Let's Compile The Latest Updates In This Thread

Greg Ambrosius

Let's Compile The Latest Updates In This Thread

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:28 am

Okay, one day is in the books and the NFBC season is off and rolling.

Like you, we are still learning the new web site. But for a first day of Live Scoring, things are working well. Now we just need to tweak some things and improve one very important aspect of the software. We understand all of that and are working on it. Let's use this thread as the central point for updates and suggestions.

Let's start out with what we are working on:

Live Scoring Page: We wanted to roll this page out yesterday with the five Rotisserie categories for hitters and pitchers and make sure everything was working well. It was, but obviously a lot of people wanted more data there. Obviously there is space for more data on that page and we are adding it now. New columns for at-bats and hits for hitters will be added, along with IP, Hits, Walks and Earned Runs for pitchers. We'll also have a listing of the opponent in that space.

Now some of you have found it useful to match another team side-by-side by clicking on Period of any opponent and that will still work. But these additional stats won't show up there. They will be available by clicking batting average and ERA or WHIP, but there will just be the five Rotisserie categories showing in the matchup screens.

Daily Stat Totals: On Live Scoring we will have your daily totals at the top of your hitter roster and pitcher roster. They will appear above your catcher so that they will easily be looked at first and easily compared to other teams in your league. Look for this soon.

Locked Positions on Set Lineup: You can blame me and Tom and Darik for this one, but we did not relate this important feature to IT when we were designing the game and it's not available now. This is NOT an easy fix and it won't be done this weekend and it won't be done next week or for a few weeks. It's a very complicated change and we all are going to have to work through this in the meantime. Everyone is in the same boat here, so nobody has the advantage. But it's something that needs to be done correctly and this is going to take time. We had this same situation at STATS and it was finally added mid-season, but it took a long time to get added.

For now, your players are locked at the position you have chosen once their game starts. We know that's not ideal, but that's the way the software is set up. Please, please look at your remaining options before locking in your players at positions where you could move a multi-player to a different position because a reserve player could move there. Once locked, that player's position is locked. We will begin working on this, but it's NOT an easy change to make.

Cutline Scoring Corrected: That is being updated now. The scoring was not correct yesterday for partial innings. We were giving 1/3rd of a point for 1/3rd of an inning and obviously in our scoring system that is a full point. We are updating that scoring right now and it should show correctly soon.

In the Cutline Team Stats page, we will remove ERA and WHIP and replace with hits and walks allowed.

Okay, we will continue to provide updates on this thread. Thanks all and enjoy the Live Scoring. Make sure you also check out Team Stats page under Stats. That's a very nice addition.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

The Union jacks

Re: Let's Compile The Latest Updates In This Thread

Post by The Union jacks » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:41 am

Thanks Greg...

A couple of things:

1. Standings. I want to be able to switch between my teams when looking at league standings. The drop down box offers me every NFBC league in no rational order. Maybe some people want to be able to look at all leagues but I think we need an easy option to just change between our teams.

2. If i go to my Online championship team live scoring then I click on the drop down to go to my main event live scoring...from that point i should be in my main even team...but if i click team stats it thinks I am still looking at my online championship team. Can we make it so that if we change live scoring all other menus should relate to that team?

Rog

Post by Rog » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:26 am

When setting lineups for the weekend it would be a little less confusing if I didn't see the already played Thursday games. I was at first trying to figure out how some of my guys had a 4 day weekend. thanks in advance.
Last edited by Rog on Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:50 am

Agree with Rog - Friday set lineup page should show Fri - Sun games.

Agree with everyone - locked positional thing is big issue.

Live scoring page - yes, would be great to add ABs, Hits, IP, etc. Would be great if you could make this page have the look / feel of the Team Stats page.

Also on live scoring page - why is the player's number listed? Would be cleaner / neater look to have that removed.

Also on live scoring page - batting average to 3 spots post decimal would be great instead of 4. WHIP / ERA to 2 spots post decimal would be great instead of 3. Whatever that stuff to the left is.....to the tenths instead of 100ths would be great.

Also on live scoring page - could you make the default "day stats" instead of "period stats"? Pretty sure most are going to the live scoring page to see the "today" stats.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks!

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:52 am

In the Overall standings, teams are only listed by venue and date.
The League number should also be added to distinguish many of those teams.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

croakerkane

Post by croakerkane » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:48 am

Friday hitter changes are not reflected in the live scoring. Will these players stats be correctly applied for the weekend?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:05 pm

Yes, we will default Live Scoring to Day Stats, not Period Stats. Getting to that.

Hits and ABs have been added to Live Scoring. The team totals for that day are now at the top. Hits and ABs are not totaling yet at the top, but we'll get that fixed. Under Pitchers, we've added IP, Hits, Walks and ERs. Those will all total for the day as well.

Thanks for the feedback.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Dustmite

Post by Dustmite » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:56 pm

Thanks for quickly implementing these changes
RotoSaurus.com

lrr

Post by lrr » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:46 pm

I posted this comment elsewhere but I wanted to put it in this thread. I agree with Rog's comment about the lineup page. The first day that appears on the Friday though Sunday period should be Friday. It's Thursday right now. In future weeks, the entire week Monday through Sunday appears on the Friday period. I know there are a lot of changes being dealt with but I think it is an important one. Thanks.

Rotofan18

Post by Rotofan18 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:24 pm

I will definitely agree with a couple things brought up here.
1) when I jump from live scoring in one of my leagues only my other teams should show not every NFBC league
2) when seeing lineup page only the games for that period should show. Almost thought i misread rules for this week and all LU
locked yesterday bc i saw the Thursday games still.

Thanks I know its a lot all at one time for you guys and keeping everyone satisfied is thankless

BASEBALL is BACK!!

Steve

Rotofan18

Post by Rotofan18 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:09 pm

Not sure if it was brought up or addressed,

Daily totals on the live scoring page would be nice as well.

I think we all like to see our team totals for day not have to total them up ourselves. I thought i had seen
them yesterday when we 1st went live but cant find now.

thanks guys for everything you've done already, IT must be working triple time!

steve

Philippe27

Post by Philippe27 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:11 pm

A little bug I noticed in the Overall Standings. In the Chg column for some reason there's a "-" in front when teams move up
in the standings and nothing when teams move down. I believe it should be the opposite.

HOB

Post by HOB » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:53 pm

Awesome work so far.....kudos.

My OCD is having a hard time with the live scoring not being in the same order the back of my baseball cards were in however...lol...nitpicking but ya....ocd

The Union jacks

Post by The Union jacks » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:32 pm

I assume it's still being worked on but the live period stats are not right.

for example hunter strickland's stats are not included in the total (they are accounted for everywhere else just not in the livr scoring totals above the pitchers)

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:08 am

On the free agent page - the "My Roster" tab shows nothing when you have "Watchlist Only" selected.

orangemen90

Post by orangemen90 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:56 am

How does one see their starting pitchers for the day in Cutline?

Chthroop

Post by Chthroop » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:12 am

Scoring issues to fix:

1. Totals are not shown on the "Day Stats" page only on the "Period Stats" page
2. Please default to "Day Stats" vs. "Period Stats". I am pretty sure that the #1 reason people go to see the Live Stats page is to see how they are doing that day. It is great to be able to switch to Period View, but that shouldn't be the default view
3. On MOBILE page: Please add "AB" and "IP". It is critical to see AB and IP. You can save space by not showing # of hits because you can calculate from BA and AB the # of hits but at a minimum AB and IP will help
4. Order of columns. This isn't as critical, but normally AB+BA are the first two columns. Typical order would be AB, BA, R, HR, RBI, SB. On Pitching. IP, ERA first
5. Ability to add a second team to compare against (noted above in other posts)
6. Bench Totals

Other areas:
1. PLEASE DON'T FORGET THE ABILITY TO SHOW FREE AGENT STATS BY DATE (Last 7 Days, Last 2 Weeks, Last Month, YTD)
2. Overall number of clicks seems high. For example, why click on "Filter" on Free Agent Page on Mobile? Just always show the filter
3. Date Added to Pool (release or call up date)
4. Default Type of Overall Standings to team selected. For example. If your Team selected in an Auction Format, when you goto overall standings, it always defaults to Main (this isn't a huge issue, others stuff on this list much more important)
5. When you Search for a Free Agent, if the person is already on a Team you are shown nothing, so you are always wondering "did I spell O'DAy correctly???" the old approach showed if the player was already on a team so you knew you had the name right
6. When you select a Rostered Player to Drop, it only shows the Hitting Stats with no way to select Pitching Stats
7. On the Free Agents Page Add: 1) Team Name and 2) Ability select your other teams (this is available in most other places)
8. When Showing your Roster to Drop a player, Show in order of how your team is show on the Live Stats Page
9. When bidding on Free Agents, somehow multiple copies of bids keep getting created. Not sure why
10. The new standings page is cool as it is real time updated, but while the stats are clearly updating the "changed" column appears to be not correct

Thanks. I think when this is all smoothed out (and I think all the issues I mentioned are pretty small fixes I hope), this is going to be very nice!
Chris
Last edited by Chthroop on Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bama

Post by Bama » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:41 am

Philippe27 wrote:A little bug I noticed in the Overall Standings. In the Chg column for some reason there's a "-" in front when teams move up
in the standings and nothing when teams move down. I believe it should be the opposite.
I noticed this too and it definitely should be the opposite. Seems like an easy fix.

marknym

Post by marknym » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:30 pm

Greg, thanks for making improvements and keeping us posted this way. I'll keep checking back, but others have suggested whatever I was going to suggest already.

I was getting scared this site was going the way of cbs, who have lost their way with baseball stat presentation in favor of a mobile friendly look.

But the difference here is I know Greg and Tom are real baseball fans, and will get the stats looking right for baseball box-score reader types like us... eventually. Thanks guys.
Mark Evans

Atlas

Post by Atlas » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:32 pm

Not sure if I’m missing it, but is there a way to get the daily email results?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:15 pm

Atlas wrote:Not sure if I’m missing it, but is there a way to get the daily email results?
This is another item you can blame on me and Tom. We again took this for granted and did not request this. We will get it on the To Do list and discuss with IT on Monday. We’re on it.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

marknym

Post by marknym » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:15 pm

Sort of a useful workaround to compensate for the dead space issue between player names and their stat line when viewing on a computer: drag the edge of your browser window to shrink down the width of it... it forces the stats to push much closer to the player name, making it much easier to see which stats line up with which player. Annoying to have to do this every time, but it's helping me read it for now.
Mark Evans

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:02 pm

Live scoring doesnt seem to be counting saves into the overall stats. Just an FYI for the IT team.

Also there are a lot of players still on FAAB that are not with teams or on a 25 man roster with FAAB coming tommorrow.

bjoak

Post by bjoak » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:15 pm

Here is an issue: I put Velasquez in my line-up for this weekend. When I look at next week's line-up, he's back on the bench. To be sure this was not my mistake, I looked at my history and it only has a record of me activating him. I'm going to be pretty miserable if I realize on Tuesday of some week that Stanton moved onto my bench all by himself.

I will leave him there for the moment if you want to go look at it. $1,500 Rotowire Online Championship #551 Big Alameda Machine
Chance favors the prepared mind.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:54 pm

bjoak wrote:Here is an issue: I put Velasquez in my line-up for this weekend. When I look at next week's line-up, he's back on the bench. To be sure this was not my mistake, I looked at my history and it only has a record of me activating him. I'm going to be pretty miserable if I realize on Tuesday of some week that Stanton moved onto my bench all by himself.

I will leave him there for the moment if you want to go look at it. $1,500 Rotowire Online Championship #551 Big Alameda Machine
I got the same thing on some teams.
For instance, Aaron Hicks magically appeared back in my lineup for next week.
Our rosters should stay as we leave them.
Not good.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!