Let's Compile The Latest Updates In This Thread

Philippe27

Re: Let's Compile The Latest Updates In This Thread

Post by Philippe27 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:34 pm

Bjs2025 wrote:
mdecav wrote:Not sure the purpose of the alternate grey lines but it’s very, very annoying.
I've complained about zero changes but this is unreadable. I don't even want to look at thegre standings page anymore. It was actually far better than stats looked in my opinion but now it's horrible
Agreed and the Set Lineup page is even more confusing. I thought at first glance that the players in grey were players that were locked.

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:55 am

Philippe27 wrote:
Bjs2025 wrote:
mdecav wrote:Not sure the purpose of the alternate grey lines but it’s very, very annoying.
I've complained about zero changes but this is unreadable. I don't even want to look at thegre standings page anymore. It was actually far better than stats looked in my opinion but now it's horrible
Agreed and the Set Lineup page is even more confusing. I thought at first glance that the players in grey were players that were locked.
Same here and also on lots of pages my team no longer highlights in blue either after the change.

Money

Post by Money » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:30 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:Is there any update on the ability of moving players positions after some games have locked?
This is such a significant problem that is made to be even more significant with all of the postponements. A lot of area's have gone forward, this one is a big step backwards.
Joe

Oaktown

Post by Oaktown » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:49 am

JohnP wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:Today's Fixes:

Site Wide
- Alternate shading on rows. This is the same gray alternating shade we had on STATS over the last 14 years in every sport to break up rows and rows of text.

Live Scoring
- If you set your lineup in a particular order, live scoring now reflects that order
- Fixed live scoring standings for periods before standings are run

Player Movements
- Fixed sort
Set lineup particular order - nice!

Shading - maybe the shading is the same color.....can you make the print the same too? Certainly a different look than what you had on STATS (since you brought up STATS). Can you mimic the shading / print that is on this message board?
The shading is definitely darker (I just looked at my NFBKC league) and I think that is the problem for people. The grey here is darker and the harsher contrast makes it harder to read rather than the lighter grey which didnt stick out so much, but still served the purpose of separating the content.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:14 am

Money wrote:
DOUGHBOYS wrote:Is there any update on the ability of moving players positions after some games have locked?
This is such a significant problem that is made to be even more significant with all of the postponements. A lot of area's have gone forward, this one is a big step backwards.
Right Joe.
This is also the problem that effects the contest itself.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Money

Post by Money » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:15 am

When looking at player movement and sorting by "High Stakes" you only get movement from one league. This happens to be the Diamond draft league. Can you include the other high stakes leagues as well?
Joe

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:02 pm

I would pay a fee to have the grey and white alternating lines reverted to the way it was. I can't stand it.

Ando

Post by Ando » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:44 pm

Is there a way to receive daily updates via email of standings and stats? Am I missing where to select "yes" to this or are you guys not there yet with that. Thanks.
"Luck is the residue of design."

-Branch Rickey

COZ

Post by COZ » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:27 pm

Bjs2025 wrote:I would pay a fee to have the grey and white alternating lines reverted to the way it was. I can't stand it.
Rotoboy already preparing the end-of-year excuses! ;)

The gray is too dark & either needs to be significantly lightened or eliminated. I liked it on the STATS site but for whatever reason the old-man gray is not working with the millenial blue & its distracting & makes me angry whenever I look at it, which is everyday. I'm fine with the all white background as before.
Last edited by COZ on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

COZ

Post by COZ » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:51 pm

Ando wrote:Is there a way to receive daily updates via email of standings and stats? Am I missing where to select "yes" to this or are you guys not there yet with that. Thanks.
Here's your update Ando: if your team drops any further in the standings, you may need to rename your team the Southsiders! Stay focused brah!
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:37 am

We can lighten the shading and see what we can do about making the text darker. We’re just trying to provide a faint eye breaker like we had before. We will tweak where needed. Thanks for the feedback.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Bjs2025

Post by Bjs2025 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:28 pm

COZ wrote:
Bjs2025 wrote:I would pay a fee to have the grey and white alternating lines reverted to the way it was. I can't stand it.
Rotoboy already preparing the end-of-year excuses! ;)

The gray is too dark & either needs to be significantly lightened or eliminated. I liked it on the STATS site but for whatever reason the old-man gray is not working with the millenial blue & its distracting & makes me angry whenever I look at it, which is everyday. I'm fine with the all white background as before.
I didn't have alternating lines worked into my projection system so any finish lower than 3rd I do not accept.

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:44 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:We can lighten the shading and see what we can do about making the text darker. We’re just trying to provide a faint eye breaker like we had before. We will tweak where needed. Thanks for the feedback.
A problem with the shading: if your team is in a white row in the standings it’s highlighted in green. If it’s in a grey row it’s not highlighted.

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:41 pm

Why not have your teams the first thing you see on the splash page when you stay logged in? The page is full of dead space with nothing but upcoming drafts which obviously are non existent. You then get to click my teams essentially twice to get to your teams.

When you click on league I would think 99 percent of people would want the default to be standings not owner list with remaining FAAB dollars.

capper3

Post by capper3 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:06 pm

Please ignore if you this has already been brought up, discuss, hashed and rehashed, but would love to see the baseball next to starters that are projected to start that day. Was always helpful, although I know it can be misleading if starters are changed.

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:31 pm

I’d still like to see the “On Pace” stats on each player page.

That’s all.
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Big League Wood

Post by Big League Wood » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:26 am

capper3 wrote:Please ignore if you this has already been brought up, discuss, hashed and rehashed, but would love to see the baseball next to starters that are projected to start that day. Was always helpful, although I know it can be misleading if starters are changed.
Agree. This should appear on the active stats page.

Also, the Fire icon always made me laugh when my batters was in a prolonged slump but was still flaming !!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:46 am

rkulaski wrote:I’d still like to see the “On Pace” stats on each player page.

That’s all.
The On Pace feature is not on the To Do list. That feature got as many chuckles as the On Fire icon.

The On Fire icon is not on the To Do list. That feature got as many chuckles as the On Pace feature.

The Player Rater stats are not on the To Do list. Nobody ever understood those rankings by STATS or the analytics that made Jonathan Villar the No. 2 player in the NFBC. While it was fun to look at -- everyone likes in-season rankings, right? -- it is not something we are building for our site. We are looking to work with an industry partner that might help in other ways, though, and hopefully that starts with football and continues into all of our other sports. Stay tuned.

We are really concentrating on the programming needs for baseball and football now. Side features aren't a top priority for us. Let's finalize the locked player tool in Set Lineup, let's clean up the designs a little bit and let's get all of these great tools incorporated into football and the other sports soon. That's what we're doing now.

We also need to get all past teams on your My Team pages and the Message Boards transferred to a SportsHub platform. We are waiting for some help from STATS to do that, but those are all big projects as well. Our past history is so important to us -- both on yearly results and in our Message Board posts -- and we still don't have all of that data yet in our possession. We need that, and we know you need that. So that's a big focus as well.

Hope this helps. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:48 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
rkulaski wrote:I’d still like to see the “On Pace” stats on each player page.

That’s all.
The On Pace feature is not on the To Do list. That feature got as many chuckles as the On Fire icon.

The On Fire icon is not on the To Do list. That feature got as many chuckles as the On Pace feature.

The Player Rater stats are not on the To Do list. Nobody ever understood those rankings by STATS or the analytics that made Jonathan Villar the No. 2 player in the NFBC. While it was fun to look at -- everyone likes in-season rankings, right? -- it is not something we are building for our site. We are looking to work with an industry partner that might help in other ways, though, and hopefully that starts with football and continues into all of our other sports. Stay tuned.

We are really concentrating on the programming needs for baseball and football now. Side features aren't a top priority for us. Let's finalize the locked player tool in Set Lineup, let's clean up the designs a little bit and let's get all of these great tools incorporated into football and the other sports soon. That's what we're doing now.

We also need to get all past teams on your My Team pages and the Message Boards transferred to a SportsHub platform. We are waiting for some help from STATS to do that, but those are all big projects as well. Our past history is so important to us -- both on yearly results and in our Message Board posts -- and we still don't have all of that data yet in our possession. We need that, and we know you need that. So that's a big focus as well.

Hope this helps. Thanks all.
Without the On Fire icon, how am I going to know when one of my guys hits a single? :lol:

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:22 pm

Having the available free agents and the bids on separate screens makes this a lot harder.

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:44 am

boy- gregs post sorta says we are "on to football" already. sad.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:39 pm

headhunters wrote:boy- gregs post sorta says we are "on to football" already. sad.
Stupid. Just stupid.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

fwicker

Post by fwicker » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:18 pm

On mobile devices (in my case iPhone and iPad, using Safari or Chrome) moving players up/down in a FAAB bid list is near impossible. Specifically moving players up doesn’t work and moving players down within the list accurately doesn’t work either. I showed you this problem in Las Vegas and it seemed that the direction was going to be addition of up/down arrows. Curious what happened with that. These issues make FAAB problematic when traveling with IOS devices.
"You can observe a lot by watching" - Yogi Berra

acesfull23

Post by acesfull23 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:09 pm

Did the dates go away from the FAAB results page? Makes it a little difficult

TParsons

Post by TParsons » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:11 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Money wrote:
Right Joe.
This is also the problem that effects the contest itself.
Greg,

I know you said this isn't an easy fix, but it's been a month now and you haven't provided any update. "Not an easy fix" should still be done within a couple weeks. The expectation of us owners with multiple teams was that this would be available from the start. All of these cosmetic updates are great, but why isn't this the priority? Very disappointed this hasn't been fixed yet. Had I known in advance, I wouldn't have registered as many teams. Please provide an ETA on this.