Last years teams

nickboyd33

Last years teams

Post by nickboyd33 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:48 pm

In an effort to review for this season I was hoping to go back and look at my drafts and roster from last year. Is that still possible?

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Last years teams

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:39 am

nickboyd33 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:48 pm
In an effort to review for this season I was hoping to go back and look at my drafts and roster from last year. Is that still possible?
Not at this point, but they will be available soon. We should have a better timeline for these teams in the next week.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:47 pm

Update?

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:14 pm

Bump

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:59 am

We'll try to get a better idea of the timeline this afternoon. We know the importance of these.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:01 pm

Darik B wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:59 am
We'll try to get a better idea of the timeline this afternoon. We know the importance of these.
Anything?
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Ultrarunner

Post by Ultrarunner » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:58 am

This shouldn’t be as hard as it appears. What’s the hold up?

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:43 pm

It's a huge data dump, so it's not as easy as it sounds. It won't be this week, at least not it full. We are trying to at least get some of the info available, but you won't be able to see all your 2018 teams just yet.

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:01 pm

...and as a former player (and one not all that far removed), I know the importance of this data. As soon as we can get it all finished up, we will.

Sorry I don't have better news or an exact date, but it WILL get done.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:35 pm

I don't understand why they were taken away.
In the past, they have been retained, while we had the power to 'hide' the teams at will.
It seems this new company makes decisions without forethought at times. Such is America.

Another reason why these are important for us to have is returning leagues.
I can't email fellas in the New Years Day Draft or even the Mia Draft without the information in who were in those leagues last year.
Vital.
On my tombstone-

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:13 pm

Nothing was taken away...they have to be moved. Different platforms. Moving forward in subsequent years, they will always be available. I know that matters very little now, but there are reasons things had to change. Again, I'm not an IT guy, just a messenger at this point.

Dan, can you locate threads here for those leagues last year...at least for now?

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:24 pm

Darik B wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:13 pm
Nothing was taken away...they have to be moved. Different platforms. Moving forward in subsequent years, they will always be available. I know that matters very little now, but there are reasons things had to change. Again, I'm not an IT guy, just a messenger at this point.

Dan, can you locate threads here for those leagues last year...at least for now?
Thanks Darik. Will do.
On my tombstone-

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:55 am

...and let me know if you need emails for anyone. I'll be happy to send them to you.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:43 am

We know that everyone wants access to last year's teams so that you can see draft boards of your own teams and even those boards and draft results of other NFBC owners who put together winning teams. We know that is a big part of each prep season, but unfortunately all of last year's teams are on a different platform again and need to be brought over to this new platform. I know that's frustrating, but we now have all of this software on a platform that will more easily be able to transfer everything from one season to the next. This won't happen again and next year we are confident that we'll be able to launch the site sooner because of this change.

But I think the most important information that everyone wants right now to begin their prep work is final standings for each contest and the stat categories for every contest. Everyone wants to see what stats they need to hit to finish at 90% or 80% or whatever target number they are shooting for in these national contests. That seems to be essential information that isn't there right now because Overall Standings isn't there.

The IT guys did go into the old platform and grabbed this information for each contest and gave us two Excel documents that has all of this information for each of the national contests. We will see what the best way there is to get this information to everyone so that you have this soon. Give us a bit to regroup here and kick some ideas around and then we'll get this to those who want it. Maybe it's one massive email or maybe we can post this somewhere that is easily accessible for everyone. Give us a bit and we'll get this done.

So the good news is that we have this information that you want. The 2018 past teams info won't be available this month, unfortunately, but at least let's get this part of your draft prep moving forward. Look for more details soon and thanks everyone.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:02 pm

Okay, if you already have a 2019 team you can find the Overall Standings and all of the category rankings available right now from 2018. Just click on any of your team links on My Teams and go to Standings. There you will see a pulldown that says Download NFBC Files.

You will see three available files in Excel:

2018 NFBC Overall Standings (Excel Format)
2018 NFBC Category Statistics (Excel Format)
2018 NFBC ADP (Excel Format)

We are working on a solution to post these files for everyone who doesn't have a 2019 NFBC team yet. Right now you don't have access to this Standings link, but we're working on that now. Give us a bit and we'll have this figured out soon. Enjoy.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:16 pm

Okay, last year's teams and stat categories for all 2018 NFBC national contests are available here:

https://playnfbc.shgn.com/downloadfiles

Enjoy all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:37 am

Can we expect that the other data (league draft order and picks, dollar bids, etc.) will also be available at some point?

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:00 am

The next step is full access to 2018 teams. There won't be another intermediary. Again, we know the importance and are working to get this done as soon as we can.

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:07 am

Any update on when this data will be available?

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:00 pm

While you're at it, is there is any way that we are going to be able to search for old message board posts and threads and then jump to them to revive them or post on them? As of now, you can search and find them, but when you click on them, nothing happens and you stay where you are. I believe there was some sort of fix posted about this earlier, but it's been quite sometime since then. How can we do this? :?
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:55 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:00 pm
While you're at it, is there is any way that we are going to be able to search for old message board posts and threads and then jump to them to revive them or post on them? As of now, you can search and find them, but when you click on them, nothing happens and you stay where you are. I believe there was some sort of fix posted about this earlier, but it's been quite sometime since then. How can we do this? :?
Right click
Copy link
Paste link