Let's Compile The Latest Updates In This Thread

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Let's Compile The Latest Updates In This Thread

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:29 am

Sounds good Mike. We are sending out a newsletter today to trumpet this new tool before Sunday’s FAAB and I can create a special thread for this as well. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

lrr

Post by lrr » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:43 am

Just another thought about the new FAAB bidding tool that I don't think was mentioned. Let's say you suspect Nick Ahmed is owned in some leagues but not others. So you are in your main event in free agents and you type in his name but it doesn't show up because he is owned. All you need to do is change the free agent filter from "free agents" to "owned" and then his name pops up. From there, you highlight the name and click free agency and bid accordingly. So you can do all these bids even if a player is not available in the first league you look at.

fwicker

Post by fwicker » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:53 pm

I apologize if this has been brought up, the thread is too long to comb through. When in Set Lineup and I click on a player it’d be nice to see his stats.
"You can observe a lot by watching" - Yogi Berra

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:21 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:
mdecav wrote:2. Live Scoring for the desktop shows AB and IP but this does not show on mobile. This should be seen on mobile.
Hey Mike, I think this has been addressed previously. This is due to space. There is more space on regular computers than there is on mobile so not all columns on live scoring will show up on mobile. In order for the page to be scaled for all devices and formats this is how it needs to be set up.
Why is this not a space issue for Team Stats but it is for Live Scoring? For one you have the player name anchored and the stats can be scrolled through, but the other is a completely different screen showing the same exact data, except that it’s live data.

Money

Post by Money » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:23 am

I went to Team Stats and pulled up yesterday. I have multiple players listed in the lineup and on the bench as well. This is obviously an error. A player either belongs on the bench or in the lineup when looking at the previous days stats.
Joe

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:50 am

When I click on a team from the Overall during the weekend, it shows me all the players who have been benched during the week offensively.
Can we just see the team as it currently sits?
This is not a big thing now, but will be very important for those involved later in the year.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Driver Love

Post by Driver Love » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:11 am

This may have been mentioned. I don't have time to go back through the thread. I am seeing zero's in the 'change' column for standings. Is that wrong?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:08 pm

fwicker wrote:I apologize if this has been brought up, the thread is too long to comb through. When in Set Lineup and I click on a player it’d be nice to see his stats.
Greg, when you click on a player it goes to his Player Profile page listing his latest notes. There is a Season Stats tab and a Weekly Stats tab you can easily click on. There is a Game Log tab and a Fantasy Games tab as well. It defaults to News now. Enjoy.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Oaktown

Post by Oaktown » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:07 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Okay, several new updates today that you're really going to love. Let's post them all here first and then discuss:

Live Scoring
- Teams tab has been added which displays your YTD stats by category for all the teams in the league (this is to the left of the defaulted Rosters tab)
- When you change teams in live scoring, this team becomes your default team for Set Lineup, FAAB, Standings
- Reduced whitespace by moving game status next to the player name on larger screen sizes

Team Stats
- Cutline Leagues now display total Starting and Bench Points at the bottom

FAAB
- Added a sortable column with the date the player was added to the player pool
- Fixed bug where the Column headings were off by 1 column if a specific position was filtered

Set Lineup
- If you change to a different transaction period, and then change teams by clicking on your team on the left, it keeps the same transaction period selected

Player Profile
- Transaction History tab has been added which allows you to see which teams have added / dropped this player during the season in your league
- Add a Free Agency tab that allows you to bid on a specific player in any of your leagues from one screen. Also shows you if a free agent is available in all of your leagues

League Standings
- On mobile view, a long team name wraps around and writes on top of itself
- On mobile view, the rows are not vertically centered when the team name wraps around

Player Movement
- Has been upgraded to show which teams (and how many leagues) in each overall competition added / dropped players during a specific FAAB period and what the bid amounts were.

Player Search
- Magnifying glass has been added to the top navigation bar which allows you to type in a players name or team abbreviation and clicking on the player name will load the player profile
Am I doing something wrong with Player Search? I click the magnifying glass at the top of the page and plug a name in and hit enter and it does not pull up all the players with that name. Hitting the magnifying glass after typing the name just closes the search box too.

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:42 pm

I’m sorry if this has already been mentioned but I haven’t read all of the 8 previous pages to this thread.

Under season stats for Player X, I really enjoyed the “On Pace” statistics that we could view in previous years. Can we add this please? Thanks.
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

The Union jacks

Post by The Union jacks » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:00 am

Would it be possible to get an additional way of looking at overall standings?

A one page view that shows us how many points in each category with either position or percentile (or both) for each category?

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:30 am

The "Fantasy Transactions" tab on the player page is useless as constructed.

a) Preferably, it should show league-specific transactions only.
b) If it has to show all transactions, it should show FAAB paid for the player.

Either a or b has some value; but showing a super long list of being added or dropped in hundreds of leagues without any price information adds absolutely nothing. Likewise, if showing all leagues I would eliminate all cutlines from this list since having just 2 FAABs makes that info not meaningful.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:36 am

KJ Duke wrote:The "Fantasy Transactions" tab on the player page is useless as constructed.

a) Preferably, it should show league-specific transactions only.
b) If it has to show all transactions, it should show FAAB paid for the player.

Either a or b has some value; but showing a super long list of being added or dropped in hundreds of leagues without any price information adds absolutely nothing.
THIS

And it should give us a choice as to league-specific transactions or all transactions.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:42 am

The Union jacks wrote:Would it be possible to get an additional way of looking at overall standings?

A one page view that shows us how many points in each category with either position or percentile (or both) for each category?
When you go to Overall Standings there is a pulldown called Select Category to the right of Week 3. Click on any of the 10 categories and you can see how many points each team is earning and the number of HRs or other stats for each team in that category. There are too many teams in most of these overall competitions to list a one-page with all 10 categories and all teams in all categories on just one page. Or am I missing something here?
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:45 am

Agreed with the recommendations just above and another one I'd like is to add a column called Highest Bid on My Bid History page. I know we can see it on the FAAB results page but it would be fun to have quick look at all our bids for the week and see how much we missed the highest bid.

Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:56 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
The Union jacks wrote:Would it be possible to get an additional way of looking at overall standings?

When you go to Overall Standings there is a pulldown called Select Category to the right of Week 3. Click on any of the 10 categories and you can see how many points each team is earning and the number of HRs or other stats for each team in that category. There are too many teams in most of these overall competitions to list a one-page with all 10 categories and all teams in all categories on just one page. Or am I missing something here?
I think what he means is that one one page you would see just your team in every category and not all teams. Like that you could see in one quick look that all 4 of your teams. Vaguely something like this:
Teams - Overall R HR RBI SB AVG K W SV ERA WHIP
Team A - 105 21...
Points 2391 445 151.5...
Rank 312 62 343...
Team B - 98 28...
Points 3942 365.5 425.5...
Rank 8 136 74...

Like this it would allow us in one quick look to see where all our teams are strong and weak rather than go through every category page. It would be a huge help to know in about 2 seconds that one team needs SB and another needs HR.

The chart didn't post very well but basically I can see that Team A is 312th overall with 2391 points, has 105 Runs which gives 445 points (62nd place) etc...

The Union jacks

Post by The Union jacks » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:19 am

Yes somthing like.

Team Name: XXXXX
Overall Points: 3,453
Overall Position: 88th

Runs: 87 Rank: 134th Points: 400
HR: 25 Rank: 178th Points: 322

etc.

The Union jacks

Post by The Union jacks » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:26 am

The Union jacks wrote:Yes somthing like.

Team Name: XXXXX
Overall Points: 3,453
Overall Position: 88th

Runs: 87 Rank: 134th Points: 400
HR: 25 Rank: 178th Points: 322

etc.
This would really help get a better perspective of where we are in the bigger competition and how to construct weekly lineups without a lot of clicks and would be really great to watch live, especially later in the season.

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:18 pm

The update that was just done to mix white background lines with grey ones in the standings/lineup page is much harder to read. Just some feedback. I do not like it at all.

jvetter

Post by jvetter » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:03 pm

Bjs2025 wrote:The update that was just done to mix white background lines with grey ones in the standings/lineup page is much harder to read. Just some feedback. I do not like it at all.
I agree. Highlights the white lines and de-emphasizes the dark gray. This look might work but the contrast between white and dark gray needs to be significantly lessened in my opinion.

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:07 pm

Not sure the purpose of the alternate grey lines but it’s very, very annoying.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:01 pm

Today's Fixes:

Site Wide
- Alternate shading on rows. This is the same gray alternating shade we had on STATS over the last 14 years in every sport to break up rows and rows of text.

Live Scoring
- If you set your lineup in a particular order, live scoring now reflects that order
- Fixed live scoring standings for periods before standings are run

Player Movements
- Fixed sort
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:20 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Today's Fixes:

Site Wide
- Alternate shading on rows. This is the same gray alternating shade we had on STATS over the last 14 years in every sport to break up rows and rows of text.

Live Scoring
- If you set your lineup in a particular order, live scoring now reflects that order
- Fixed live scoring standings for periods before standings are run

Player Movements
- Fixed sort
Set lineup particular order - nice!

Shading - maybe the shading is the same color.....can you make the print the same too? Certainly a different look than what you had on STATS (since you brought up STATS). Can you mimic the shading / print that is on this message board?

TRAIN

Post by TRAIN » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:48 pm

Not sure how hard this would be to program, but how about giving multiple color scheme options for the customers to choose from when they are viewing a page.

In Microsoft Excel, they have many color options where you can change the background color (Fill Color) and the Text Color of a particular block of data, or a whole page, to suit your liking.

Just having the option to customize your own look may be an added incentive to attract more customers.

The default would be the way the colors are in the current Cutline Overall Standings that we have had this year without every other line being shaded.
Last edited by TRAIN on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:53 pm

mdecav wrote:Not sure the purpose of the alternate grey lines but it’s very, very annoying.
I've complained about zero changes but this is unreadable. I don't even want to look at the standings page anymore. It was actually far better than stats looked in my opinion but now it's horrible