Let's Compile The Latest Updates In This Thread

Money

Re: Let's Compile The Latest Updates In This Thread

Post by Money » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:25 pm

Team stats must include FANTASY YTD numbers. Thank You.
Joe

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:12 pm

When FAAB locks we still should be able to see our bids, either under bid history or under free agents.

Instead, we get this now ...
Error
FAAB is currently locked.

Driver Love

Post by Driver Love » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:05 am

-When I look at team stats I see 'season.' In the past we had the option "fantasy" for the stats a player has put up while in our lineups as opposed to the stats he has put up for the entire season. Am I missing this?

-We used to be able to type in a player search and find out what fantasy team a player is on. Can we do that still or must we scroll through the roster grid to find out?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:18 am

Driver Love wrote:-When I look at team stats I see 'season.' In the past we had the option "fantasy" for the stats a player has put up while in our lineups as opposed to the stats he has put up for the entire season. Am I missing this?

-We used to be able to type in a player search and find out what fantasy team a player is on. Can we do that still or must we scroll through the roster grid to find out?
YTD stats will be added this week.

Yes that will be added this week.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:36 am

right now on the stats page it goes ab r hits

Am I the only one who would prefer hits next to at bats and runs next to it's other friends hr rbi sb ?

The Union jacks

Post by The Union jacks » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:44 am

Chest Rockwell wrote:right now on the stats page it goes ab r hits

Am I the only one who would prefer hits next to at bats and runs next to it's other friends hr rbi sb ?
Agreed.

rmurph3

Post by rmurph3 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:45 am

A few notes from last night's FAAB research:

- we used to have last7/L14/, month to date, any month splits on the free agent stats page. Can we get this back? Need as many ways to slice/dice the free agent pool as possible.
- similarly, on FA pitchers list, Games Started is a key column to add back, so we can easily distinguish SP and RP in search results.
Ray Murphy, http://www.BaseballHQ.com
Men Without Helmets

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:06 am

The Union jacks wrote:
Chest Rockwell wrote:right now on the stats page it goes ab r hits

Agreed.
same here

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:32 pm

Okay, here's several items we've added to the site today:

Live Scoring

- Partial Innings are now calculating correctly for Cutline on Live Scoring (1/3rd IP is calculating at 1 point)
- Remove Decimal point for cutline leagues (no more 716.0 showings; it's now 716)

Set Lineups

- Fixed Magnifying Glass Search

Free Agents Page

- Removed player position when adding a claim (position is correct in the free agent player pool)
- When you select a rostered player to drop, you can now select pitching stats
- Player Points for Cutline Leagues are now viewable within free agency
- Games Started for pitchers are now a new category within free agency
- My Roster view now displays C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, OF, CI, MI, UT, P, BENCH
- Added Owned Dropdown to indicate which players are owned
- Merged player team and position into the player name column

League Standings

- Remove Decimal point for cutline leagues
- Added a dropdown to filter Weekly or YTD standings for each week
- Saves category now is abbreviated SV instead of S

Overall Standings

My Teams Page

- Relabel Diff to Points Back
- Format points and Points Back column to 1 decimal place so numbers line up

Draft Results

- Dropdown has been reordered to display your teams at the top, followed by all other leagues (after the season has begun)

Transaction History

- Fixed bug where runner up bid was your own non-winning bid when you copied the bid queue and dropped a player
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

TRAIN

Post by TRAIN » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:03 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Team Stats
- Changed the default options for Cutline leagues to automatically select points scoring
Greg - It looks like the default now is "5 x 5" instead of "POINTS".

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:44 pm

thanks Greg

Josh R

Post by Josh R » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:59 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Okay, here's several items we've added to the site today:

Live Scoring

- Partial Innings are now calculating correctly for Cutline on Live Scoring (1/3rd IP is calculating at 1 point)
- Remove Decimal point for cutline leagues (no more 716.0 showings; it's now 716)

Set Lineups

- Fixed Magnifying Glass Search

Free Agents Page

- Removed player position when adding a claim (position is correct in the free agent player pool)
- When you select a rostered player to drop, you can now select pitching stats
- Player Points for Cutline Leagues are now viewable within free agency
- Games Started for pitchers are now a new category within free agency
- My Roster view now displays C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, OF, CI, MI, UT, P, BENCH
- Added Owned Dropdown to indicate which players are owned
- Merged player team and position into the player name column

League Standings

- Added a dropdown to filter Weekly or YTD standings for each week
- Saves category now is abbreviated SV instead of S

Overall Standings

My Teams Page

- Relabel Diff to Points Back
- Format points and Points Back column to 1 decimal place so numbers line up

Draft Results

- Dropdown has been reordered to display your teams at the top, followed by all other leagues (after the season has begun)

Transaction History

- Fixed bug where runner up bid was your own non-winning bid when you copied the bid queue and dropped a player
Lots of awesome fixes in there! Thank you!

Frozen Tundra

Post by Frozen Tundra » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:29 pm

The most important stat IMO, cumulative YTD team stats (5x5) used to be on the live scoring page. No changing of page was required. One click and you could go from one category to another. Now live scoring has team only stats and a leaderboard on the left side which tells where you stand and ground you made or lost but not much else. To see the live 5x5 YTD stats, now you have to click on the standings tab and scroll up and down to see everything. Are there plans to go back to the way it was?
"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions"
-Albert Einstein

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:14 am

Frozen Tundra wrote:The most important stat IMO, cumulative YTD team stats (5x5) used to be on the live scoring page. No changing of page was required. One click and you could go from one category to another. Now live scoring has team only stats and a leaderboard on the left side which tells where you stand and ground you made or lost but not much else. To see the live 5x5 YTD stats, now you have to click on the standings tab and scroll up and down to see everything. Are there plans to go back to the way it was?
I believe a line for YTD fantasy team stats is still on the list to be added to Live Scoring. A line of data will follow under your Daily Hitters stats and under your Daily Pitching stats.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Driver Love

Post by Driver Love » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:29 am

If there is a minor league player I am interested in and want to know if he is rostered do I have to scroll through everyone's roster on the grid looking for him or can I type his name into a player search and have him pop up? I understand if he was not drafted and dropped he will not come up in the free agent pool until he plays an MLB game. I just like being able to look up players to find out if they are rostered already with a quick search. I believe we used to have that. Maybe we still do and I am missing it.

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:33 am

Driver Love wrote:If there is a minor league player I am interested in and want to know if he is rostered do I have to scroll through everyone's roster on the grid looking for him or can I type his name into a player search and have him pop up? I understand if he was not drafted and dropped he will not come up in the free agent pool until he plays an MLB game. I just like being able to look up players to find out if they are rostered already with a quick search. I believe we used to have that. Maybe we still do and I am missing it.
This please, that search box before was so clutch i used it every time someone hit the DL or got called up.

Driver Love

Post by Driver Love » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:37 am

Wolfpac wrote:
Driver Love wrote:If there is a minor league player I am interested in and want to know if he is rostered do I have to scroll through everyone's roster on the grid looking for him or can I type his name into a player search and have him pop up? I understand if he was not drafted and dropped he will not come up in the free agent pool until he plays an MLB game. I just like being able to look up players to find out if they are rostered already with a quick search. I believe we used to have that. Maybe we still do and I am missing it.
This please, that search box before was so clutch i used it every time someone hit the DL or got called up.
I used this a lot too. Sometimes in a functional way to know immediately if an obscure player, who I suddenly determined may have value, was rostered or sometimes just to see what team a pitcher who got blown up was on.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:59 pm

Here's the latest updates to the site that were just added:

Team Stats Page
- We added Fantasy YTD as a pulldown. It shows your team's Fantasy YTD 5x5 and Points totals

Free Agents Page
- Add owner column of which team owns a player. Under the Free Agents filter, pull down to Owned and type in any player in the Player Search box. It will show you who owns every player in your league
- Add Last 7, 14, 30 days stats filter. This is under a Season pulldown to the right of Hitting/Pitching

Player Stats Page
- Under the Stats pulldown, go to Player Stats and you will see an Owner Status box. There is now a column for who owns every player. You can easily type in any name in the Player Search box to find out who owns that player in your league.

Set Lineup
- We now allow you to reorder your roster inside set lineup so it appears in the order you want. If you want to put your top 7 Starting Pitchers ahead of your two closers, you can do that.

Draft Results
- Dollar amounts are now displayed for Auction leagues

FAAB Results
- Right Justify the runner up column

Scoreboard / Boxscore
- Replace Starting pitchers with Win / Loss/ Save pitchers at the end of completed games

YTD Fantasy totals will be coming to Live Scoring soon. That is next on the list.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:19 pm

Great additions Greg, especially to the Free agent module. This new IT team has been rapid. Thanks again.

orangemen90

Post by orangemen90 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:22 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Great additions Greg, especially to the Free agent module. This new IT team has been rapid. Thanks again.
Not so fast .. the data in free agents is not correct.

justiceberry

Post by justiceberry » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:49 am

Wolfpac wrote:
Driver Love wrote:
If there is a minor league player I am interested in and want to know if he is rostered do I have to scroll through everyone's roster on the grid looking for him or can I type his name into a player search and have him pop up? I understand if he was not drafted and dropped he will not come up in the free agent pool until he plays an MLB game. I just like being able to look up players to find out if they are rostered already with a quick search. I believe we used to have that. Maybe we still do and I am missing it.

I used this a lot too. Sometimes in a functional way to know immediately if an obscure player, who I suddenly determined may have value, was rostered or sometimes just to see what team a pitcher who got blown up was on.

i will also echo this, as searching for call ups right now is like easter egg hunting

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:53 am

Driver Love wrote:-When I look at team stats I see 'season.' In the past we had the option "fantasy" for the stats a player has put up while in our lineups as opposed to the stats he has put up for the entire season. Am I missing this?

So just to explain this one: If you go to Free Agents and type in Ronald Acuna in the Player Search box he may not show up in the free agent listing. So then pull down the Free Agents box to Owned and it will show you which team he is on. That shows you that he's not available in free agency but is owned by a team in your league. It also lists which team owns him.

If I take someone like Francisco Mejia and he doesn't show up in my free agent list and he doesn't show up in my Owned list it means that he wasn't drafted in my league and he isn't available in free agency. It also means nobody owns him in my league. That tells me that once he's called up he will be available.

Hope that helps.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:16 am

Awesome updates to the platform. Cutline FAAB last night was much easier than past years too.

In the past un-owned players could still be searched/viewed, that would be better than having no result come back leaving us wondering if we mis-spelled a name.

Also, player boxes used to show the last transaction for that player in the league - dropped or added by X team on X date. I liked that --- and even better would be seeing the player's history of league add/drops on his player page. Not an urgent feature, but would be cool to see.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:21 am

KJ Duke wrote:Awesome updates to the platform. Cutline FAAB last night was much easier than past years too.

In the past un-owned players could still be searched/viewed, that would be better than having no result come back leaving us wondering if we mis-spelled a name.

Also, player boxes used to show the last transaction for that player in the league - dropped or added by X team on X date. I liked that --- and even better would be seeing the player's history of league add/drops on his player page. Not an urgent feature, but would be cool to see.
Thanks. Glad to see the Cutline FAAB went so smoothly last night for everyone. That should help that contest grow in future years if we make just those two FAAB deadlines so much easier to navigate.

Correct, but right now it's set up to search for available players in the data base. I can ask about it.

That last request is still coming similar to last year. We have about two dozen more tweaks to finish on the list, along with a little design tweak. We're not done yet.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:53 am

It would be nice to have a search box for all leagues like last year instead of individually like you described on the Free Agents page. When a player gets hurt, it's nice to be able to search if his replacement is available in any of our leagues by searching in one spot rather than in all the individual leagues.