Auction schedule

Thurman15

Auction schedule

Post by Thurman15 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:54 pm

Greg, Tom, Darik. I see signups are slow for the January auctions. In particular there is no chance this Sunday, as guys won't sign up when the NFL playoffs are on. The first possible auction for January, is not until the 18th. I suggest we put one on later next week (Wednesday 10th or Thursday 11th) Remember last month we filled one up when we tried a weekday evening. With NFL playoffs we might not see as much weekend leagues filling until after the Super Bowl. My thought is if a few guys answer positive in the next 24 hours, (and state their preference for Wednesday or Thursday next week), that we slap it on the schedule. Either FAAB or DC. Otherwise we are getting a late start to the auctions. Thanks for considering this.
Rogers Hornsby, Hall of Famer with the Cardinals was once asked " You love Baseball Rogers, but what do you do in the winter ? " His response......"I stare out the window and wait for spring "

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Auction schedule

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:02 pm

Thurman15 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:54 pm
Greg, Tom, Darik. I see signups are slow for the January auctions. In particular there is no chance this Sunday, as guys won't sign up when the NFL playoffs are on. The first possible auction for January, is not until the 18th. I suggest we put one on later next week (Wednesday 10th or Thursday 11th) Remember last month we filled one up when we tried a weekday evening. With NFL playoffs we might not see as much weekend leagues filling until after the Super Bowl. My thought is if a few guys answer positive in the next 24 hours, (and state their preference for Wednesday or Thursday next week), that we slap it on the schedule. Either FAAB or DC. Otherwise we are getting a late start to the auctions. Thanks for considering this.
Yeah, we'd like to get regular auctions going this month and will try to have an "auction night" where folks know each week when we'll have these offerings. We were thinking a Tuesday night worked best to start out and could even go Tuesday for FAAB leagues and Thursday's for non-FAAB leagues, or something like that. We'll discuss tomorrow and get a regular pattern of offerings up on Registration tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Darik B

Re: Auction schedule

Post by Darik B » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:13 pm

Sunday nights are currently set up as DC Auction night and Tuesdays are set up as FAAB Auction night through at least mid-Feb. We will sprinkle other ones in as we go and as needed.