you go- you get the teams stats.

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:56 am

headhunters wrote:don't know if mentioned- but if you want to see another teams lineup- you can't. before you went to standings and hit the team name on the top (the team standings part) and if you wanted stats for each team you went to the individual categories like "runs" and clicked that teams name. now- no matter where you go- you get the teams stats.
This, along with the general search box to see who owns a player were key tools late during last season