The premature (draftulatuion) league

rkulaski

The premature (draftulatuion) league

Post by rkulaski » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:42 pm

I can’t believe that this league is only a month away from drafting ... I’d like to keep my spot and participate in the 2019 league if commissioner Kenyon, the headhunters, and the the rest are willing .
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

DOUGHBOYS

Re: The premature (draftulatuion) league

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:42 pm

Heck yeah!
I'll send out emails to team managers as soon as this week.
We should be up and drafting by the last week of September!
As always, the first few rounds will be posted on these Boards.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:04 am

Count me in again Dan.

Mike

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:01 pm

Sounds like we are on then . Looking forward to the first draft of 2019.
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:13 am

All 15 drafters are back for the 2019 Pre-Mature E-Draftulation Draft.
Draft spots will be sent out this weekend.
The draft will begin after the last lineups are submitted for current NFBC teams on Fri, September 28.
As always, the first few rounds will be displayed here on the Message Boards and also Todd Zola and Derek Van Riper will most likely have it as a subject for their podcasts.

Any guesses on what the first round will look like? :D
On my tombstone-

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:17 am

Just a heads up for those expecting results from the PreMature E-Draftulation League....
The draft has been suspended for a week. It will begin on October 5.
On my tombstone-

Ultrarunner

Post by Ultrarunner » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:36 pm

Aloha Dan, MadCow is back for the Premature DC when it gets rolling

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:27 am

Awesome Dan!
We'll get that rolling later in October.
Man, I love this time of year!
On my tombstone-

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:07 am

We have had a late drop out in the Pre-Mature League.

The good news- This is your chance to be in the premier NFBC League.
The costs is just $125. It is an e-mail draft that has a few media types who will talk about the draft and a tell-all guy (me) who will list the first few rounds on these boards. We hope for each drafter to pick less than an hour after the last pick during waking hours.

The bad news is that this draft starts...TOMORROW MORNING
Are you ready?
That's alright, neither are we!
But, we can't wait.
If interested, PM me through these Message Boards and I will get your email address and let you know your draft number.

THANKS!
On my tombstone-

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:56 pm

Any updates on the league filling ??
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:38 pm

Filled and ready to go!
On my tombstone-

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:15 pm

Just a note-
It is alarming in how many folks cannot get on these Message Boards and participate.
When asking for PM's for possible PreMature League drafters, not one could PM me.
They had to use other sources like emails, texts, or phone calls.
These folks can still read the Boards, but not participate.
Past company shifts and password snafus being the problem. Now, used to not participating, they just don't.
I know that I could never get on the NFFC Boards, having the same problems.
A lot of folks tell me the Boards aren't what they used to be.
Along with these Boards being sub-standard, themselves, since our move to SportsHub, this is definitely a part of the problem in less participation.

We are six picks into the first round of the Pre-Mature E-Draftulation League Draft.
When finishing the first round, I will post results.
On my tombstone-

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:29 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:15 pm
Just a note-
It is alarming in how many folks cannot get on these Message Boards and participate.
When asking for PM's for possible PreMature League drafters, not one could PM me.
They had to use other sources like emails, texts, or phone calls.
These folks can still read the Boards, but not participate.
Past company shifts and password snafus being the problem. Now, used to not participating, they just don't.
I know that I could never get on the NFFC Boards, having the same problems.
A lot of folks tell me the Boards aren't what they used to be.
Along with these Boards being sub-standard, themselves, since our move to SportsHub, this is definitely a part of the problem in less participation.

We are six picks into the first round of the Pre-Mature E-Draftulation League Draft.
When finishing the first round, I will post results.
Dan, in the upper right just below the Search box is a function called Private Message. Click on that. Then click on New PM. Then click on Find a Member. You can PM as many people as you'd like. In fact, put the whole Premature league in there and you folks can socialize all you want.

It's slightly different from the old boards, but actually better because again you can add all 15 names into one PM. We've also found a way to make the boards faster, whereas they were very slow before. Much better now.

If anyone doesn't remember their Message Board login, just contact Tom at [email protected] (same as before). He will either find your login or help you create a new one. We need this extra step for approving new members because every night we get hundreds of spammers to these boards and you all remember what happened each morning before we stopped that :shock: .

Same with the NFFC boards. Just email Tom for a login if you can't remember it or need help creating a new one.

No, these boards aren't what they used to be. Hell, I'm not what I used to be. But they work just like they did before, so click around to find some of these functions and maybe we'll even bring back Gekko to smack talk on these boards again. I REALLY KNOW that he's not what he used to be on these boards, but that's okay too. ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

steveymer2

Post by steveymer2 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:57 pm

Greg - as you know, I was one of the people who was unable to post or send private messages. I appreciate you and Tom getting my situation taken care of, but it pretty clearly shouldn't require your person intervention anytime there's this kind of problem. For one thing, you've surely got better things to do with your time. For another, not everyone will think to email you two for help. Some experienced players might know how wonderfully responsive you guys are, but many newer players won't. They will just trust the automated system to work and it simply doesn't.

I've tried resetting my password, but the 'submit' button on that form does nothing. I've tried registering two new accounts, but never received the 'activate account' email for either of those. And I've tried reporting these problems via the 'contact board administrator' form, but never got a reply. I doubt this is something you guys handle yourselves and I doubt it's anyone's priority, but at some point someone should take the time to work on the functionality of those automated systems.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:33 pm

So here's an immediate problem I just discovered with the boards which may or may not unfortunately be able to be remedied. When I go to search for old threads and posts, you can find them, but when you click on them to go there to post, nothing happens. Are these just all gone with the switch or can they be salvaged and fixed?
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:19 am

Baseball Furies wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:33 pm
So here's an immediate problem I just discovered with the boards which may or may not unfortunately be able to be remedied. When I go to search for old threads and posts, you can find them, but when you click on them to go there to post, nothing happens. Are these just all gone with the switch or can they be salvaged and fixed?
If you go to the Search box in the upper right you can find any post by typing in the name or an item in the name. Then click on that post and hit the quotation marks to respond. Email me what you're seeing if it's different than that, but I can do it from the Search box.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:50 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:19 am
Baseball Furies wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:33 pm
If you go to the Search box in the upper right you can find any post by typing in the name or an item in the name. Then click on that post and hit the quotation marks to respond. Email me what you're seeing if it's different than that, but I can do it from the Search box.
Greg, I tried this, but I can when I click on the post I want to jump to or the post itself, nothing happens. It doesn't take you anywhere. Please check in with IT on this. Others have told me the same thing.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry