PreMature E-Draftulation Results

Gekko

Re: PreMature E-Draftulation Results

Post by Gekko » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:26 pm

I don’t watch baseball so I guess I’m a good candidate to select machado. Good thing the only thing that matters is the stats put up.

Snell is a 3rd ROUND pitcher on my board. Good luck to the owner taking him 3rd overall.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:29 pm

Champ - when someone makes a pick that doesn’t work out (for a given price point) their margin for error starts to evaporate. Can the guy selecting snell 3rd overall still win the league, of course; however his league competitors loved that pick! :twisted:

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:28 am

ROUND 6

1. Myles Mikolas
2. Raisel Iglesias
3. Zack Greinke
4. David Price
5. JT Realmuto
6. Robby Ray
7. Zack Wheeler
8. Matt Chapman
9. Jose Abreu
10. Joey Votto
11. Aroldis Chapman
12. Joey Gallo
13. Jose Peraza
14. Eddie Rosario
15. Roberto Osuna

That's it!
Those are the first six rounds.
Hopefully soon, Greg and the NFBC opens the draft room doors and everybody can get back to doing what we enjoy most, drafting a fantasy baseball team.
See you in the draft room.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:48 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:34 am
In the first two drafts, the third drafter has taken Acuna Jr. and Snell.
We all know that these two will not be the adp #3 pick at the end of the drafting year.
Who cares?
These drafters wanted those players. They foresaw that these players would not be available to them in the second round, so they were picked in the first.
We, as a group, have no idea who the third best player in fantasy baseball will be next year.
Heck, we don't know who will be first or second best player will be either, we just THINK we do.
you frequently go on these types of rants. should i (and others) stop posting thoughts on draft picks that Greg or yourself post?

i dont know which owners took acuna, snell and mondesi far earlier than i would consider them. my guess is that the owner is buying their second half and multiplying it times 2 and/or they want to be "the guy" who gets the helium player so that social media will go ape shit.

acuna, i have as mid second round. if he moves to middle of lineup (as rumored), i actually like him less. less PA overall, but the real downer would be men on base when he gets on base, ie stolen bases will be tougher to manufacturer. i'll be watching this spring where he hits. leadoff would cause me to move up to early second or even late first if someone falls out

again, the snell pick was horrible. i have him as a 3rd rounder and would likely pass on him until the 4th or 5th.

mondesi - reeks of buxton or even villar a couple years ago. their high strikeout rate always kills these types of guys. at least buxton played elite defense to help him get PA when his offense struggles. i believe villar was taken in the 2nd round after his "great" year. killed every team that took him. right now, i have mondesi as a 5th round gamble. looks like i wont get him anywhere. :lol:

i forgot to mention that the gary sanchez pricepoint of 5th round is actually reasonable this year. zero chance he has a .190 BABIP next year. his two prior years were .317 and .304. even if he BABIP goes up to .300, you are talking about a 30+HR hitter with a .270+ average and a bankroll of RBI at the catcher position. 8-)

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:35 pm

Gekko wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:48 pm
DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:34 am
In the first two drafts, the third drafter has taken Acuna Jr. and Snell.
We all know that these two will not be the adp #3 pick at the end of the drafting year.
Who cares?
These drafters wanted those players. They foresaw that these players would not be available to them in the second round, so they were picked in the first.
We, as a group, have no idea who the third best player in fantasy baseball will be next year.
Heck, we don't know who will be first or second best player will be either, we just THINK we do.
you frequently go on these types of rants. should i (and others) stop posting thoughts on draft picks that Greg or yourself post?-)
No. You should come back with your own thoughts as you did.

Until the season happens, everybody is right...and/or wrong

What? Would you rather hear this?....."Great comments! Thank you very much!"...that would be dull
Last edited by DOUGHBOYS on Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On my tombstone-

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:39 pm

By the way, the price point on Votto even has me interested...And I agree about Sanchez.

And to the point, it won't be me drafting Mondesi this year either.
His minor league history shows many, many injuries.
And there is this...
Mondesi hit 14 homers. One each off of Chris Archer, Jose Quintana, and Andrew Miller, all good pitchers who struggled this past year.
The rest were against Dan Jennings,Josh Tomlin, Jeanmar Gomez, and eight pitchers from the Tigers/Twins staffs, none named Berrios.
I know Mondesi will face DET/MIN pitchers again. But they should be of better quality with a 25 man roster than them running out pitchers from 40-deep squads.
Just something to think about...
Or maybe it's thinking that he never hit 14 homers for any minor league team in a full year.
There are many more reasons to think that he will fail to return second round numbers than reasons he will.
On my tombstone-