NEW NFBC FAST DC RECORD SET: 11 Hours, 56 Minutes!

Baseball Furies

NEW NFBC FAST DC RECORD SET: 11 Hours, 56 Minutes!

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:13 am

HOLY HELL THAT WAS FAST!!! 8-) The old record set back in November of 2018 was what I thought a "blazing" 33 hours and 10 minutes. But this baby just blew it out of the water and into the stratosphere by almost a full day! :shock: These dudes were on a mission and here are the names that will go down into the anals of NFBC DC drafting speed history. Wait, did I say "anal"? I meant annals. Freudian slip. :twisted: Anyway, mad props and congrats boys. Rest up and smoke 'em if you got 'em. Now I just need to figure out where my Sunday went. :P

1. MTM
2. Tom Eshenfelder
3. Greg Blankenship
4. Ante Meich
5. Al Holmes
6. Terry Lewis
7. Kirk LeValley
8. Steve Metzler
9. Jody Ryan
10. Mo Fuchs
11. Jim Jeckewicz
12. Sam Horton
13. Scott Waggener
14. Mary Ann Lonigro
15. Dan Semsel

"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Ultrarunner

Re: NEW NFBC FAST DC RECORD SET: 11 Hours, 56 Minutes!

Post by Ultrarunner » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:48 am

That was a hoot! 50 rounds in less than 12 hours. I’ll pay for it today but zero regrets

Thurman15

Post by Thurman15 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:32 am

Proud to be part of it. Thanks, as always, for organizing it Mike. (MTM) There was no checking to see progress, and then moaning because of long delays. You were ALWAYS close to your turn. For those that enjoy a fast pace...this was a beauty. One for the record books.
Rogers Hornsby, Hall of Famer with the Cardinals was once asked " You love Baseball Rogers, but what do you do in the winter ? " His response......"I stare out the window and wait for spring "

coachmo

Post by coachmo » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:31 am

That was awesome, Mike thank you for running that it was a blast. :roll:

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:50 am

That is really cool.
I've though about a DC with a five-minute clock that would probably yield the same result.
A one day draft without just a minute on the clock would probably appeal to some folks. Allowing a little mulling.
It would be especially appealing on down days with a snowstorm or a 'Holiday' like MLK Day in which only some get the day off.

You guys did it with a 2-hour clock and a dogged facilitator. Congrats!
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

WOODERSON

Post by WOODERSON » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:15 am

One for the history books to never be forgotten! What a Ride it was!!! An absolute joy! If you didn't have your seat belt tight n snugg for this one, you was getting thrown off this missile to never be heard from again! WHOA!!! ADRENALINE RUSH TO THE MAXX!, that carried on hours after the last player was selected. Great group of players whom were all obviously prepared and ready to Draft. Thanks to all the coaches, I tip my hat to each! And to boot, there was a chef doing a cookout for 20 patrons ( so this was huge ), dogs being walked, football being watched but not admitted ( against the MTM rules :mrgreen: ) , and a trip out in to the frozen day to do a battery change for a loved one!, but do to quene loading, auto pick, asking for text alert when up to pick , and mobile technology, this draft never missed a beat!!!!! Truly Amazing! :D

jdryan

Post by jdryan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:00 pm

What did I like from yesterday 1) Pats winning 2) Altuve at pick #23 :D 3) Great roster of fast paced drafters..
NFBC by far the best fantasy game around and Mike does a great job with these fast paced drafts ... You don’t do one he knows how to berate you too lol
See you all in Vegas in 60 days can’t wait!!
jody ryan

Gb2715

Post by Gb2715 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:20 pm

It was a pleasure drafting with you guys. Thanks to Mike for running this. At 12 hrs maybe he will do one more? Lots of good drafters and everyone was well prepared. Best of luck to everyone on your upcoming drafts. Maybe one of us will take down the DC title!!!

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:25 pm

altuve at 23!!!!? criminal. this draft should be removed from the overall....... :shock: :D

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:56 pm

WOODERSON wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:15 am
One for the history books to never be forgotten! What a Ride it was!!! An absolute joy! If you didn't have your seat belt tight n snugg for this one, you was getting thrown off this missile to never be heard from again! WHOA!!! ADRENALINE RUSH TO THE MAXX!, that carried on hours after the last player was selected. Great group of players whom were all obviously prepared and ready to Draft. Thanks to all the coaches, I tip my hat to each! And to boot, there was a chef doing a cookout for 20 patrons ( so this was huge ), dogs being walked, football being watched but not admitted ( against the MTM rules :mrgreen: ) , and a trip out in to the frozen day to do a battery change for a loved one!, but do to quene loading, auto pick, asking for text alert when up to pick , and mobile technology, this draft never missed a beat!!!!! Truly Amazing! :D
I love people who love our game this much! :D

This was a lot of fun. I would be up for another one if Mike can get me Trout again. :lol:

COZ

Post by COZ » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:42 pm

If a new NFBC fast DC record is set & nobody gives a shit, did it really happen??? ;) :lol:

https://i.imgur.com/vHzLpac.gifv
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci