Let's Draft!

DOUGHBOYS

Let's Draft!

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:25 am

Open the darned draft room, willya!?
Last year, in waiting for a draft room to be built, we started on November 17.
Why are we waiting this year?
Let's get drafting!
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

WOODERSON

Re: Let's Draft!

Post by WOODERSON » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:32 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:25 am
Let's get drafting!
2ND!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:45 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Let's get drafting!
We are adding features like halving the clock for Draft Champions Leagues in Rounds 31-50 and other features that I posted in late October that will help speed up drafts and in-season management. Those features take some time to program and test. We are doing final testing today on the clock and other features, but will be ready to launch on Tuesday. We all want to get the draft season rolling, but we also want these features that will make drafts more enjoyable over the next five months. Enjoy the weekend and we'll see you soon for the first Draft Champions leagues.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:01 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:45 pm
DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Let's get drafting!
We are adding features like halving the clock for Draft Champions Leagues in Rounds 31-50 and other features that I posted in late October that will help speed up drafts and in-season management. Those features take some time to program and test. We are doing final testing today on the clock and other features, but will be ready to launch on Tuesday. We all want to get the draft season rolling, but we also want these features that will make drafts more enjoyable over the next five months. Enjoy the weekend and we'll see you soon for the first Draft Champions leagues.
It's time to draft!!! No need for any clock modifications for the FAST DC's. We are all our own clocks! :ugeek: Put us down for a Tuesday start as Draft #1. We'll work out the kinks for you. I'll have us to 15 by then, so LET'S ROLL!
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:35 pm

Greg, I know you probably regard me as a sometimes pain in the ass. I get that.
I guess I am just too passionate about this hobby of ours sometimes.
It's so much easier to be on the playing end of the hobby than the business end!
From my perspective, it would make sense to plan for the draft room to be open earlier.
Wouldn't it be grand to go to Arizona with draft rooms open and an even larger buzz about the NFBC there?
We've had two email drafts with 23 different drafters. There were would-be drafters that wanted in on both of those drafts that I had to turn away.
Arizona patrons were also antsy to draft.
This isn't a case of "If you build it, they will come".
The draft room is already built. Drafters coming, a given.
Modifications or changes to the draft room this year and future years should be made in early October. That just makes sense.
Like said, it is easier to be on my side of the equation. I don't have to do any of the work that goes into the draft room being ready.
I am naive as to the nuances of opening the draft room.
All I do have is my exuberance to draft.
And a desire for the NFBC to be bigger and better each year. A thought I know you share as well.
Thanks for the response and I hope we have a wonderful 16th NFBC season. I know we will.
On my tombstone-

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:46 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:35 pm
Greg, I know you probably regard me as a sometimes pain in the ass. I get that.
I guess I am just too passionate about this hobby of ours sometimes.
It's so much easier to be on the playing end of the hobby than the business end!
From my perspective, it would make sense to plan for the draft room to be open earlier.
Wouldn't it be grand to go to Arizona with draft rooms open and an even larger buzz about the NFBC there?
We've had two email drafts with 23 different drafters. There were would-be drafters that wanted in on both of those drafts that I had to turn away.
Arizona patrons were also antsy to draft.
This isn't a case of "If you build it, they will come".
The draft room is already built. Drafters coming, a given.
Modifications or changes to the draft room this year and future years should be made in early October. That just makes sense.
Like said, it is easier to be on my side of the equation. I don't have to do any of the work that goes into the draft room being ready.
I am naive as to the nuances of opening the draft room.
All I do have is my exuberance to draft.
And a desire for the NFBC to be bigger and better each year. A thought I know you share as well.
Thanks for the response and I hope we have a wonderful 16th NFBC season. I know we will.
Stop with this weak-ass apologetic pandering! You know damn well that Greg loves you. It's me he can't stand! :mrgreen: I mean you could stand on his front porch, put a paper bag full of your own feces on his welcome mat, light it on fire, ring his doorbell in the middle of the night, and he wouldn't only run to the door to stamp it out, he'd happily invite you in for Coronas and cheese not even taking the time to clean off his moccasins and thanking you afterwards for just how fragrant his kitchen now is. :lol:
Last edited by Baseball Furies on Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:55 pm

Meanwhile, back at NFBC HQ in Wisconsin...

In this photo: (front row) Tom and Greg; (back row) Actually, you really don't want to know about the back row. :twisted:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:14 am

The passion of NFBC owners is unparalleled and we know that. Hell, WE ALL WANT TO DRAFT RIGHT NOW!!

Yes, having the draft room out as quickly as possible is what we all want. This year we added some changes that took programming time and we KNOW these changes will speed up all drafts. I think it's time well spent. And the last thing we want is for these changes not to work. We did use the new draft room without the additions in Arizona and you are right Dan, everyone loved the quickness of the online draft software.

Let's DRAFT!!! We hope to do that on Tuesday. Instead of taking first signups on the Message Boards, we'll let everyone know via email when the draft room is open and start drafts that day when they fill. If you guys are correct, we should have a couple of drafts going right away.

On another note: THE IOLA-SCANDINAVIA THUNDERBIRDS QUALIFIED FOR THE DIVISION 6 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AT CAMP RANDALL ON THURSDAY!!!

The T-Birds are 13-0 and have been ranked No. 1 all year long. Our star halfback just set the all-time career rushing record for the state in all divisions and he has one more game to go. We lost the state championship game last year in Madison, but hopefully it's a different ending this year. We won 27-25 last night in a real thriller -- in a driving snowstorm and a wind chill of 4 degrees. My big boy is a two-way starter and it's been the thrill of a lifetime to watch these great kids play.

So yes, I'll be around to kick off the season on Tuesday, but on Thursday, my attention is 110% on our boys here!!! :D SO PROUD OF THESE KIDS. Wow, what a year.

Okay, sorry about that, but I promise we'll be drafting soon. And yes, us Hillbilly's know how to play football!!! :lol:
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:37 pm

That is great stuff, Greg.
Amazing how life works. We want the best for ourselves as youngsters, but as we get older, our families are what we care about most.
And when a kid is involved with ANY kind of competition, we are right there with them.
The better the performance, the more proud we become.
Heck, even if failing, we're still proud for the try.
Again, great stuff.

Thanks for taking my post in the spirit in which it was written and please put me in the first two hour league that opens.
For you fellas that are sitting on a fence, there are plenty of drafts to choose from.
Mikey is having signups for a fast paced draft that will end in less than five days.
If having a clean schedule or love the auto feature, these drafts are great.
Two hour drafts typically last less than two weeks.
Four hour drafts can last anywhere from two weeks to four weeks.
Of course, those times were without the new speed-up rules for rounds 31-50.
They could be even quicker this year.
Thanks and can't wait for the Grand Opening!

PS- Aren't 'hillbillies' a southern thing? 'Backwoods', 'Rubes', or 'Hicks' might work. :D
On my tombstone-

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:14 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:14 am
The passion of NFBC owners is unparalleled and we know that. Hell, WE ALL WANT TO DRAFT RIGHT NOW!!

Yes, having the draft room out as quickly as possible is what we all want. This year we added some changes that took programming time and we KNOW these changes will speed up all drafts. I think it's time well spent. And the last thing we want is for these changes not to work. We did use the new draft room without the additions in Arizona and you are right Dan, everyone loved the quickness of the online draft software.

Let's DRAFT!!! We hope to do that on Tuesday. Instead of taking first signups on the Message Boards, we'll let everyone know via email when the draft room is open and start drafts that day when they fill. If you guys are correct, we should have a couple of drafts going right away.

On another note: THE IOLA-SCANDINAVIA THUNDERBIRDS QUALIFIED FOR THE DIVISION 6 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AT CAMP RANDALL ON THURSDAY!!!

The T-Birds are 13-0 and have been ranked No. 1 all year long. Our star halfback just set the all-time career rushing record for the state in all divisions and he has one more game to go. We lost the state championship game last year in Madison, but hopefully it's a different ending this year. We won 27-25 last night in a real thriller -- in a driving snowstorm and a wind chill of 4 degrees. My big boy is a two-way starter and it's been the thrill of a lifetime to watch these great kids play.

So yes, I'll be around to kick off the season on Tuesday, but on Thursday, my attention is 110% on our boys here!!! :D SO PROUD OF THESE KIDS. Wow, what a year.

Okay, sorry about that, but I promise we'll be drafting soon. And yes, us Hillbilly's know how to play football!!! :lol:

Greg, I will have a list of 15 drafters for the league I assembled probably by the time you read this post tomorrow a.m. So whatever needs to be done to set this league up for us, please just make it happen. No email blast is needed for us to alert us that you are now taking sign-ups and the draft room is open for business.

And I agree with Dough. All of the updates and improvements to the draft software and draft room are great, but they should be done and ready for launch during the six months that we aren't drafting so that you can be open for business to accommodate us as soon as the baseball season ends at the latest each year.

Big League Wood

Post by Big League Wood » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:34 am

Are ya’all on track to open the draft room today?

edsb41

Post by edsb41 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:29 pm

Looks like I missed the first DC of the year but I’ll sign up for the 2nd.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:31 pm

Big League Wood wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:34 am
Yes. Just doing some final testing and tweaking of items. We want to get this all done before going live, but we should be live in the next hour. We'll get the first full FAST DC signed up under the 2-hour DC format, so hold off on signing up for any of those until we're done. But you can sign up for a 4-Hour DC as soon as Registration is open and I have a feeling we'll get that one full and drafting today yet. Thanks for your patience everyone.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Big League Wood

Post by Big League Wood » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:57 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:31 pm
Big League Wood wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:34 am
Yes. Just doing some final testing and tweaking of items. We want to get this all done before going live, but we should be live in the next hour. We'll get the first full FAST DC signed up under the 2-hour DC format, so hold off on signing up for any of those until we're done. But you can sign up for a 4-Hour DC as soon as Registration is open and I have a feeling we'll get that one full and drafting today yet. Thanks for your patience everyone.
Thanks for the response. Just trying to figure out if I need to “work”late tonight! LOL

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:13 pm

Registration is now open. We are signing up the first owners in the 2-Hour Draft Champions league and had someone jump in who wasn't on that first list. We have to delete that signup, but then we should be ready to go with that league drafting.

Everything else is open for business!! Enjoy all and welcome to the 2019 NFBC season!! :D
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius