Let's Compile The Latest Updates In This Thread

Driver Love

Re: Let's Compile The Latest Updates In This Thread

Post by Driver Love » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:09 am

I recall in past being able to type a players name into the player search window and he would come up with his current status. Either rostered on a team (showing the team) or it would say "undrafted" showing as a free agent. Is that gone?

Also, is there a new NFBC app for mobile devices?

croakerkane

Post by croakerkane » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:18 am

[quote="Driver Love"]I recall in past being able to type a players name into the player search window and he would come up with his current status. Either rostered on a team (showing the team) or it would say "undrafted" showing as a free agent. Is that gone?

Agreed. Another nice feature. Free agents also load ranked by own percentage, with no option to sort by current rankings. That seems odd, doesn't it?
Last edited by croakerkane on Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Union jacks

Post by The Union jacks » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:34 am

Shouldn't the Yankee & Rays players be locked?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:40 am

The Union jacks wrote:Shouldn't the Yankee & Rays players be locked?
I noticed a similar thing last week with the Nationals/Reds game. The game was postponed and moved to Friday. On the Set Lineup page, the Thursday game disappeared and was replaced by a Friday game. As a result, the system registered Nats and Reds players as having no game, thus free to move after their originally-scheduled Thursday start time.

The Union jacks

Post by The Union jacks » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:45 am

King of Queens wrote:
The Union jacks wrote:Shouldn't the Yankee & Rays players be locked?
I noticed a similar thing last week with the Nationals/Reds game. The game was postponed and moved to Friday. On the Set Lineup page, the Thursday game disappeared and was replaced by a Friday game. As a result, the system registered Nats and Reds players as having no game, thus free to move after their originally-scheduled Thursday start time.
Probably doesn't matter as I don't think there will be any baseball in new York before Thursday.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:51 am

Yankees-Rays players are locked now.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:28 pm

Okay, we are seeing some changes to the Live Scoring pages and Team Stats pages now. They include:

1. Team Stats: Cutline points are now there. Just change MLB Stats pulldown to Points and you'll see a composite total of today's Cutline scoring.

2. Team Stats: We are seeing your starters being totaled for 5x5 Rotisseire and points. Right now it is showing today's totals for Period 2. We will add more filters like Today and Yesterday in the Period pulldown. I'll see if we can default to the right time period that we all want.

3. Live Scoring now has the daily totals for your starters. We have put them at the top of the Hitters and Pitchers because we believe that is the first thing you want to see.

4. Live Scoring has eliminated the players' numbers in front of their names. The start time of each player's game and the current score is now there.

5. Live Scoring now defaults to Day Stats. You can see the pulldown for Period Stats if you want it.

I know a lot of people probably have used the Matchup tab yet in Live Scoring and I understand why. But if you want to see what the first place team in your league is doing today, just click on his Period tab and his team will line up next to yours. You can easily see the daily totals or period totals there. Obviously this is huge when you have football head-to-head matchups, but it's an easy see each day in baseball as well.

6. The order of categories in Team Stats is just like in a box score. We'll update Live Scoring that way soon.

7. On Team Standings, you should now have all of your teams at the top of the pulldown menu, so that you can easily go from one of your team standings to another one. The same pulldown is on Live Scoring as well.

I'll add updates as they go live.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:28 pm

Last night's FAAB did take exactly an hour to process, but we had 10,000 claim items and 25,000 claim list items. This was an unusually busy FAAB period and we suspect the numbers will reduce in following weeks and thus the completion time will also be reduced.

We didn't want to mess with the speed of FAAB last night because we knew the system worked in Week 1 and we knew the load was even greater this week. The speed efficiency is something we can look at down the road, but for now the tradeoff is continued efficiency of the system for a little longer processing time. Hope you understand.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Oaktown

Post by Oaktown » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:45 pm

Are the League Standings updated during the day as games are going? If so, isnt that why we have Live Scoring and Standings? I really liked being able to see standings through games of the day before to tell where I stand after a period or a week. Now I can only see that if I check early Monday am before games start? Not a fan of that at all, especially since it's already available live in the live area.

Thanks for all the listening and responding Greg, great to know you are working on the all the issues / problems / complaints. Appreciated as always.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:55 pm

Oaktown wrote:Are the League Standings updated during the day as games are going? If so, isnt that why we have Live Scoring and Standings? I really liked being able to see standings through games of the day before to tell where I stand after a period or a week. Now I can only see that if I check early Monday am before games start? Not a fan of that at all, especially since it's already available live in the live area.

Thanks for all the listening and responding Greg, great to know you are working on the all the issues / problems / complaints. Appreciated as always.
Correct, the Live Standings for overall (which aren't on Live Scoring) and League Standings are updated in real-time on the Standings page. We don't have it like years past where yesterday's standings stay there all day and are updated only once at 4 am. The standings are constantly being updated as games are being played.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Josh R

Post by Josh R » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:56 pm

Is there anyway to make it so on the lineup page, that the whole lineup is in view at once? It takes multiple scrolls up and down to view the lineup. Especially annoying when you're trying to compare games played/matchup. I think this is possible if you could just eliminate the huge blue picture of the stadium and huge lettering of "set lineup".

While you're at it, how about adding a set lineup tab under the reserves? Again, gotta scroll up.

