MTM Vegas Party, Chapter IV! Friday, 3/22, 9:00 p.m. at the Bellagio!

Baseball Furies

MTM Vegas Party, Chapter IV! Friday, 3/22, 9:00 p.m. at the Bellagio!

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:10 pm

YES, IT'S BACK! 8-) AND NOW JUST A LITTLE OVER EIGHT WEEKS FROM TODAY! The NFBC may not be returning to the Bellagio this year, but the party, and quite frankly the best damn social event of the week you could attend out there, will be! :mrgreen: Greg has once again graciously acquiesced on our behalf, and I was able to crowbar open his wallet just enough to reserve us our fabulous penthouse suite with the spectacular lake view and balconies as we had last year. :P ;) So the tradition will continue with my fourth installment already out there in Sin City this time for Friday evening the 22nd after the completion of most of the live events of the day over at the Park MGM. And I don't want to hear any bullshit excuses about the five minute tram ride over...and God forbid most of you reading this got a little exercise once in a while and walked the mile or so over to the Bellagio from low-rent district of the Park MGM. I do realize it's a bit more than the 10' you're usually used to walking without losing your breath, but you have about two months to get in shape to make the trek. Maybe I'll ask Semsel to run guys back and forth on his back to help out. :mrgreen: So I am hoping that as many of my fellow fanatics and NFBC brethren will put this on their schedules to join me for a great evening of late night festivities. For all of you who attended last year, a great time was had by all as always. This being Vegas, and with so many of us getting together who really don't get a chance to see each other very often, let alone ever meet in person in the first place, there again needs to be a party worthy of the NFBC and in the true MTM tradition of fun, food, drink, pagan rituals, animal acts, and maybe even a small contingent of some of Tom's hookers who will be open to offering Mexican Pancakes to anyone who wants one. :twisted: (Do yourself a favor...don't look it up) :lol: But we'll see how it goes. :mrgreen:

EDITOR'S NOTE: I do realize that the mere mention of hookers being at this party even in jest, is sure to elicit a variety of reactions by several of the wives of popular NFBC veterans who are usually in attendance each year, for example, Jupinka's wife:

and Scott Fleming's wife:

And Lowy's wife:

And Ando's wife:

And of course, Lindy's wife:

There will plenty of room to mingle, bullshit, trash-talk, take photos, get draft advice from me, etc. at our leisure for as long as you'd like that evening. There will be music, beverages, cigars, and I'll again have some draft results up on the big screen T.V. for all of us to debate about, especially the MTM Ultimate which will have taken place the week before in NYC. There will again be a full open bar like last year, and a delicious catered spread, so come both thirsty and hungry!

Now as much as I'd love to foot the remaining tab for this little soiree being the extremely magnanimous individual that I am, it's not going to be possible this year until I win my first overall Main Event title this season. :mrgreen: So this time next year, it will be all on me to celebrate my great victory and crowning as the people's champion. 8-) [EDITOR'S NOTE: Mike said the same thing last year, and he didn't win jack shit.] So this being said, based on what it ran me last year minus the price of the room, it'll only going to be about $100 a head this year all inclusive. I may also add a $25 per head tolerance service fee for all the bullshit that I need to put up with just to make this thing go down without a hitch, including my therapist's fees for dealing with Greg each year. :lol:

And almost forgot one of the biggest highlights of the evening: THE MTM MIDNIGHT MADNESS DRAFT! 8-) This draft will again be returning to help cap off the night's festivities which carried on for some people way after the draft wrapped up. Darik has graciously agreed to be in attendance and partially sober to run it for us. It's always a blast, and I'll have a separate thread up about this draft shortly. We actually started this thing before midnight and we banged it out in about two hours last year powering straight through it without any breaks except for the occasional piss or vomit as I recall. :mrgreen: :lol: It quickly sells out, so if you want a part of this action. Let me know ASAP and add I'll add your name to that thread as well.

So if you're planning on being in Vegas this year, and would like to be a part of the festivities, please post your name to this thread. I will then decide if you have my permission and are worthy enough to attend. :P :lol:

So let's get this rolling! I'd like to have about 30 minimum, and we can have as many as 50, so the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. All are welcome, including significant others if you would like to subject them to this type of torture. :P I'll be sending out some personal invites via texts and PM's, but let's get things started here on this thread. I've already added a few of you who have reached out to me about the party already. The only thing missing is your funds. ;)

If you want in, I'm starting to collect fees for this now since I have to leave deposits for the catering etc. You can PayPal or Venmo me the funds to [email protected] or @Michael-Massotto respectively...or feel free to send money to both if you would like. :mrgreen:

So here's another look at this awesome venue!

Nothing like a nice lake view of the fountains from the balcony while you're out smoking a premium cigar and sipping some fine bourbon or scotch? 8-)

Anyone else getting excited yet? 8-) So who wants in, please let me know ASAP. Thanks.

MTM Vegas Party Semi-Distinguished Guest List

1. MTM (paying for it every day of my life :mrgreen: )
2. Scott Fleming (may be attending in spirit only; will still make him pay)
3. Bryan Vogel (pd)
4. Marc Winokur (pd)
5. Matt Anderson (pd)
6. Dan Semsel (pd)
7. Mike Mager (pd)
8. Rob Giese (pd)
9. Chad Fleming (pd)
10. Jody Ryan (pd)
11. Matt Shepherd (pd)
12. KJ Duke (pd)
13. Jason Duponte (pd)
14. Joe Anthony (pd)
15. Geatan Lavoie (again paying in Canadian Monopoly money the day of the event)
16. Dave Potts (pulling a Jupinka and pussing out; all those millions have made him soft! :P )
17. Glenn Lowy (officially in, and "promises to pay" when he sees me in Vegas)
18. Scott Davis (pd)
19. Jim Jeckewicz
20. Scott Feschuk (pd)
21. Dusty Wagner (pd)
22. Dorian Kinman (pd)
23. Vlad Sedler (pd)
24. John Pausma (pd)
25. Matt Modica (pd)
26. Jay Lyons (pd)
27. Darik Buchar (pd)
28. Jason Anthony
29. Lindy Hinkelman (in and again paying in bacon the day of the event)
30. Eddie Gillis (pd)
31. Mario Malgeri (tentative)
32. Don Warner
33. Sammy Reid (pd)
34. CJ Kaltenbach (pd)
35. Adam Scherer (pd)
36. Rob Silver (pd)
37. Dan Prepas (pd)
38. Derek Pierson
39. Jeff Erickson
40. Scott Waggener (tentative)
Last edited by Baseball Furies on Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:13 am, edited 39 times in total.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Ultrarunner

Re: MTM Vegas Party, Chapter IV! Friday, 3/22, 9:00 p.m. at the Bellagio!

Post by Ultrarunner » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:31 pm

Hell, if I have to carry people they better be skinny little dudes like Potts or Jecewicz. Sorry, Sack...you're walking, bro!

You know I'm in for the party, MTM. The amusement at hearing your delusions of grandeur every year is worth the price of admission.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:50 pm

Ultrarunner wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:31 pm
Hell, if I have to carry people they better be skinny little dudes like Potts or Jecewicz. Sorry, Sack...you're walking, bro!

You know I'm in for the party, MTM. The amusement at hearing your delusions of grandeur every year is worth the price of admission.
Who says Jeckewicz would be an easy tote? Not like he's the most svelte dude in the NFBC by a long shot. :lol: And the grandeur is real, my brother! Get used to it. :mrgreen:

Let's keep it rolling with party attendees. The more, the merrier! :D
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:07 pm

Final arrangements being made today for everything on my end for these festivities out in Vegas. 8-) This one is not to be missed! So if you haven't attended one before, you should add it to your social calendar for when you're out there for the live events. As anyone will tell you, there really isn't anything like meeting me in person. It's life-altering for sure. :mrgreen:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:40 am

The list of semi-distinguished guests is getting longer every day! Always room for more though. Who else would like to join us for this social caucus? :mrgreen: Okay, time for a better thesaurus. :oops:

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:56 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:50 pm
Ultrarunner wrote:

Who says Jeckewicz would be an easy tote? Not like he's the most svelte dude in the NFBC by a long shot. :lol: And the grandeur is real, my brother! Get used to it. :mrgreen:

You couldn't let me enjoy that for five seconds, Gastineau?

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:40 pm

Yah Mule wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:56 pm
Baseball Furies wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:50 pm
Ultrarunner wrote:

You couldn't let me enjoy that for five seconds, Gastineau?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry, bro'! I just call 'em like I see 'em. :mrgreen: Just saw that I hadn't officially added you to the party list. Can I count you in, and perhaps for a little Midnight Madness as well with the rest of us die-hards? 8-)

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:58 pm

Only if I hit a jackpot in the airport when I land. I'm going to be turning extra tricks until June just to cover my Vegas teams this year.

jdryan

Post by jdryan » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:41 pm

I just sent my $100 I’m ready to get out of Mass it’s cold but we do have winning Sport teams.... :D :D :D :D
jody ryan

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:21 pm

Well, this is gonna be hard...I am not going to be able to attend. As much fun as it is and as much as I want too, but my better half will be going to Vegas with me. And she wants to do concerts and clubs after....she has had to put up with all my shit with this new job, so concert and clubs it is...

Give me the shit I deserve...

Have a blast guys...
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:45 am

Edwards Kings wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:21 pm

Well, this is gonna be hard...I am not going to be able to attend. As much fun as it is and as much as I want too, but my better half will be going to Vegas with me. And she wants to do concerts and clubs after....she has had to put up with all my shit with this new job, so concert and clubs it is...

Have a blast guys...

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:56 am

Edwards Kings wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:21 pm

Have a blast guys...

Consider yourself duly shamed, Wayne. :oops: :roll:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:34 am

So while Champ Pausma continues to mull over whether or not to condescend and join us peons for the festivities out in Vegas, that doesn't mean that the rest of you should feel shy about jumping in to join us for what is always a great night. So if you're going to be out in Vegas for the NFBC live events this year, you should definitely make it a point to join us. And for those of you still on the fence with Pausma, SUCK IT UP AND GET OFF IT! :P :roll: How often do you get to spend so much quality time in person with me anyway? And at $100 a head all inclusive, it's a huge bargain if you ask me. :mrgreen: Speaking of which, if you're on this list and joining us and you don't see a little "pd" next to your name, that means my PayPal or Venmo account could still use a little love from you. The set up of all this shit doesn't come cheap you know. Just think of what is cost me in sanity alone to get Greg to use his credit to pay for the suite. :lol: :lol: :lol: So keep the funds a flowing, boys. Appreciate it! 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:53 pm

JUST SEVEN WEEKS AWAY NOW FROM PARTY TIME! So let's start getting those funds to me if you haven't already done so already. Party prep is in full swing and I'm fronting the costs outside of the room. Going to be the social highlight of the Vegas weekend and not to be missed. If you want in, just let me know. And for those of you still "tentative", it's time to take the plunge and "untentative" yourselves. :mrgreen:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:22 am

Nice uptick in peeps ponying up their dough! Let's keep it coming. I want some more definitive commitments as this one is not to be missed. So whether you're new the NFBC or this little soiree or maybe making the trip out to Vegas for the first time, we'd love to have you join us for the best NFBC social event of the live event weekends! 8-) Just post your name on this thread, and I'll add you to the guest list. :D

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:13 am

Pushing 30 now for the festivities! 8-) Who else wants in? Now incredibly JUST SIX WEEKS AWAY, BOYS AND GIRLS!

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:58 pm

Closing in on JUST FIVE WEEKS AWAY from the best social event out in Vegas at the NFBC Live events! Never have so many baseball nerds congregated for so long with so much alcohol in one place to talk fantasy baseball and their shitbag teams that no one else really cares about. It's worth the price of admission just to take in the experience of hanging out with me alone, but come spend some time with the rest of these fanatical idiots as well. :mrgreen: So post your name to this thread with your info, and I'll add you to the list of bare distinguished or distinguishable guests. 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:28 am

Menu being finalized, so need a final head count soon. Rumor has it that some industry "experts" may be joining us and letting their hair down a little, so things just got that much more stupid, dogs! Why did I just slip into like a Def Comedy Jam thing there for a moment? :roll: :lol:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:44 pm

Bumping this up for the sake of the stragglers and cheap asses. Now let's make this be a packed house event so that I can finalize everything on my end. I will make sure that it will be memorable for all as always. :mrgreen: 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:08 pm

Got a couple more off the tentative list and paid! This bad boy is really shaping up to be quite the gathering of NFBC royalty especially now that Champ Pausma has decided to bite the bullet and lower himself to join the rest of peons. :mrgreen:

Still time to join us for all the fun if anyone else wants in. Just let me know! 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:43 am

Just updated the esteemed guest list again. We are now at record numbers for this thing (NOTE: Not Greg's version of "record numbers" :mrgreen:) Still time if anyone else would like in for the festivities. Just let me know and pony up the dough! 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:42 am

WORLD FAMOUS PIG FARMER ALERT! Lindy is now officially in! This night just keeps getting better and better! 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:06 pm

We may have 40+ for this baby by the time it's all said and done! 8-) Still time to jump in if you would like to join us, so just let me know. :D

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:58 pm

Just THREE WEEKS AWAY from party time in Vegas! I want to hear back from all the tentatives to make yourselves official for the evening's festivities. As always, not one to be missed! 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:05 pm

People keep asking me, but if you want in on these festivities, you need to officially add your name to the guest list and PAY! Just 20 days out from the best social event out in Vegas that weekend. Jump in and join a great bunch of guys for food, drink, drafting, and as much baseball talk as you can tolerate that night in a spectacular suite at the Bellagio, courtesy of Greg and your friends at the NFBC! 8-)