FAAB Deaadline Easter Sunday Changed To Midnight ET

Greg Ambrosius

FAAB Deaadline Easter Sunday Changed To Midnight ET

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:57 pm

EVERYONE: Tonight's FAAB deadline has been pushed back 2 hours to Midnight ET/11 pm CT. The site finally returned to life at 6:30 pm ET and we'll give everyone 5+ more hours to set their FAAB bids.

The first games tomorrow start around 1 pm ET, so if anyone has trouble getting their starting lineups set with the FAAB pickups you made just email me the changes at [email protected]. Tom and I will get them set for you before the first game. But hopefully the 2-hour delay won't affect too many lineups.

We APOLOGIZE for today's issue. The site was slow loading free agents or down for much of four hours this afternoon. That's not acceptable to anyone here. We apologize and have already taken steps to make sure that doesn't happen again. It was certainly no way to spend Easter Sunday for you or us. More importantly, that can't happen again.

You have two extra hours to finish FAAB tonight. Look for winning bids shortly after. Good luck all in tonight's bidding.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Re: FAAB Deaadline Easter Sunday Changed To Midnight ET

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:56 pm

Just bumping this up for everyone. Deadline is MIDNIGHT ET TONIGHT!! Good luck.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:04 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Just bumping this up for everyone. Deadline is MIDNIGHT ET TONIGHT!! Good luck.
greg - if there is a SNAFU at 10pm and all of the FAAB bids run and we can see the winning bids and who got them, would those bids stand?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:09 pm

Gekko wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:Just bumping this up for everyone. Deadline is MIDNIGHT ET TONIGHT!! Good luck.
greg - if there is a SNAFU at 10pm and all of the FAAB bids run and we can see the winning bids and who got them, would those bids stand?
I'm not dealing in hypotheticals. It's set to run at midnight ET as you can see on your FAAB page.

Why do you want to age me anymore than I've already aged these last two weeks?
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:13 pm

Because it is more likely to happen than not Greg. How about we get ahead of things before they happen rather than play catch up on decisions and go against rules already made.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:18 pm

Doctor Who wrote:Because it is more likely to happen than not Greg. How about we get ahead of things before they happen rather than play catch up on decisions and go against rules already made.
Ouch. Okay, I've made my decision in my head. There it will stay. You and Gekko happy now?
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:27 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Gekko wrote:
I'm not dealing in hypotheticals. It's set to run at midnight ET as you can see on your FAAB page.

Why do you want to age me anymore than I've already aged these last two weeks?
forgive me for asking a question many owners are wondering, esp with the nfbc website taking a shit on all of us today. my bad. sorry for the inconvenience. i (and other customers) were not inconvenienced at all with hours wasted this afternoon trying to access the site and input bids, nor are we inconvenienced with now having to stay up until midnight to ensure our competitors don't get an advantage. what a great start to the work week and the 5am wake up call for me tomorrow. again, somehow it's my bad.

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:32 pm

We will be happy when a National contest can actually have a freaking clue on fair play and guidelines that are followed and not changed because of problems, the same problems yearly, that continue to be a shock to you and still have no plan in place just in case.

So exhausting to hear the same excuses yearly. You had ONE YEAR to work on this product as that was the reason we didn't use it last year and stayed on STATS and still didn't get it right? What has this company been working on in a year? You still were playing catch up this winter and even tried to show us FAAB to qualm fears that it would be worse so people would buy more teams. Well guess what Greg, same thing again! I guess as long as the NFBC is growing, the business can stay happy and customer service and the game itself can continue to get worse. Maybe growing too big too fast since you cant be prepared for simple things like FAAB. Hell you couldn't even run more than 5-6 drafts on your server without problems. You didn't anticipate having problems with 7000 teams are trying to do FAAB on Sunday?

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:00 pm

Christ people give it a rest. I'm sure they aren't OK with what happened but it is fixed and it is working now. If this is the worst thing that happens to me this week then I'm going to jump for fuckin joy! No reason to assume Greg and Tom want to make you miserable. I'm sure what trey went through today was a thousand times worse than anything we had to go through by waiting a couple hrs to access our fantasy baseball teams. I'm sure all of your businesses never have hiccups but in the real world shit happens and we move on.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:05 pm

Gb2715 wrote:Christ people give it a rest.
again, i must be waaaaaaaaaaay off base asking a question like this..."greg - if there is a SNAFU at 10pm and all of the FAAB bids run and we can see the winning bids and who got them, would those bids stand?"

so i ask a legit question many of us are thinking (GIVEN WHAT HAS HAPPENED TODAY) and im the bad guy and i need to give it a rest? if anyone thinks that, go F yourself

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:07 pm

Gb2715 wrote:Christ people give it a rest. I'm sure they aren't OK with what happened but it is fixed and it is working now. If this is the worst thing that happens to me this week then I'm going to jump for fuckin joy! No reason to assume Greg and Tom want to make you miserable. I'm sure what trey went through today was a thousand times worse than anything we had to go through by waiting a couple hrs to access our fantasy baseball teams. I'm sure all of your businesses never have hiccups but in the real world shit happens and we move on.
Except the same shit happens year in and year out. I'm glad you are fine with a sub-par product. You are their future business, so hope more are just like you and want a product that is hard to access on the only real day you need to access it. So if you went to the same restaurant every year for lets say 5 plus years and they couldn't have one flawless dinner service and just said sorry and made you pay full price, you would want to continue to go there? People must be able to run all over you then with that philosophy.

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:10 pm

Gekko wrote:
again, i must be waaaaaaaaaaay off base asking a question like this..."greg - if there is a SNAFU at 10pm and all of the FAAB bids run and we can see the winning bids and who got them, would those bids stand?"

so i ask a legit question many of us are thinking (GIVEN WHAT HAS HAPPENED TODAY) and im the bad guy and i need to give it a rest? if anyone thinks that, go F yourself
I'm wasn't saying you don't have a right to ask. Shit does happen and it will again. But I understand Gregs side too. Like he hasn't had a horrible day already. It's his Easter too. So if that were to happen then I'm sure it will be dealt with appropriately.

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:28 pm

Gb2715 wrote:
Gekko wrote:

I'm wasn't saying you don't have a right to ask. Shit does happen and it will again. But I understand Gregs side too. Like he hasn't had a horrible day already. It's his Easter too. So if that were to happen then I'm sure it will be dealt with appropriately.
See Greg! Other people already know it will happen again. Yet you somehow think it won’t. You know what would prevent horrible days and celebration of holidays? By holding people responsible for not doing their jobs. I know that happens everywhere else in the world... You had an entire year to work on it. So either IT is under qualified for this endeavor or not doing their jobs correctly. And server issues or servers not being able to take the traffic is under their scope. But either of those options after taking up for them earlier this winter, is where he fails on holding people responsible for not doing their jobs correctly. So fuck Easter and every other holiday. Get your business right, then you can do whatever the hell you want. All it takes is being prepared and not constantly being behind the 8ball and not being prepared.

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:48 pm

Gekko wrote:

Greg will be sleeping at 10pm let alone to see if FAAB runs correctly Gekko. Come on, you haven't caught on to the business plan yet to let the worst happen, apologize, and then let it continually happen again?

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:53 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Gekko wrote:

Greg will be sleeping at 10pm let alone to see if FAAB runs correctly Gekko. Come on, you haven't caught on to the business plan yet to let the worst happen, apologize, and then let it continually happen again?
Greg won't be sleeping at 10pm. I've spoken to him many times, and he goes above and beyond the call of duty for tasks in his control and tries like hell to correct things that are not in his control. unfortunately, no matter how hard he pushes, Greg is NOT IT. he is dependent on them, just like we are. im 100% confident that this site will be fantastic next year. unfortunately, we need to get through some beta testing for the remainder of the year.

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:01 pm

So Greg doesn't oversee anything in IT? Just a front man? He has allowed IT to keep embarrassing him for years and years, yet has no power to correct it? If that is the case, then I 100% will apologize and leave the site as I thought Greg was running things here in the NFBC.

Like you know Gekko, he had a YEAR to do any kind of testing, to get outside help and opinions, and did nothing. You must like the continued yearly punishment of fuck-ups. But I'm tapping out. Good for yall in coming back to a substandard game year after year hoping it will be different from the last.

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:05 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Gekko wrote:

Asleep at 10? No, he'll probably be up way past midnight answering emails and adjusting lineups for people. Sure it's something he'd rather not have to deal with but he was on top of the issue this afternoon and pushed through a fix - whether it was easy or difficult I have no idea. An inconvenience? It usually is when shit's not working right. I don't know, maybe I have a little more patience and am more appreciative of his/the nfbs's efforts than to resort to the unnecessary bashing that you're exhibiting here.

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:14 pm

Quahogs wrote:
Asleep at 10? No, he'll probably be up way past midnight answering emails and adjusting lineups for people. Sure it's something he'd rather not have to deal with but he was on top of the issue this afternoon and pushed through a fix - whether it was easy or difficult I have no idea. An inconvenience? It usually is when shit's not working right. I don't know, maybe I have a little more patience and am more appreciative of his/the nfbs's efforts than to resort to the unnecessary bashing that you're exhibiting here.
You must have patience Steve that I dont. I've dealt with NBA problems all year and was blamed on stats. I've been told all winter everything is great and dandy and have seen and dealt with nothing but problems across the board. I could give two flying fucks about it being Easter. It is the same shit that keeps happening year after year after year. And still there is no plan to get out in front of it. There is no quality control. To me it is down right disrespectful to keep coming back to the same thing every year. Its all about the numbers in growing. But if you don't have the pieces in place for those numbers, then why would anyone come back? You think all the new people even know what is going on? Doubt it. But I'll relax next year when nobody has to deal with me ever again. Until then, I'm going down this path of speaking the truth. I mean, bashing... as you like to put it.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:15 pm

Greg,
Thanks for sacrificing Easter with the family to deal with this mess.
I know this hasn't been easy for you.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:17 pm

Go to bed before 10 pm? And miss this thread? No way.

Let's get this right tonight. We know what pain and suffering we caused all of you during the day, but hopefully we get this right tonight and every other FAAB night. I'm not running away from any of your shots. I'm in this for the long haul and always have been.

So keep right on coming at us. We deserve it. But we're gonna get this FAAB right and make sure we improve every aspect of the site every day this week. You can't get rid of me that easily. But keep trying.

And Dan, it wasn't the Easter I expected. But it wasn't what everyone else expected, either. My wife is a saint, that's all I can say.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:17 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:Greg,
LMAO. The mess he created by not being prepared! When was the last time FAAB went good on a full week 1? And yet is blindsided again by it.

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:19 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Go to bed before 10 pm? And miss this thread? No way.

Let's get this right tonight. We know what pain and suffering we caused all of you during the day, but hopefully we get this right tonight and every other FAAB night. I'm not running away from any of your shots. I'm in this for the long haul and always have been.

So keep right on coming at us. We deserve it. But we're gonna get this FAAB right and make sure we improve every aspect of the site every day this week. You can't get rid of me that easily. But keep trying.

And Dan, it wasn't the Easter I expected. But it wasn't what everyone else expected, either. My wife is a saint, that's all I can say.
Glad to see you awake Greg. Thanks for that! Glad someone is in this for the long haul. Too bad its just words and no action. Action takes work though I guess and holding people accountable.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:24 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
DOUGHBOYS wrote:Greg,
LMAO. The mess he created by not being prepared! When was the last time FAAB went good on a full week 1? And yet is blindsided again by it.
Dustin, eat shit.
And laugh your ass off if you want to laugh your ass off.
I don't care.
I can thank Greg if I have a mind to thank Greg.
Or are you just going to scold anybody who posts now?
On my tombstone-

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:29 pm

Who said you couldn't thank him? I didn't. I'm merely laughing my ass off at the fact that you feel sorry for someone that created their own mess by their lack of preparation year in and year out.

If you think this is bashing, wait until the football guys get the same product for FAAB and the draft room that constantly had problems during drafting season at live events and online. I see they are being promised the same thing that it is fine and dandy on their boards when in fact FAAB didnt even work today. But alas, everything is fine. Join. Join. Join!

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:31 pm

I'm thanking him for going through a tumultuous day.
It's been a rough one for him and looks like even rougher for you.
On my tombstone-