First Online Auction - glitch?

Deadheadz

First Online Auction - glitch?

Post by Deadheadz » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:33 pm

Just an FYI for anyone who did the NFBC auctions previously where the first 345 picks were at RTSports then got loaded into a NFBC snake draft.

When we did them before, the first pick of round 24 was player 15 (pick 346) just like every other snake draft. But the new NFBC hosted auction apparently doesn’t snake at the round 23/24 turn.

It resets to player 1 for round 24.

Just a heads up so you don’t assume KDS 15 gets you the first player in the reserve rounds.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

mbendar16

Re: First Online Auction - glitch?

Post by mbendar16 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:54 am

I read this thinking there was an actual glitch with the software (why would the title actually relate to what was written :roll: ).

Can someone in last night's auction comment on the NFBC room for these - the fact that the complaint was pick 1 instead of pick 15 in Rd 24 suggests it went well.

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:10 am

How long did it take?

Yeah I texted with Darik about this a little last night/this morning.

When we ran them on RT sports.......DC auctions we did with pick #15 going first because if you think about it...23 rounds were manually entered into nfbc from RT sports and round 24 is a round where team 15 will pick first. For FAAB auctions....pick 1 went first because all 30 rounds were being captured offline and then loaded onto NFBC. Also FAAB online auctions are good practice for live event auctions so pick 1 is first at the live auctions so we wanted to emulate the same thing here for FAAB auctions.

Now that NFBC does all the auction stuff on their site....its time to evaluate how to handle these. That's nfbc's call......they just need to make it clear for future auctions........how that will go to set expectations.

I agree with Mark....its not a glitch.....more an understanding of how things will work now that RTSports is out of the equation.

Ultrarunner

Post by Ultrarunner » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:27 am

The live auction events start the reserve rounds at pick # 1. Why would online be any different?

Last night’s auction went OK. There were some performance glitches and lag but I didn’t see any major issues.

The whole auction portion took roughly 4.5 hours wth one 5 minute break after round 10/150 players. Good pace

One lesson for future participants, load your queue well before you get to the $1 player drawings. When you’re at that part of the auction, you get the same quick nomination time as the rest of the auction so if you’re trying to queue as it happens, you’re potentially gonna hose yourself.
Last edited by Ultrarunner on Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:30 am

Ultrarunner wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:27 am
The live auction events start the reserve rounds at pick # 1. Why would online be any different?

Last night’s auction went OK. There were some performance glitches and lag but I didn’t see any major issues.
I would recommend everything starts with #1 now that all parts of online auctions reside within NFBC

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:51 am

mbendar16 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:54 am
I read this thinking there was an actual glitch with the software (why would the title actually relate to what was written :roll: ).

Can someone in last night's auction comment on the NFBC room for these - the fact that the complaint was pick 1 instead of pick 15 in Rd 24 suggests it went well.
You missed the question mark at the end?
Again, it was a heads up for all those who have done only online auctions here in the past and always saw pick 346 go to team 15.
No complaints.
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:07 am

76erfan wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:30 am
Ultrarunner wrote:

I would recommend everything starts with #1 now that all parts of online auctions reside within NFBC
Correct. It's no different than our live auctions, which go 1-15, 15-1, etc. In fact, the RT Sports online auctions screwed up the thinking of our live auctions where people expected us to go 15-1, 1-15 at the live auctions.

IT'S THE FIRST PICK OF THE RESERVE ROUND. Naturally it goes 1-15, 15-1, etc.

This isn't a GLITCH and not good headline writing by the author for our debut auction.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Ultrarunner

Post by Ultrarunner » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:11 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:07 am
76erfan wrote:
Ultrarunner wrote:

Correct. It's no different than our live auctions, which go 1-15, 15-1, etc. In fact, the RT Sports online auctions screwed up the thinking of our live auctions where people expected us to go 15-1, 1-15 at the live auctions.

This isn't a GLITCH and not good headline writing by the author for our debut auction.
Exactly.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:46 am

I will explain the Max Bid feature in a separate thread because I know there is some confusion and trepidation with this new feature. I'm pretty sure we are the only auction software with this feature and we really think it's a good one. But it takes knowledge on how it works and how it can benefit everyone in that auction before more people use it.

This auction took 4 1/2 hours to complete, which isn't bad. Not that we want to rush it along, but the Max bid feature if used properly likely can cut some time off that total. Auctions take awhile as we all know, but if we get these down to 4 hours or even less they would be much easier to do each week. Let me try to explain this feature and we'll see if more people use it going forward. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:44 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:07 am
76erfan wrote:
Ultrarunner wrote:

Sorry Greg.
If the natural way mirrors the live auctions I’m surprised no one asked why we started with team 15 all those previous years of online auctions.
It’s no big deal to me. I didn’t mean to disparage the product.

If you feel this thread hurts your brand, please remove it with my apologies
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz