Mark Srebro Is The 6th Inductee To The NFBC Hall of Fame

Greg Ambrosius

Mark Srebro Is The 6th Inductee To The NFBC Hall of Fame

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:38 am

We are proud to announce today that Mark Srebro of York, Pennsylvania will be the sixth inductee to the NFBC Hall of Fame in March. Mark is a Charter Member of the NFBC who has been an active player in the NFBC as well as the NFFC for each of the last 15 years. He is a two-time national champion in football and he has become our most prolific champion in the NFBC.

Mark has won SEVEN NFBC Main Event league titles since 2004, second only to Hall of Famer Steve Jupinka's eight Main Event League titles. He has finished in the Top 10 overall of the Main Event six times, finishing as high as 2nd overall to Jupinka in 2010. He's also finished 5th in 2007, 5th in 2015, 6th in 2008, 9th in 2010 and 10th in 2018. He also won the Combined Prizes national title in 2010 when he finished 2nd in the Main Event and 4th in the Live Double Play.

But as I began to track his history in the NFBC, one fact continued to jump off the page. This guy was winning A LOT of league titles. And I mean, A LOT. It's not easy to win a 15-team league title in any format. Heck, even winning a 12-team league title against our crowd is tough. But Mark not only wins in ALL FORMATS, but he wins a lot. Do you know how much?

56 LEAGUE TITLES

That's what he's won in the NFBC since 2004. 56 different league titles. Now that's a lot. There's no question it's the most league titles any owner has won in NFBC history and I'm not sure anyone else is even close.

Mark now becomes the 6th NFBC player to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. He joins:

NFBC Hall of Famers
2010 - Steve Jupinka, Shawn Childs
2012- Lindy Hinkelman
2015 - David DiDonato
2017 - Dave Potts
2019 - Mark Srebro

Mark will be drafting live at the Stewart Hotel in New York City on the weekend of March 15-17 and we'll honor him there. Anyone trying to celebrate with him and Jason Emma on Friday Night takes their life in their own hands. :lol: He also will likely be at Park MGM in Las Vegas March 21-24, where we'll give him a more formal and gaudy presentation. Twice is just fine for this inductee.

So let's get to the resume and the league titles to showcase this honor. Unfortunately, I currently don't have a full list of his teams on the site, so I can't see a complete total of leagues entered vs. leagues won or cashed. Once we get our whole history back on this site, I'll be able to dig into that like I've done with past Hall of Fame inductees and will post it. But I do have a full list of league champions, so that's the data I'll present here.

Hall of Famer Mark Srebro:

Mark has won 7 Main Event league titles. They include: 2007, 2008, 2010, 2010, 2015, 2016, 2018. He also won a Live Double Play league title in 2010, which led to his Combined Prizes title.

Mark didn't win any league titles during his first three baseball seasons in 2004-2006, but he made up for that by winning the 2004 NFFC Classic overall title and the $100,000 grand prize there. As most of you know, he was the loudest owner on the Message Boards in the early years (yes, you can be LOUD on the Message Boards), and he boasted that he would win our first national football title early and often. He drafted live in Las Vegas that year and did just that, much to the chagrin of many owners who wanted to put him in his place.

His first NFBC title came in 2007 when he won his first Main Event league title and finished 5th overall.

In 2008, he won another Main Event league title and finished 6th overall. It was also the first year we ran Satellite Leagues, and he won a $250 Satellite League title and $2,000 there.

In 2009, he won a New York Mixed Auction League title and two Online Championship league titles.

One of the best seasons in NFBC history was turned in by Mark in 2010 when he cashed in 13 of 14 leagues that he played in. He won a Main Event league title in Atlantic City and another Main Event league title in New York City, finishing 2nd and 9th overall. He won a Live Double Play in Atlantic City, leading to the Combined Prizes title. Oh, he also finished 4th in the Combined Prizes. He won two $125 Satellite Leagues. And then he dove into nine Draft Champions leagues, winning eight league titles, giving him 13 money finishes in 14 leagues.

In 2012, he won two Draft Champions league titles.

In 2013, he won 10 Draft Champions league titles and cashed in 18 DC leagues as he turned his attention more to draft 'n hold leagues.

In 2014, he tied for first place in the Las Vegas $1300 AL Auction League and won one Draft Champions league.

In 2015, he was back in the Main Event and won one league title, finishing 5th overall, and won the Las Vegas $1300 AL Auction league title again. He also won one Online Championship league title, one $250 DC Auction League title and five Draft Champions league titles.

In 2016, he won another Main Event league title and three Draft Champions league titles.

In 2018, he won his seventh Main Event league title and two Draft Champions League titles. He finished 10th overall in the Main Event and 7th overall in the Draft Champions National Championship.

That's 56 league titles in the last 12 years. That's titles in the Main Event. In the AL Auction. In the Mixed Auction. In the Live Double Play. In the Online Championship. In 15-team Satellite Leagues. In the Online Auction leagues. And especially in the Draft Champions format.

We have been stingy in placing our champions in the NFBC Hall of Fame because it's the ultimate honor in a very tough format. But we look for people who dominate over time and dominate in multiple formats. Our previous Hall of Famers have done just that and Mark certainly has done that over 15 years in the NFBC and then some. It's an impressive resume, but one that I know isn't complete. He hasn't earned an overall national championship yet and I have a feeling who won't rest until he does. That's just my hunch. ;)

He has won two national titles in the NFFC. He won the NFFC Classic in 2004 and two years ago he won the NFFC Draft Champions National Championship. He has six teams in the Top 16 overall in this year's NFFC Draft Champions National Championship. I haven't added up his NFFC titles yet, but it looks like I should. Pretty amazing.

CONGRATS to Mark Srebro from all of us here at the NFBC. We reached out to past NFBC Hall of Famers for input on this nomination and once we got that and the complete resume it was an easy call for me, Tom and Darik to make. Congrats on the honor Mark and we'll celebrate TWICE in New York and Las Vegas. Enjoy.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Re: Mark Srebro Is The 6th Inductee To The NFBC Hall of Fame

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:45 am

Well deserved Mark. Congrats. :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Darik B

Post by Darik B » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:47 am

Yep, very well deserved. Congrats!

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:50 am

WELL DESERVED. Great guy. Great player. CONGRATS!

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:32 am

If there is any one player that does not need an ego stroked, it's Mark.
That said, what took so long? :mrgreen:
He has successfully made the transformation from best pain in the ass to the NFBC to the best player in the NFBC.
A wonderful transformation and I've enjoyed seeing both sides (I don't think Greg shares that thought) :lol: .

Mark has always been a part of the elite echelon.
If he does not tell you, others will, that he is very deserving of this honor and one of the very best the NFBC has to offer.
He is So competitive that if Hall of Famers were ranked, he'd be going for Number One among them.
Ultra deserving.

Congratulations Mark!
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:36 am

Congrats Mark! Well deserved. You are a beast of a competitor. Hopefully this goes to your head and you let up a bit on the prep! What an honor - congrats man.

COZ

Post by COZ » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:38 am

Damn, what an amazing resume. It a'int bragging if you can back it up. Congratulations on a well-deserved honor & recognition of consistent excellence, Mark.

7 Main Event Titles? 10 DC Titles in one year? 56 League TITLES? And unlike Mad Dog Russo he doesn't even watch the games? Incredible. Clearly, I think the only proper way to honor such excellence in Vegas would be with a DiMaggio-like entrance..........

COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:39 am

COZ wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:38 am
Damn, what an amazing resume. It a'int bragging if you can back it up. Congratulations on a well-deserved honor & recognition of consistent excellence, Mark.

7 Main Event Titles? 10 DC Titles in one year? 56 League TITLES? And unlike Mad Dog Russo he doesn't even watch the games? Incredible. Clearly, I think the only proper way to honor such excellence in Vegas would be with a DiMaggio-like entrance..........

Nicely done Coz. Nicely done.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:03 pm

Mark - Congrats! A great honor and one that is very well-deserved. Looking forward to seeing you in NYC and hopefully Vegas in March.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Brock

Post by Brock » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:30 pm

Mark congrats on a remarkable history of success in this great game we all love. I always enjoyed our conversations over a few drinks before and after drafts and your passion always came shining through. It’s nice to see a good guy get the recognition they deserve. Best of luck going forward and hopefully I’ll do a live venue again and shake your hand. Be well.

low talkers

Post by low talkers » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:46 pm

Congrats and Welcome Mark! Incredible resume that speaks for itself, well deserved.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:20 pm

Most of you know Mark as one of the all-time great competitors of the NFBC. Some have even suggested he's the more talented side of "Gekko and the King." :lol: As for me, I am proud to call him, first-and-foremost, my friend.

This award is richly deserved, and long overdue. Congrats, Mark. Looking forward to celebrating...in style. 8-)

Sack

Post by Sack » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:33 pm

Congrats on being selected for induction into the NFBC Wing of the HOF!

Well deserved honor and hats off for your achievement Mark.

Ken Magner

Ando

Post by Ando » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:28 pm

Congrats Mark. A well deserved honor for you. It's good to see you in that club; you belong there.
Last edited by Ando on Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Luck is the residue of design."

-Branch Rickey

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:55 pm

Greg, Tom, Darik, NFBC – I can’t tell you what an honor it is to be mentioned in the same breath as Jupinka, Childs, Hinkelman, DiDonato & Potts. These guys are the best of the best. The great white sharks of the competition. The guys you never want to see as competitors in your league. This is something I will always cherish. Thank you. :)

Fellow NFBC participants
– Thank you for the kind words. It means a lot to me. Winning in the NFBC is not easy. Every year, the competitors, you guys, get better. I can’t wait to see many of you in NYC and LV. 8-)

I am going to close with this… “I don't throw darts at a board. I bet on sure things. Every battle is won or lost before it's ever fought.” For all you know, as you sit here reading this post, I may have identified a player that is going to breakout in 2019 and further cement my quest of being the greatest high stakes season-long fantasy baseball player in the world. No offense to great white sharks, but I’m thinking megalodon, baby! Who is going to stop me? You? Be honest with yourself. As the great Jimmy Valvano once said, “It's so important to know where you are. I know where I am right now. How do you go from where you are to where you want to be?” Ask yourself: How much time do you spend on independent off-season preparation? What does your preparation consist of? Can you craft a viable draft day blueprint AND execute on draft day when the curtain comes up and the pressure is on? I’m here sharpening my fantasy baseball knives every free moment I have. What are you doing? :twisted:

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:02 pm

I'm very happy for you Mark. In my mind, this has been a long time coming. Enjoy the well deserved accolades Bud.

cfolson

Post by cfolson » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:16 pm

Gekko wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:55 pm
I’m here sharpening my fantasy baseball knives every free moment I have. What are you doing? :twisted:
Beating you at football again. And thinking I need to work harder on baseball...

Seriously, congratulations! You are one the best.

Red Sox Nation-

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:31 pm

Congrats Mark. Year in and year out your consistency is incredible. I look forward to seeing you in NY and LV to battle again.

Jason

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:33 pm

Congrats Mark. Hoping Cindy comes out of hiding to attend the induction ceremony.
2019 Mastersball Platinum

5 of the past 6 NFBC champions subscribe to Mastersball

over 1300 projections and 500 player profiles
Standings and Roster Tracker perfect for DC and cutline leagues

Subscribe HERE

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:52 pm

Mark's results are doubly impressive when you consider his ability to ELEVATE. Meaning he elevates the play of all the others around him because most want to beat the tar out of him or die trying :lol: But seriously I've been competing against Mark for 15 years now and there's no equal in ferocity. Hell of a player and good guy. Congrats on your well earned induction Mark.

Q

Rog

Post by Rog » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:10 pm

Congrats man/ 1 of the many people on this site that I don't mind having my ass handed to me by.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:53 pm

I always try to keep emotion out of my fantasy play, but I have to say, i’ve been deeply moved by your posts. It means a lot to me

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:36 am

Gekko wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:53 pm
I always try to keep emotion out of my fantasy play, but I have to say, i’ve been deeply moved by your posts. It means a lot to me
Just getting caught up here...well earned, my friend. Congratulations!
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Ultrarunner

Post by Ultrarunner » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:52 pm

Gekko wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:53 pm
Don;t let it go to your head. Too late :lol:

Well deserved honors. I've enjoyed the chatter and the competition. Looking forward to seeing you get recognized for serious A game skills.

EA Sports

Post by EA Sports » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:40 pm

Congrats Mark! Well deserved!
"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win" - Bobby Knight