I know these are little things but over the offseason there was a lot of talk about making it easier to manage multiple teams. All these little things add up time wise and make it not as fun/easy as the product should be.

Thanks!

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:59 pm

Josh R wrote:Is there anyway to make it so on the lineup page, that the whole lineup is in view at once? It takes multiple scrolls up and down to view the lineup. Especially annoying when you're trying to compare games played/matchup. I think this is possible if you could just eliminate the huge blue picture of the stadium and huge lettering of "set lineup".

While you're at it, how about adding a set lineup tab under the reserves? Again, gotta scroll up.

I know these are little things but over the offseason there was a lot of talk about making it easier to manage multiple teams. All these little things add up time wise and make it not as fun/easy as the product should be.

Thanks!
Here! Here!
These are VERY important adds....
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:03 pm

Josh R wrote:Is there anyway to make it so on the lineup page, that the whole lineup is in view at once? It takes multiple scrolls up and down to view the lineup. Especially annoying when you're trying to compare games played/matchup. I think this is possible if you could just eliminate the huge blue picture of the stadium and huge lettering of "set lineup".

Thanks!
We did have two Set Lineup buttons on the old site. Let's see if we can add that. I know you have a lot of 50-man roster lineups and that makes sense.

Yeah, let me talk with design about that big block banner for Set Lineup. Thanks Josh.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:34 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Oaktown wrote:Are the League Standings updated during the day as games are going? If so, isnt that why we have Live Scoring and Standings? I really liked being able to see standings through games of the day before to tell where I stand after a period or a week. Now I can only see that if I check early Monday am before games start? Not a fan of that at all, especially since it's already available live in the live area.

Correct, the Live Standings for overall (which aren't on Live Scoring) and League Standings are updated in real-time on the Standings page. We don't have it like years past where yesterday's standings stay there all day and are updated only once at 4 am. The standings are constantly being updated as games are being played.
Greg, something to consider: the tiebreaker for FAAB is Standings through the completion of Saturday's games. If the "official" standings change between Saturday and Sunday, how does the system know what to use for tied bids?

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:52 pm

Speaking of tied bids, I know some other sites show tied bids when it is really just another bid string from the same team.

Looking at results yesterday it looked like maybe the NFBC system is doing that now too? Which would be bad.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:01 pm

KJ Duke wrote:Speaking of tied bids, I know some other sites show tied bids when it is really just another bid string from the same team.

Looking at results yesterday it looked like maybe the NFBC system is doing that now too? Which would be bad.
That's exactly what's happening -- see my post on Page 2

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:07 pm

King of Queens wrote:
KJ Duke wrote:Speaking of tied bids, I know some other sites show tied bids when it is really just another bid string from the same team.

That's exactly what's happening -- see my post on Page 2
This is being corrected. That is exactly what was happening.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

lrr

Post by lrr » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:12 pm

I have question relating to tie bids. I see people doing the following, repeat bids. Here's an example:

Claim 1. Glasnow 30
Drop Crawford
Conditional Trevor Williams 14
Drop Crawford

Claim 2. Glasnow 30
Drop Rua
Conditional Trevor William 14
Drop Rua

I know what happens if you win both bids. But what if you lose the Trevor Williams conditional bid and don't get Williams, If you are are high bid on Glasnow, are you sure you will be dropping Crawford. I remember in the old days the order of your bid doesn't matter, only the high bids matter. So in this example, are you sure you are dropping Crawford. Does claim one always go first even if the high bids are identical?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:16 pm

If you check the Bid History, you can see that the first claim is processed before the second.

Driver Love

Post by Driver Love » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:35 pm

Is there going to be an NFBC mobile app like before?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:55 pm

Driver Love wrote:Is there going to be an NFBC mobile app like before?
We are awaiting approval from the iTunes Store and the Google store. Pay-to-Play fantasy sports apps are having a hard time getting approval since the DFS situation two years ago. The STATS NFBC app was denied last year, but we are working through the system now and remain hopeful.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Rooster

Post by Rooster » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:58 pm

I apologize if this has already been asked and answered but are there plans to make the players who are currently at bat or pitching on your roster highlighted on the Live Stats page? It is pretty dull without this feature IMO.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:05 pm

King of Queens wrote:
Greg, something to consider: the tiebreaker for FAAB is Standings through the completion of Saturday's games. If the "official" standings change between Saturday and Sunday, how does the system know what to use for tied bids?
you asked this type of question on a message board? :twisted:

Oaktown

Post by Oaktown » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:24 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:

Thanks for the quick response Greg, appreciated as always. Definitely a big disappointment for me using the site as I use the end of Day standings a lot and there were already live standings in one place so no idea why they need to be in both, but I will just have to deal. I dislike live standings while games are still active and never look at them so was always nice to have a source to go to especially on Sundays..I will just have to make sure and capture them before games start. Not a change I like, but will deal of course.

Thanks,

SJ

Ichiban

Post by Ichiban » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:30 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Driver Love wrote:Is there going to be an NFBC mobile app like before?
We are awaiting approval from the iTunes Store and the Google store. Pay-to-Play fantasy sports apps are having a hard time getting approval since the DFS situation two years ago. The STATS NFBC app was denied last year, but we are working through the system now and remain hopeful.
Hopefully this will get approved soon. And since both FanDuel and DraftKings have iOS apps, at least we know some DFS apps can still get approved.
Last edited by Ichiban on Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.