Free Agency Tab Will Save You Lots of FAAB Time

Greg Ambrosius

Free Agency Tab Will Save You Lots of FAAB Time

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:15 pm

Since Opening Day, we have added or tweaked more than 90 items within the in-game software. We like a lot of these new changes, but there's one that stands out and deserves its own thread.

This one was added today and it involves your work in bidding on free agents. This new tool should save you hours each week if you have multiple teams and will make your enjoyment of the baseball season even better. Hopefully, it also allows you to spend more time with loved ones each week.

So here it is on the Player Profile page for any player. Here's how you find it:

Click on your Transaction, Free Agents tab and type in Zack Wheeler in the Player Search box. Click on his name and it will take you to a box that has his Player Profile. Click on the Free Agency tab to the right on that Player Profile page.

A new box will pop up that shows you which of your leagues he is a free agent in. Then it allows you to bid for him in all of your leagues from that page. It allows you to put a bid amount, it shows you how much FAAB you have left and it allows you to list the player you want to drop. You can do that for every one of your leagues. Wow, this is very cool.

This could be the nicest tool we've added yet. Please check it out. Thanks to the IT guys.

There's also a Fantasy Transactions tab on that Player Profile page that shows you where he was added or cut in previous weeks and by which owners. That's a nice historical addition as well.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Yah Mule

Re: Free Agency Tab Will Same You Lots of FAAB Time

Post by Yah Mule » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:55 pm

I don't see a Free Agency tab on the right of Zack's Player Profile page. This really does sound great, though.

Wolfpac

Post by Wolfpac » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:09 pm

The free agent tab is no longer showing up for me, just the following tabs

News
Season Stats
Weekly Stats
GameLog
Fantasy Transactions

telestar

Re: Free Agency Tab Will Save You Lots of FAAB Time

Post by telestar » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:10 am

Same for me - I was able to see the free agency information for a while yesterday, then it disappeared. Only ones now available are - News Season Stats Weekly Stats Game Log Fantasy Transactions. Did something change? Tried another browser and logging out/in. Great feature - let me know how I can regain it!

Brian Jenner

Post by Brian Jenner » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:30 am

Good to know I'm not the only one. Tried it this morning and can't see it.

Millertime

Post by Millertime » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:39 am

I don't see it either. Am I missing something?

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:17 am

C'mon guys - great feature, gets MB pinned, email shouted... then program gets updated and then like that poof..

gone

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:55 am

Bait and switch... :oops:
What happened?
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

The Mighty Men

Post by The Mighty Men » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:38 am

LOL unbelievable
Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? “It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.” Isaiah 63:1

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:04 pm

Wolfpac wrote:The free agent tab is no longer showing up for me, just the following tabs

News
Season Stats
Weekly Stats
GameLog
Fantasy Transactions
Yes, sorry guys, it's not there now. IT saw something in that new feature late yesterday afternoon that they wanted to test a little more and didn't want to take any chances with FAAB this weekend. The feature was working great as you saw, but unveiling new software on a Friday is always a bit risky. We are just being safe than sorry on the weekend and testing it some more before using it next week.

Sorry about that. We didn't see this until after we had started the weekend, but we understand why they decided to test it a bit more. It should be there next week and then going forward in all sports. Sorry.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:48 pm

Splitting Players from Bids on the Free Agency page (a concession to include more stats) is a bit of an adjustment, but I'm getting used to it. I did get scared when I switched over right now and thought all the bids I put in last night were gone.

EDIT: Check that. It's switching me back to the player screen every time I adjust a bid and it's maddening. Can we fix this please?

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:12 pm

Bid revision issue fixed. Many thanks.

The Union jacks

Post by The Union jacks » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:03 pm

It's still not there for me...am i going crazy?

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:23 pm

The Union jacks wrote:It's still not there for me...am i going crazy?
Per a post up a couple.....not deployed just yet. Watch list works pretty well though. Took me a little bit to get used to it but I like that one a lot. Anytime you see a guy that you might want - just click on the "eye" and it is added to your watch list. When you get to whatever league - only the players avail via FAAB will show up once you click the watch list box.

I would still trade all of that though for the "move locked player" feature. Update on that one?

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:28 am

Yah Mule wrote:Splitting Players from Bids on the Free Agency page (a concession to include more stats) is a bit of an adjustment, but I'm getting used to it. I did get scared when I switched over right now and thought all the bids I put in last night were gone.

EDIT: Check that. It's switching me back to the player screen every time I adjust a bid and it's maddening. Can we fix this please?

Exactly, please fix this as it is very frustrating!!!
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson